Jack Stephens

Batman

Worst quality imo is he constantly steps out leaving huge holes in behind that are easy to exploit. He could maybe get away with that in a back 3 but not when he has the slower Hoedt beside him. Wouldn't be getting in the side if he wasn't English aka £££ sale value.

It's ironic that we have defenders like Stephens that are good on the ball but can't defend and attackers like Long that defend well but can't score.

Last summer a lot of experts on here decided that Stephens was better than Yoshida!

Who?! He's ****e. He came in and did a half decent job given the situation in the second half of last season, but thats probably because the team only went to the half way line.

If you ever bothered to watch Lazio you would have seen he plays at right back and he's not that good anymore.

He covers the entire back line, not that we ever got to see it. With 70+ caps for Uruguay, I'd still maintain he'd've been better than what we've currently got

And we signed Caceres, played him once and then released him. Tidy enough for Lazio, but surplus to requirements here. Go figure....

He has only played once in serie a for Lazio since moving....

He will never get ahead of De Vrij, Radu, Lulic, Bastos etc. Even the youngsters Felipe, Patric and Wallace get games ahead of him. We may have a lot of problems here but Caceres was only signed as a back up and will probably be released at the end of the season.

£50k a week? Really? I mean REALLY?!! £2.6m a year for Jack ****îng Stephens? That is absolutely mental

Thank Il Duce. I hear that Austin is on £80K and dog knows what Treetrunk is on! And there's H Reed and Plug(Fulham), etc on dog knows what.

Does anybody know if there are Rupert Lowe type Relegation clauses in those 2016 contract extension disasters? If not, Saints would be in SERIOUS financial trouble.

Les Reed then just goes away without a care in the world. Lovely man.

Not very good in the air which is important given where he plays. I think he'd make a decent right back or part of a 3 man centre. He might even do a job in midfield given how much better he is on the floor than the air.

tough job playing centre half in this day and age, but the very first thing you need to be able to do is dominate in the air. He doesn't. All the other facets to his game, such as being decent on the ball, become unimportant if you cant do that basic thing. Get a dominant centre half and you can build from there. Saints have, by and large, put out a decent side with half a chance of winning games when they have had a ball winner like Richards, Svensson, Jahdi, Fonte, Lovren, Toby and VVD.

• 1 month later...

Started very nervously, but definitely did well as the game wore on.

I still think he could do Romeu's role and that's a better position for him, but he's a decent footballer all in all.

(He's got to stop getting preoccupied with playing the man and letting the ball bounce when it's there to be headed clear, though.)

Great interview with him and Adam Blackmore post match - didn't shy away from the team's individual and collective shortcomings over the course of the season. Certainly seemed to care about the club.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk