Arsenal Post Match

Dusic

Fortunately we have Romanian international Gardos as a back up if one of them gets injured/suspended.

Oh.

Bertrand in as one the three CBs and McQueen at LWB for me. Certainly against Chelsea anyway. Not a massive McQueen fan but he could do a job there hopefully

Just watched the highlight on MoTD2 and it confirms what I thought at the time. Cedric was fouled for the winning goal. Wilshere pushes him over giving Welbeck the free header. LOL at the analysts who said they watched it over and over but still didn't seem to spot the push. Of course it would have helped even more if Stephens hadn't left Cedric 2 on 1 at the back post :(

Exactly what I saw too. What a shame that there wasn't video evidence to back it up at the time during the game. I don't recall them analysing the possibility of a push on MOTD. What a c*nt Wilshere is, what with his cheating by holding players back by tugging at their shirts too.

After that embarrassment by the ref, we have Mike Dean for Chelsea

The officiating the weekend gone highlights why there are no English refs at the world cup

Oh what joy - he will be itching to point to the spot as soon as the ball enters our penalty box and merely, coyly, looks at anyone’s arm...............it’s even more nailed on seeing as it’s on the Telly

After that embarrassment by the ref, we have Mike Dean for Chelsea

The officiating the weekend gone highlights why there are no English refs at the world cup

Having now watched the sendings off on TV I can only reflect that the game has come to a sorry state.

I'll reluctantly accept that according to the letter of the law, the Stephens incident could be violent conduct as he raised his arm, but the push was only to the chest. The Arsenal one seemed even less serious.

But isn't it ridiculous that a player can blatantly hold on to an opponent's shirt for several seconds and about 20 yards, finally half ripping it off his back, and that is just a caution for ungentlemanly conduct. But, if by doing that, he provokes the opponent into my physical retaliation, it's a red.

Ludicrous, because it just encourages fouling and niggling to try to get a sending- off.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Oh what joy - he will be itching to point to the spot as soon as the ball enters our penalty box and merely, coyly, looks at anyone’s arm...............it’s even more nailed on seeing as it’s on the Telly

We have to hope he decides that his best bet for attention is to give us something soft.

Will someone please tell Yoshida that a football at full pelt in the chest won't give him a serious injury. Why does he keep turning his back when the balls heading his way? I have yet to hear or see of a player receiving a serious injury from a football. Come on Sparky tell them it stings for a minute then all you have is a bruise?

Having now watched the sendings off on TV I can only reflect that the game has come to a sorry state.

I'll reluctantly accept that according to the letter of the law, the Stephens incident could be violent conduct as he raised his arm, but the push was only to the chest. The Arsenal one seemed even less serious.

But isn't it ridiculous that a player can blatantly hold on to an opponent's shirt for several seconds and about 20 yards, finally half ripping it off his back, and that is just a caution for ungentlemanly conduct. But, if by doing that, he provokes the opponent into my physical retaliation, it's a red.

Ludicrous, because it just encourages fouling and niggling to try to get a sending- off.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Graham Poll was slating Mariner on the radio earlier. Said it was his fault that two players got sent off when he should have blown for such an obvious fouls by wilshere in the first place. Poll also said mariner just walks around during the game is is lazy with his refereeing.

Not seen it myself but harry Maguire got a yellow for something almost identical to Stephens! And such obvious inconsistency cannot be right

Stephens fully deserved a red card but it was shocking that the ref didn't step in sooner to sort out Wilshere.

Goodness knows why Elneny then got sent off. I think the linesman felt sorry for us and wanted to make amends.

The crying shame is that Stephens just pushed him over instead of sparking him out properly.

Will someone please tell Yoshida that a football at full pelt in the chest won't give him a serious injury. Why does he keep turning his back when the balls heading his way? I have yet to hear or see of a player receiving a serious injury from a football. Come on Sparky tell them it stings for a minute then all you have is a bruise?

Players have died from being hit in the chest from balls hit at them very hard. It's happened multiple times and the most recent was just a few weeks ago. Look up Bruno Boban. It's obviously very rare and i'm not suggesting players don't attempt to block goal bound shots but getting hit in the chest by a football at full pelt certainly can and does cause serious injury and even death.

Graham Poll was slating Mariner on the radio earlier. Said it was his fault that two players got sent off when he should have blown for such an obvious fouls by wilshere in the first place. Poll also said mariner just walks around during the game is is lazy with his refereeing.

Not seen it myself but harry Maguire got a yellow for something almost identical to Stephens! And such obvious inconsistency cannot be right

That’s interesting to hear because i’ve always regarded Marriner as a ref who doesn’t do a lot during games. He seems reluctant to make any decisions, unless he really has to, which I guess is lazy. Maybe it’s a consequence of the Gibbs/Ox confusion, but he just seems to let the game bypass him. He’s dreadful.

Stephens fully deserved a red card but it was shocking that the ref didn't step in sooner to sort out Wilshere.

Goodness knows why Elneny then got sent off. I think the linesman felt sorry for us and wanted to make amends.

The crying shame is that Stephens just pushed him over instead of sparking him out properly.

He didn't really deserve it though did he? He was frustrated and shoved him to the ground. It happens multiple times during a game in other sports and the referee just steps in, tells them to grow up and you get on with the game.

The rules should be changed as I just think it's madness that players can be sent off for what Stephens and Elneny did

Players have died from being hit in the chest from balls hit at them very hard. It's happened multiple times and the most recent was just a few weeks ago. Look up Bruno Boban. It's obviously very rare and i'm not suggesting players don't attempt to block goal bound shots but getting hit in the chest by a football at full pelt certainly can and does cause serious injury and even death.

Thanks for the info.However,Yoshi seems to turn his back more than most and it has led to goals we should not have conceded.

He didn't really deserve it though did he? He was frustrated and shoved him to the ground. It happens multiple times during a game in other sports and the referee just steps in, tells them to grow up and you get on with the game.

The rules should be changed as I just think it's madness that players can be sent off for what Stephens and Elneny did

"Deserved" in the sense of the rules being applied correctly, then yes, obviously he did. If you want to make your own moral judgment based on him being frustrated then fine but don't expect referees to agree with you. If you put two hands around a player's neck / shoulder area and throw them to the floor in retaliation you get a red card. FFS, Stephens clearly deserved a red card.

Elneny, on the other hand, got completely stitched up for a simple shove that does go regularly unpunished.

Thanks for the info.However,Yoshi seems to turn his back more than most and it has led to goals we should not have conceded.

To be fair i've watched it again on motd2 and he looks to actually move out of the way altogether and just stick his leg out. So it was a pretty lame attempt to stop the shot and i'm sure Hughes will have had a word with him about that.

So Arsenal cheating repeatedly at the end and then pushing Cedric in the face gets rewarded with a let off and Saints going forward then doing the same as McGuire gets a 3 match ban???WTF????

And Ashley Young gets away with a potential leg breaker on Aguero, Kane gets a goal without touching the ball.

If you ddn't lnow better, you could think that these commitees were afraid of the big 6 ......... DUH!

And Ashley Young gets away with a potential leg breaker on Aguero, Kane gets a goal without touching the ball.

If you ddn't lnow better, you could think that these commitees were afraid of the big 6 ......... DUH!

And they cover themselves with the $h!tty spiteful little gem of : if you have the temerity (and that is the word that has been used) to challenge the decision we'll double the punishment.

They managed to retropectively Harshly punish Tyronne Mings last season in the Cherries game at...............oh hang on...Man Utd. But Ashley Youngs leg breaker just evaporates, they really do think we are stupid.

Truth is we should be use to it by now