Chelsea (H) Build up thread

vince

Can't believe we've got to Tuesday morning without a build up thread for the next league game, so I'll see if I can change our luck by starting one!

Chelsea are beatable if we are up for it and have a bit of luck. I think OR not picking up a booking in the last game and now being free of a 2 game ban for 10 bookings may allow him to be a bit more agressive in midfield and I'd like to see Sims start. 2-1 the Saints (ever the optimist, me).

The sound bites coming out of Chelski seem to be that they will finish outside the Top 4 now so will be more up for the FAC semi final as a route to silverware. A glimmer of hope for us? What bothers me and no doubt 99.9% of us is that we can do well then let in two soft goals against the top teams who have the players to do nothing much all game then produce a few seconds of real class. We just have to be clinical with our finishing. Try Carillo with Ausin at least once.

The sound bites coming out of Chelski seem to be that they will finish outside the Top 4 now so will be more up for the FAC semi final as a route to silverware. A glimmer of hope for us? What bothers me and no doubt 99.9% of us is that we can do well then let in two soft goals against the top teams who have the players to do nothing much all game then produce a few seconds of real class. We just have to be clinical with our finishing. Try Carillo with Ausin at least once.

Never put Carrillo anywhere near the squad plus I reckon he will be **** in the championship too.

As I said elsewhere, I think the team we played on Sunday will be the core of the team over the next few games more workman like than finesse.

To be honest Carrillo and Austin up front is attacking with the handbrake on, whilst Long might not have been prolific for a couple of seasons and is lacking in certain areas the one thing he brings to the party is nuisance, the first defenders in your team are your strikers, someone like him makes defenders cautious of pushing up especially when they know with a head start they have little chance of catching him.

Play like Sunday and better, we're in with a chance.

If what Batman posted elsewhere is true, then we have Mike 'bloody' Dean on the whistle, and it's on TV so the perfect stage for him to be the only star on the pitch- 50/50 in our box you just know where he's pointing.

Just be a treat to do em twice in a week.

McCarthy

Cedric Hoedt Yoshida Bertrand

Romeu Hojbjerg

Long/Sims Ward-Prowse Tadic

Austin

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Would be tempted to use Long again and bring Austin on once Long has worn them down.

---------------McCarthy

Cedric----Yoshida---Hoedt----Bertrand

-----Hojbjerg--Romeu--Lemina--------

JWP--------------------------------Tadic

------------------Long-------------------

The best team we have beaten this season is probably Fulham so its hard to see a win here but one is badly needed.

Would have liked to see the 3 CBs again at the start to add some vague solidity in numbers, but Stephens red has probably put paid to that.

For me Lemina should come back in with Hojbjerg and Romeu in the middle and then Tadic (whonwas good at Arsenal) and JWP either side of Long.

But far from hopeful.

Would be tempted to use Long again and bring Austin on once Long has worn them down.

---------------McCarthy

Guess its dependent on Long's fitness. Didn't look good on Sunday. Would put Davis in instead of Hojbjerg (if fit) and Sims instead of Tadic. Problem is we are screwed if either CB gets a knock or a red, really don't want to have to depend on Bednarek.

Now have a spare ticket for this game in the Itchen block one.

Going to use my sons mate season ticket as he can’t make it.

Face value and can meet at the game or pub.

If interested PM (if you can) or state on here and I will sort something out to get in contact with you.

I would go back to a back 4, which basically picks itself.

Romeu, Hojbjerg and Lemina.

Austin has to play if fit.

Long deserves another start after his performance against Arsenal and gives us extra presence in the box and pace on the break. He plays down one of the channels.

The other "wing" is a toss-up between JWP, Tadic, Boufal and Sims. I'd probably go for Long on the right and Tadic on the left.

I would go back to a back 4, which basically picks itself.

Romeu, Hojbjerg and Lemina.

Austin has to play if fit.

Long deserves another start after his performance against Arsenal and gives us extra presence in the box and pace on the break. He plays down one of the channels.

The other "wing" is a toss-up between JWP, Tadic, Boufal and Sims. I'd probably go for Long on the right and Tadic on the left.

Totally disagree.

First up our wingbacks gave us more options going forward and Long gives us the quick break away option that Austin won’t have.

Just get a ****ing win SFC, getting ridiculous now.

We never lost 3 consecutive league games under Pellegrino. So it will be a new low for the season if we lose this one.

With our lack of a central defence, we're going to need to score at least 2 goals and with Austin back there is a chance of that whereas without him there would have been none.

We never lost 3 consecutive league games under Pellegrino. So it will be a new low for the season if we lose this one.

With our lack of a central defence, we're going to need to score at least 2 goals and with Austin back there is a chance of that whereas without him there would have been none.

I honestly don't see another victory coming this season.

Guess its dependent on Long's fitness. Didn't look good on Sunday. Would put Davis in instead of Hojbjerg (if fit) and Sims instead of Tadic. Problem is we are screwed if either CB gets a knock or a red, really don't want to have to depend on Bednarek.

I think Long was fine in the end. And yeh needs to start vs Chelsea.

---------------McCarthy

I'd go with that too. After the more spirited performance on Sunday I get the feeling we won't see much of Boufal and Redmond from now on, and certainly not Carrillo. Even Gabbiadini may struggle to get a look in.

And I'm happy with that. We created far more against Arsenal without our so-called creative players. Although not spectacular, JWP is very important for the cohesion of the midfield.

Back to a back 4 I guess.

----------------------McCarthy-----------------------

Cedric--------Yoshida-----Hoedt-----------Bertrand

------------JWP-------Romeu-----Hojbjerg----------

---------Long----------Austin-----Tadic--------------

SUBS: Forster, Bednarek, Pied/McQueen, Lemina/Davis, Boufal/Sims, Redmond/Carrillo, Gabbiadini

Squeezy. Spirited point to get our hopes up... 1-1.

-----------------McCarthy----------------------------

Cedric------Yoshida------Hoedt-----------Bertrand

----------Romeu--------Hojbjerg--------------------

--Long----------Tadic----------------Boufal

-----------------Austin------------------------------

-----------------McCarthy----------------------------

Cedric------Yoshida------Hoedt-----------Bertrand

----------Romeu--------Hojbjerg--------------------

--Long----------Tadic----------------Boufal

-----------------Austin------------------------------

You've left out the key player in Sunday's improvement.

There are numerous, but unconfirmed, reports that Conte is already out as Chelsea Manager. If true I wonder if that helps or hurts us.

Would be bad IMHO as a new manager might lift them.

Still have a spare ticket in the Itchen block one if anyone is still interested?

I think they haven't won in like 5 or 6 and the PL season is basically over, defensively they look iffy.

I look at this with some hope, but then I look at Willian and Hazard and just can't see them not scoring against us, which means we have to score probably 3 to win and I can't see that happening either.

A draw is probably the best we can hope for, like 1-1, which is not enough.

Tadic is trying to avoid getting a knock before the World Cup. It's bloody obvious the way he is pulling out of tackles. Should be nowhere near the team for the rest of the season. Time for a run for Sims.

Tadic is a p*ssy, a bottle job and a whinging little sh*t and always has been. He’s skillful at times but a luxury player at best. Needs to be dropped in favour of Sims for the rest of the run in.

Mccarthy

Cedric Yoshida Hoedt Bertrand Mcqueen

JWP Hojberg Romeu Tadic

Long

Stick with what got us going last time out. Be organised, put up a fight and hope Chelsea are as lackluster as they have been at times this season.

I feel as thought a win will sort this lot out and they'll suddenly pull out of the nosedive we're in. I can but hope.

Without trying to be overly negative of a youth player, I don't understand why anyone would want Sims in the team for such an important part of the season. Looks so uncertain on the ball and other than one shot against Stoke his conviction looks even worse than our other attackers.

Mccarthy

JWP Hojberg Romeu Tadic

Long

Stick with what got us going last time out. Be organised, put up a fight and hope Chelsea are as lackluster as they have been at times this season.

I feel as thought a win will sort this lot out and they'll suddenly pull out of the nosedive we're in. I can but hope.

Has McQueen recovered from his injury?

Without trying to be overly negative of a youth player, I don't understand why anyone would want Sims in the team for such an important part of the season. Looks so uncertain on the ball and other than one shot against Stoke his conviction looks even worse than our other attackers.
He's struck me as pretty confident but I'd probably agree with having him on the bench.

Only thing i'm optimistic about this Saturday is drinking too many beers. I fear we could get an absolute hiding from this lot. Our current predicament should at least mean there's vocal support for the team, which they really will need.

Pubs will be dry here in Dubai due religious holiday .... so a heavy early doors session at home pre match is in order!!

Not looked lacking in confidence to me. Almost scored against Burnley too but for a superb save by Pope.

Mccarthy

JWP Hojberg Romeu Tadic

Long

If McQueen has recovered from his injury, this is the team that I would go for too