Hughes may yet beat the drop but the Southampton Way has gone ~ Guardian Article

SuperSAINT

I agree with pretty much all of it, save for the paragraph about us not having our "self-respect stripped away by a disconnected owner". We appear now to have exactly that. Further, Kat in my view, while outwardly "having to do the decent thing" with daddy's cherished heirloom club, in reality couldn't wait to divest herself of something she had no deep affection or passion for. That slowly eroded the culture of success and ambition, and ultimately silenced the buzz of a club that regularly tweaked the noses of the Giants.

The minute the Club started believing the hype and that there was a "Southampton Way", was our decline.

IMO we got a little lucky that Koeman worked out so well and that we were given a stack of cash in the summer of 2014 and largely spent it well.

That luck became labelled as a strategy when really it was a specific circumstance.

The minute the Club started believing the hype and that there was a "Southampton Way", was our decline.

IMO we got a little lucky that Koeman worked out so well and that we were given a stack of cash in the summer of 2014 and largely spent it well.

That luck became labelled as a strategy when really it was a specific circumstance.

Exactly charlie.

Right now I don't give a damn about the Southampton Way or any other way.Pity we don't have some in mould of Docker, Steele, etc. Maybe a modern version of them, and some defenders that know how to defend.

Crikey I can see McGrath turning in his grave at the sh*te we are playing in our team.

Too late, most people know that I and a few others warned of this scenario years ago.

Why were you warning us on a message board. Should you not have taken your concerns to Mr Reed, Mr Kruger and Ms Liebherr?

Thanks a bunch Dalek you and your friends have sunk our club by not acting. If you see a fire do you call 999 or do you post about it on a message board containing no firemen?

I agree with pretty much all of it, save for the paragraph about us not having our "self-respect stripped away by a disconnected owner". We appear now to have exactly that. Further, Kat in my view, while outwardly "having to do the decent thing" with daddy's cherished heirloom club, in reality couldn't wait to divest herself of something she had no deep affection or passion for. That slowly eroded the culture of success and ambition, and ultimately silenced the buzz of a club that regularly tweaked the noses of the Giants.

If she couldn't wait to sell, why did she wait for seven years?

Too late, most people know that I and a few others warned of this scenario years ago.

Lottery numbers for this week please? Sorry Dalek, but it is not rocket science that a club of our size is going to go through down periods. There is no stone walled guarantee that a new manager or a new player will always work out. As long as we dont have mega resources we are always going to struggle at some point as all of the other clubs like us do. You can blow your own trumpet all you like, but you have only been stating the obvious.

That our model of buying low and consistently selling, usually high, was always going to eventually run out of steam. The issue seems to be that a) there is no plan B, and b) we have become the PL stepping stone club of choice. Anybody of any calibre who comes here and performs is gone within a season.

Why were you warning us on a message board. Should you not have taken your concerns to Mr Reed, Mr Kruger and Ms Liebherr?

Thanks a bunch Dalek you and your friends have sunk our club by not acting. If you see a fire do you call 999 or do you post about it on a message board containing no firemen?

I was lambasted by people on the forum. Of course, for some, I was an inconvenient truth.

Lottery numbers for this week please? Sorry Dalek, but it is not rocket science that a club of our size is going to go through down periods. There is no stone walled guarantee that a new manager or a new player will always work out. As long as we dont have mega resources we are always going to struggle at some point as all of the other clubs like us do. You can blow your own trumpet all you like, but you have only been stating the obvious.

But that is the point. I was 'stating the obvious' at a time when it was extremely unfashionable to say so.

That our model of buying low and consistently selling, usually high, was always going to eventually run out of steam. The issue seems to be that a) there is no plan B, and b) we have become the PL stepping stone club of choice. Anybody of any calibre who comes here and performs is gone within a season.

This is plan B: buy a load of overpriced sh*t that no other club would want. Problem solved!

If she couldn't wait to sell, why did she wait for seven years?

What are you on about? She only got control of the Club in 2014, and by mid 2017 had sold the club a process she started at least a year earlier. 2 years from getting control to putting the club up for sale, didn't take her long did it.

I was lambasted by people on the forum. Of course, for some, I was an inconvenient truth.
hey, look at me, look at me!!!

really, everyone look at me!!

bugger, even in this terrible run, it's all about you. You couldn't care less about this club.

hey, look at me, look at me!!!

really, everyone look at me!!

bugger, even in this terrible run, it's all about you. You couldn't care less about this club.

Clearly a massive smelly gaping **** of a person. He’s posted 2 things about 5,000 times each. Hoddle and we’re sleepwalkimg to relegation. Finally he might get one of them right after all this tedious time and he’s as smug as ****. Pathetic little ****.

But that is the point. I was 'stating the obvious' at a time when it was extremely unfashionable to say so.

You weren't the only one. The wrist slitting brigade have all been saying it every season for years. Like a stopped clock you and they were going to be right at some point. It is never unfashionable to run down your club on an internet forum. That is the only reason many people seem to post.

Clearly a massive smelly gaping **** of a person. He’s posted 2 things about 5,000 times each. Hoddle and we’re sleepwalkimg to relegation. Finally he might get one of them right after all this tedious time and he’s as smug as ****. Pathetic little ****.

:lol: and true