Saints v Arsenal (A) Match Thread

St Chalet

Poor half really. Yes there has been an up in effort and fight, but we’ve pretty much been camped in our half for the whole game.

Need to take the game to them second half if we want to have a chance of winning this one. They’re worse than us at the back and haven’t really been tested.

Had this been a puel side, he would have been slaughtered

Well, we scored, but this match proves we're just not good enough to be in this company.

Championship beckons - time to get rid of chaff & do a rebuild. Including executives & management/coaching. We need a long-term plan again.

first 25 minutes were perhaps the best of our entire premiership season...sadly Yoshida ball watched, Stephens doesn't get tight and Cedric doesn't take the striker out, then Wellbeck got a tad lucky and Stephens doesn't prevent him doing what he wnats. Improvement on last week, but parking the bus and still conceding two shows you just how poor we are right now. I still think we can get an equaliser, but keep a clean sheet in the second half? No chance.

Edited by Chez

Good performance compared to previous weeks, but the 5-4-1 at 2-1 down needs to be changed, switch to 4 at the back, Romeu as DM, swap Tadic for Sims, and take off Long as he's now injured for Austin.

Sims on, yes; but Tadic has been good today - surely it would be Ward-Prowse coming off. Have to get someone on who can run at the defence - Sims it is.

nothing disgraceful really. we are not very good and it was a deflected shot. we are already down and nothing to get wound up about. We were always going to lose this game

That's the spirit! Worst Arsenal team selection they could make. All games winnable or might as well give up. Oh. You have

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's the spirit! Worst Arsenal team selection they could make. All games winnable or might as well give up. Oh. You have

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

how does me or you giving up or not make a blind bit of difference?

Well, we scored, but this match proves we're just not good enough to be in this company.

Championship beckons - time to get rid of chaff & do a rebuild. Including executives & management/coaching. We need a long-term plan again.

NC had a long term plan, but we mocked him and it and got rid of him

I am not impressed with the squad that Arsenal has put on the pitch. It still looks pretty shaky to me. I'd be tempted to give it a go and see if we can score a few. We're down so the sit back and pray we counter won't get us there. I doubt Wenger puts any of his top players in the game now that they are ahead, so I think we can give it a run versus this Arsenal set up

It isn't beyond the bounds of possibility that we could win this, even from a goal behind. Arsenal's defence doesn't look any better than ours. We have been much better than against West Ham, not that that is very difficult. I'm pleased to have Yoshida back to give us a back three, with five with the wing backs. A pity that Lemina isn't available, or the midfield would have been very solid indeed. At some stage, we will need to take off Tadic or Ward-Prowse for Austin/Gabbiadini, especially if Long is not 100%.

It isn't beyond the bounds of possibility that we could win this, even from a goal behind. Arsenal's defence doesn't look any better than ours. We have been much better than against West Ham, not that that is very difficult. I'm pleased to have Yoshida back to give us a back three, with five with the wing backs. A pity that Lemina isn't available, or the midfield would have been very solid indeed. At some stage, we will need to take off Tadic or Ward-Prowse for Austin/Gabbiadini, especially if Long is not 100%.

Yoshida? Did you see the gutless turning is back and sticking a leg out for second goal.

JWP an absolute passenger so far.

Yoshida pathetic for their 2nd goal. Stand up, let the ball hit you and its not a goal.

They are gettable in defence but will score 4 against us so its irrelevant.

Yes, that was pathetic defending.

Yoshida? Did you see the gutless turning is back and sticking a leg out for second goal.

Of course he had to stick out his leg to try and defelect the ball. He doesn't have eyes in the back his head to know where McCarthy was. It was just unlucky that the ball deflected off him.