Your thoughts please?

Pilchards

(1) Think we can get out of relegation if Huddersfield and Palace don’t go on an amazing winning run.

(2) Hughes realised that it’s not about picking fancy players but players that will work for the team.

(3) No Lemina, Boufal, Carrillo and Gabby vs Arsenal tells me that our recruitment is all wrong.

(4) If we have a bit of luck we can reach the final of the F A cup

(5) This season is becoming terribly exciting as Saints are on my brain 24/7.

(6) How many tickets left for the semi final?

(7) Dalek must be Hoddle’s love child.

1 Yep

2Yep

3 Lemina was ill and other others not really relegation scrap players more luxury players for when we are playing well

4Yep

5 I try not to think about it tbh

6 Don't care running my first half marathon for cancer research (will post my just giving link if anyone wants to sponsor me)

7 Or Hoddle himself

To stay up we need 3 wins and 10+ points. 3 wins and 1 draw from 6 games is very optimistic.

Palace will be safe. None of their 5 games are against top 6. 3 are at home.

Huddersfield just need a win and a few draws to make it very difficult for us. But 3 of their 5 games are against top 6 clubs. They are our best chance of surviving. I agree with Pamplemousse.

Palace will be fine, Huddersfield are our main rivals IMO. I still think we'll just about finish above them, but we need to beat Bournemouth and Swansea at the very least. A bonus win at the weekend would ease the pressure.

Don't rule out a Stoke revival.

You have to hope that Sunday gave the players a bit of belief, having watched the West Ham game admittedly online, that was a car crash, I was picking bits of windscreen out of my face for most of last week, whilst having a ticket for the Emirates I was more looking forward to dinner out with friends (who are Arsenal ST holders).

At full time I didn't have a face like a smacked backside, because for the first time in weeks we had a bit of fight, another week on the training pitch with Mark, Eddie and Mark who knows.

Think we saw the core of the team for the rest of the season on Sunday, no frills just players prepared to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in, yup you cynics the boy might of been brought up in a house of fish (who cares?!) but there is no doubt JWP is a Saints player through and through, given the choice picking teams in the playground and just JWP and Redmond left to choose from; the other kid is getting Redmond. Tadic can slip on a bar of soap, might do us a favour when the muck and bullets are flying during the run in, we don't need players selecting reverse..................... Not seeing Iwobe off yesterday backs this up, you can point at Cedric and Jack all you want, but that cross should not have come into the box, Tadic should have seen him off.

As for recruitment we all know its pants, we don't have one nasty B@$t@rd in the team its too polite. regular readers know I have a pal who knows the game, I said a couple of months back "dunno whats gone wrong with Gabbiadini" his reply......... "Thats why he is at Southampton, and cost less that £20m".

Get a couple of results in the next couple of games, and the season gets interesting.

Come on Saints don't let the hope kill me.

1) They're not winning at the moment either. We need 3 wins from 6, IMO

2) Yep. Needs to find the balance Saturday though

3) Carillo was a horrific signing. Boufal's a luxury player so not ideal for now but worth putting on the bench for a bit of inspiration should we need it. Lemina will be back, Gabbi off in the summer whether we stay up or not

4) Well yeah. Chelsea have nothing else to play for but the FA Cup now though so I can't see us causing an upset

5) Not sure exciting is the right word

6) Bugger knows

7) Yes

In summary, we could be 6 points adrift by 5pm Saturday which would be a big mental blow. Chelsea is must-win, but aren't they all...

Mr Pessimistic here

We will lose or draw v Chelsea and Huddersfield will beat Watford making our job extremely difficult

Anyone know what the current odds are of the current bottom three being relegated?

In comparison I wonder what the odds would have been at the start of the season of Saints, Stoke and WBA going down?

Sat is massive. If and it’s a big if, we can win, it’s going to pile on the pressure for Huddersfield, Swansea & Palace. If we lose their games become free hits, much easier to play in those circumstances.

Our run isn’t as bad as it looks on paper, particularly if Leicester lose to Burnley sat. It’s not inconceivable that our games will look like this

Chelsea-Nothing to play for.

Leicester- Nothing to play for

Boscombe-Safe from relegation

Everton-Nothing to play for

Swansea-Safe from relegation

Man C- Nothing to play for, players looking at World Cup.

If we can’t win 3 of them, we deserve to go down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mr Pessimistic here

We will lose or draw v Chelsea and Huddersfield will beat Watford making our job extremely difficult

Anyone know what the current odds are of the current bottom three being relegated?

In comparison I wonder what the odds would have been at the start of the season of Saints, Stoke and WBA going down?

I noticed that, for the first time, we became one of the bookies’ favourites to go down after the weekend results. I understand why given maths, namely that Udders picked up a good point at Brighton and we lost. However, in truth, I think we have more chance of staying up now than I did before the weekend such was the level of improvement from the Wet Spam game.

By my reckoning these next two weekends are make and break, and it is all about what happens in Udders’ two home games against Watford and Everton. If they fail to win either it is game on for Saints, as I don’t see Udders getting any points at all after those games looking at the run in.