Ross Wilson

SKD

His departure will be dressed up as ambition, joining a bigger club etc, but for me there are two other reasons why he might p!ss off, a)leave before he's fully found out - at the moment he has the protective layer of having only been Reed's assistant, or b) leaving what he knows or regards to be a sinking ship.

Time will tell,, but neither make comfortable reading.

Hopefully his last bit of business has left us with:

Che Adams - Not an instant improvement upfront, which is what we needed. Now struggling to get into the team. Should've signed Maupay for the extra £5m in hindsight, who's the same age.

Moussa Djenepo - Looks a gem... When fit.

Kevin Danso - What was the point?

Che Adams - Not an instant improvement upfront, which is what we needed. Now struggling to get into the team. Should've signed Maupay for the extra £5m in hindsight, who's the same age.

Not looking to defend Ross but therein also lies much of the problem....

... again down to previous recruitment dept., of which RW was a part

Still think Adams and Danso can come good to be fair. But obviously he's stuck to the policy of buying players for the future rather than ones who can come straight into the team

Good riddance!! "One of the most sought after talent spotters".....really???? Jeez....he is in the Harry Redknapp camp for me....if you get enough in one or two will be good enough and make you look good!!!

Hopefully Ralph has an influence in the choice of successor.

Didn’t impress me in the last fan forum or whatever it was dressed up as...bit of an interloper. Get Mitchell back...pay him an handsome sum...could do much much worse.

Was trying too hard to be one of the lads -how, for example, he twisted Ralph’s arm into having a drink on tour. As Wee Ross bantzed and gurned away, Ralph looked pretty nonplussed as if he was wondering why he was working with such a cretin.

Poor transfers, wages, managers sacked, sky money, league finish money, season tickets, club reputation, next generation of fans.

Ross and Les have cost us the best part £250m

Ross (Harry) should have been sacked when Les (Lloyd) was

2 useless c u next tuesday's

giphy.gif

Wilson snapped up Van Dyck and Wanyama according to the Mail. This can't be true, surely.

Didn’t impress me in the last fan forum or whatever it was dressed up as...bit of an interloper. Get Mitchell back...pay him an handsome sum...could do much much worse.

Was trying too hard to be one of the lads -how, for example, he twisted Ralph’s arm into having a drink on tour. As Wee Ross bantzed and gurned away, Ralph looked pretty nonplussed as if he was wondering why he was working with such a cretin.

Wilson snapped up Van Dyck and Wanyama according to the Mail. This can't be true, surely.

It was Reed for VD and he may have been working with Wilson at that time

Step up or step down? Rangers are a big club yes, but as we know Premiership football is where it is at.

League down, club up, club trajectory up. He'll have a transfer budget to work with but the main point is that players have a much better chance of succeeding / looking good in that league so it's easier for him to shine up there. I can see why he's taken the job.

I’m laughing my ass off how this move is being toute as a step up for Wilson and a blow for us.

First off, scottish football is what it is, a poor league where we cherry pick off their ‘best players’, he will probably have even less money than he had to spend for us, but that could be a good thing because with ours he completely wasted it.

Yes he played a role in bringing in Van Dijk, Cedric, Redmond, Hojbjerg, Boufal, Bednarek, Valery, Romeu.

But as I was saying he completely burned the Van Dijk money with Carrillo, Elyounoussi, Vestergaard, what a fantastic package!

Not to mention the useless signings of Hoedt Lemina Austin, he also decided to sign Ings on a loan with a 20 million obligation to buy fee (where the guy had hsrdly played any meaningful football for Liverpool in 3 years), he also signed Gabbiadini who no matter how you pain it was not a success here. Armstrong, what a fantastic piece of business there as well! oh and the signing of Angus Gunn, what a pointless signing he was when we already had some depth there and knew it would be complicated to move on some of the other goalkeepers here. if we mention Cedric in the list of players he was instrumental in bringing in, we musn t forget the Juanmi signing (nice one!).

You also scout Elyounoussi for 6 years and you are incapable of seing he has no qualities to succeed in the PL

He was incapable of identifying our areas of weaknesses in the team or even when they were identified did not adress them properly.

Our team has been crying for a spine for years, some pace. We currently have an below average paced team in terms of speed (a step up on previous seasons) and only got better this summer on that aspect because that was one of the things ralph wanted in his team this year (djenepo, adams and danso were signed with this quality in mind)

Shall I also talk about the inexplicable contract renewals of Fraser Forster to make him the highest paid player at the club?

All in all the guy has been a disaster for our club (yes he is as responsible as Les Reed in all this)

If he had been sacked last year following the board reshuffle everyone would have been overjoyed so the press saying it is a blow for us (Adam Leich, Sam Wallace etc...) probably means that they will no longer be fed stories which is a blow for them.

It will only be a blow for us if we replace him with worse (which for the elements listed above will be very hard to do)

I’m laughing my ass off how this move is being toute as a step up for Wilson and a blow for us.

First off, scottish football is what it is, a poor league where we cherry pick off their ‘best players’, he will probably have even less money than he had to spend for us, but that could be a good thing because with ours he completely wasted it.

Yes he played a role in bringing in Van Dijk, Cedric, Redmond, Hojbjerg, Boufal, Bednarek, Valery, Romeu.

But as I was saying he completely burned the Van Dijk money with Carrillo, Elyounoussi, Vestergaard, what a fantastic package!

Not to mention the useless signings of Hoedt Lemina Austin, he also decided to sign Ings on a loan with a 20 million obligation to buy fee (where the guy had hsrdly played any meaningful football for Liverpool in 3 years), he also signed Gabbiadini who no matter how you pain it was not a success here. Armstrong, what a fantastic piece of business there as well! oh and the signing of Angus Gunn, what a pointless signing he was when we already had some depth there and knew it would be complicated to move on some of the other goalkeepers here. if we mention Cedric in the list of players he was instrumental in bringing in, we musn t forget the Juanmi signing (nice one!).

You also scout Elyounoussi for 6 years and you are incapable of seing he has no qualities to succeed in the PL

He was incapable of identifying our areas of weaknesses in the team or even when they were identified did not adress them properly.

Our team has been crying for a spine for years, some pace. We currently have an below average paced team in terms of speed (a step up on previous seasons) and only got better this summer on that aspect because that was one of the things ralph wanted in his team this year (djenepo, adams and danso were signed with this quality in mind)

Shall I also talk about the inexplicable contract renewals of Fraser Forster to make him the highest paid player at the club?

All in all the guy has been a disaster for our club (yes he is as responsible as Les Reed in all this)

If he had been sacked last year following the board reshuffle everyone would have been overjoyed so the press saying it is a blow for us (Adam Leich, Sam Wallace etc...) probably means that they will no longer be fed stories which is a blow for them.

It will only be a blow for us if we replace him with worse (which for the elements listed above will be very hard to do)

I also forget to mention the fantastic negociations he conducted for the sale of our players:

-Mane way underpriced (when prices in the market were clearly going up up up)

-Tadic (10 million, are you having a laugh Ross?)

Van Dijk was the last off the Paul Mitchell conveyor belt. We were strongly linked with him before Mitchell left. But, Mitchell opted to take Alderweireld to Spurs instead so we still managed to get van Dijk.

Van Dijk was the last off the Paul Mitchell conveyor belt. We were strongly linked with him before Mitchell left. But, Mitchell opted to take Alderweireld to Spurs instead so we still managed to get van Dijk.

Surely if anything that proves Mitchell’s weaknesses. Alderwierld was proven in the premier league, he’s also performed well in the Spanish league and champions league he’d had a good season under his belt with is as well as being a full Belgian international. Whilst van dijk was becoming a regular fixture in the Dutch team he was very much an unproven quantity in a top league. Mitchell opted to sign what long term proved to be the wrong man for Spurs. He went for the safe, more expensive option.

Surely if anything that proves Mitchell’s weaknesses. Alderwierld was proven in the premier league, he’s also performed well in the Spanish league and champions league he’d had a good season under his belt with is as well as being a full Belgian international. Whilst van dijk was becoming a regular fixture in the Dutch team he was very much an unproven quantity in a top league. Mitchell opted to sign what long term proved to be the wrong man for Spurs. He went for the safe, more expensive option.

In retrospect, yes, van Dijk was the better of the two. It's an interesting thought that if Mitchell had stayed here, we might have had them both. We were also strongly linked with Trippier before Mitchell left. What might have been.

Will be interesting to see if he takes many of our scouts with him.

Would imagine in that game many are loyal to people rather than to clubs.

Anybody that took a look at Vestergaard, Elyanoussi, Hoedt, Carillo (pressure from Pellegrino) etc. and didn't walk away needs sacking. That together with any player that lacks the pace and football brain to compete in the Premier League. We really are a team with too many slow players, we need to put that right.

Reed and Wilson preached 'detail' and 'due dilligence' on recruiting players

Hoedt - Not good enough for the PL

Lemina - not good enough and not interested either.

Elyounoussi - totally out of his depth

Carrillo - Total farce of a buy, not needed and manager sacked just several weeks later.

This adds up to a conservative say £60M (money which we simply cannot write off) and then add the wages that we're still paying on all these players.

Those players are exactly what positions we're desperatley needing now and bought remember because players were sold.

Wilson had nothing to do with VVD, who was already being watched in previous windows and down to Reed and Koeman's arrival i suspect.

Wilson has luckily got out, just like Reed did (not sacked) but Scottish football is clearly a massive background step after PL

Can we dig into our Red Bull links again and get whoever recruits for Salzburg? They're doing a hell of a job.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

How independently do RB Salzburg operate frok RB Leipzig ?

As I understood it the real brains and driving force behind the group is Raplh Rangnick who appointed Mitchell.

Can we dig into our Red Bull links again and get whoever recruits for Salzburg? They're doing a hell of a job.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Not a bad idea. I think the Red Bull clubs are using Mitchell's 'black box'. Remember the days when we had it here? I don't know what relations are like between the club and Mitchell nowadays but they have probably improved considerably since we got rid of Reed. We're not going to get Mitchell himself back but perhaps he could recommend someone. I doubt he'd be happy to let Christopher Vivell, his HOR at Salzburg, go though.

How independently do RB Salzburg operate frok RB Leipzig ?

As I understood it the real brains and driving force behind the group is Raplh Rangnick who appointed Mitchell.

Rangnick's work is confined to Leipzig. Mitchell is the overall director of all Red Bull football operations and is his boss.

Rangnick's work is confined to Leipzig. Mitchell is the overall director of all Red Bull football operations and is his boss.

Yes, you may be correct in that Rangnick's direct involvement at Leipzig is now reduced. From this article looks as if he's taken a sideways move leaving Mitchell as the key for Leipzig

RasenBallsport Leipzig have conducted a major reshuffle. Interims head coach and sporting director Ralf Rangnick and the club announced at a press conference on June 4 that the 60-year-old will leave RB Leipzig and take over as head of sport and development soccer at Red Bull where he will be in charge primarily of CA Bragantino and New York Red Bulls.

In his new task, Rangnick will continue to work as a consultant to RB Leipzig, but his primary tasks will be to develop the new Red Bull franchise CA Bragantino in Brazil and to work with the Major League Soccer franchise New York Red Bulls. Despite his new task within the Red Bull empire, he will remain in Leipzig.

Full article:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/manuelveth/2019/06/04/ralf-rangnick-and-the-big-reshuffle-at-rb-leipzig/

In retrospect, yes, van Dijk was the better of the two. It's an interesting thought that if Mitchell had stayed here, we might have had them both. We were also strongly linked with Trippier before Mitchell left. What might have been.

Yes I remember that, I think it was when Tripper was at Burnley, that would have been some back four.

Yes I remember that, I think it was when Tripper was at Burnley, that would have been some back four.

Bertrand-Van Dijk-Aldeweireld-Trippier.

Blimey.

Would that have been the season Leicester won the league as well? Could have finished in the top 4 as all the usual top teams were abysmal that year.

Wilson has luckily got out, just like Reed did (not sacked) but Scottish football is clearly a massive background step after PL

If you're Scottish and want to go back to Scotland then Rangers is actually one of the 2 best jobs for a DoF you can get. I'd be far happier being mindlessly slagged off by fans living somewhere I wanted to be that somewhere I didn't.