Saints v Chelsea match thread

Heisenberg

Was a good tackle, got the ball, kept his trailing leg out of it. Chelsea player fell over screaming like an opera understudy!

Hoj shouldn't have kicked the ball away though.

Now JWP yellow! Eh?! What about all those hands in faces by Chelsea? Elbow to Long's neck?

Come on ref, open your eyes!

Good half. Once again the defensive approach, trying to counter quickly, has worked like at Arsenal. We sure do look better with Hughes.

Need another score however. As an aside, it looks really strange seeing #35 running around on D. He's doing fine though.

good 45. have to keep this intensity up. Great concentration from everyone so far. Bednarek looking decent in this system
I'll be honest with 3 at the back I struggle to divine who is and isn't playing well. I suppose that's a good sign as you'd notice more if someone was playing badly...they look comfortable and that's a good thing.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

This isn't the Southampton from this season... what has Mark Hughes done to them?? They're fighting, they're passionate, and most importantly, clinical, this isn't the Saints I know at all.

These last 2 games have been enjoyable to watch, hopefully we start getting the results we need/deserve.

We've looked good all season against the top teams but always lost by 1 goal. We've also not won the last 6 times we led 1-0. Absolutely crucial we put an end to both those and get the 3 points today. Chelsea have switched off in the league this season with nothing to play for.

Totally disagree.Chelsea are just a crap team at the moment and we are just holding out.

What ever people want to say, the players are fighting for the shirt - win lose or drawer that’s a big step forward.

If people want to question the importance of confidence just look at the difference that goal made. I’d do anything g for a repeat 45 minutes and 3 points

Totally disagree.Chelsea are just a crap team at the moment and we are just holding out.

We are fighting hard and showing a lot of intensity. Need another goal though and the sitting deep tactic is inviting trouble - I'd be inclined to bring Lemina and Sims on for Bednarek and JWP.