Saints v Arsenal (A) Match Thread

St Chalet

Long was mom for me, and I also thought Tadic and Hojbjerg played well. But our defence is an absolute liability, we can't seem to deal with any crosses in to our box, and wilt under the slightest bit of pressure. The boards refusal to replace Van Dijk is what is ultimately going to cost us our premiership status as Stephens, Hoedt and Yoshida are nowhere near good enough

Wellbeck always does well against us. I thougth JWP did well, the 2nd half we were the better side.Tadic does create but he slows the attacks down. Should have taken him for the pace of Redmond. Yosh kept on instead of Stephens.

It was risky changing us to zonal marking this late in the season.

How did Iwobi get that cross in? Cedric was fouled but we should have dealt with it

The object of the game is to score more goals than the opposition. If you don't do that, you don't deserve to win. Do you claim you deserved to win a game of Monopoly because tout had Mayfair and Park Lane at one point and made it difficult for the other player?

Taking yoshi off was a mistake that cost us. Should have been Stephens.

He's a young lad who needs games to develop. But yoshi is the better player and we can't afford to train Stephens this run in.

Fortunately he has been sent off. I honestly expect our defence to improve immeasurably.

Thought the same when he came off, can only conclude he was knackered due to lack of game time. If we want to go 3 at the back now stick Bertrand in there, he's done it before successfully and put McQueen in at LB.

Reading some of the clueless garbage written in here I am glad I chose to avoid these threads

most of the time now....

Great effort by all and deserved at least a point but keep playing like that and we have a chance of avoiding the drop

Zonal marking is not a great Idea

It's a shame he didn't punch the little shiete instead of just pushing him if it's the same ban.

I honestly felt Stephens had no choice but to cuff the ****, he first dragged his shirt off his back and then did everything humanly possible to pull him to the ground. Stephens perhaps has to show more professionalism, but every player has their breaking point and I am certain I'm have done exactly the same. I'm still fuming...

Reading some of the clueless garbage written in here I am glad I chose to avoid these threads

most of the time now....

Great effort by all and deserved at least a point but keep playing like that and we have a chance of avoiding the drop

Absolutely this. The amount of people not even believing in that we can get out of this is ridiculous. If we can carrying on like we have today we will be fine! COYR

Absolutely this. The amount of people not even believing in that we can get out of this is ridiculous.

we just do not have enough games left.

we wont be staying up, sadly. and that is the fault of the 3 amigo's at the top of the club

Just for balance, we shipped three goals, which is obviously bad, but at the other end Austin should have scored when Tadic put him through. Too slow though and it the end had to stretch.

A fit player would have got there sooner and picked his spot. There was a shot of Charlie hopelessly out of breath at a corner not long after he came on. If only we had a player with the fitness and desire of Long and the goal scoring prowess of Austin.

A fit player would have got there sooner and picked his spot. There was a shot of Charlie hopelessly out of breath at a corner not long after he came on. If only we had a player with the fitness and desire of Long and the goal scoring prowess of Austin.

Austin hasn't got the pace. Whether he is fit or not would not have made any difference in this instance.

What a difference from the disgrace of West Ham! Really pleased with the gutsy display. Long ran himself into the ground. Hate to say but young Stehens needs a break as he is the weakest link at the back. Disappointed we failed to get a point. Onwards we go!

What a difference from the disgrace of West Ham! Really pleased with the gutsy display. Long ran himself into the ground. Hate to say but young Stehens needs a break as he is the weakest link at the back. Disappointed we failed to get a point. Onwards we go!
At one stage Stephens was running back to the goal and seemed not to be concentrating and nearly got caught on the ball

yep, he was blowing out of his arse. Combine Long and Austin and you have a superstar striker.

Absolutely this. The amount of people not even believing in that we can get out of this is ridiculous. If we can carrying on like we have today we will be fine! COYR

I don't think we will survive but will hope till the end but sadly and bizzarely some want us to go down so they can say

"I was right"

That I just don't get

The object of the game is to score more goals than the opposition. If you don't do that, you don't deserve to win. Do you claim you deserved to win a game of Monopoly because tout had Mayfair and Park Lane at one point and made it difficult for the other player?

Do you always claim that we definitely deserved to win every game we actually win?