Saints 2 Chelsea 3

St Chalet

First hour was the best performance of the season. Players gave their all, outplayed Chelsea and the formation looked good. I said to the guy next to me “next goals the winner”. Once you give one away at 2-0 you’re always up against it, even more so when you play a top side. They only played for 10/15 minutes, but they’re good enough to beat poor sides in that spell. We played a lot better than West Ham did, but Chelsea missed chance after chance that day. Play like that Thurs and we’ll beat Leicester.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To be fair Mike Dean cost us today with Alonso not being sent off and then not bringing play back for penalty on Long which he later did for Hazard and they scored from freekick

And that free kick should have been re-taken as it was a moving ball and taken from the wrong place.

Lack of concentration for 10 minutes cost us. Especially the first goal which gave Chelsea a way back into it. Great ball in but Yoshida was walking back and never sensed the danger to get the right side of Giroud. As another poster said, cant keep conceding 3 goals and expect to win games. On the plus side we have been more positive going forward the last few games. Thought Bednarek done very well and showed up his fellow centre backs.

And that free kick should have been re-taken as it was a moving ball and taken from the wrong place.

The irony was he pulled them back for not taking it in the right place, only to let them take it from the same (wrong spot) place and possibly when it was still moving.

Then you obviously don't appreciate the dire financial consequences of going down. 50% of backroom staff will be redundant.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I couldn't care less about financial consequences tbh I'd rather have a cup win and if we have to spend 5 years in the lower leagues so be it !

I couldn't care less about financial consequences tbh I'd rather have a cup win and if we have to spend 5 years in the lower leagues so be it !

I agree, win the cup and then I don’t hahve to continue this depressing football club any longer. 40 years of hurt is long enough for me. A cup win and retire happy.

Lack of leadership. At 2-1 you needed someone to grab those players together, calm them down, and settle it down.

There was nothing. We were on the ropes as soon as they got 1 goal, to ship 3 in 8 mins is nothing other than a shocking mentality. We have a bunch of meek and mild fairy’s, built by the awesome Ross Wilson.

Bottom line was as a team we were bloody thick!

Chelsea were taking and trying to take all their free kicks quickly, yet to a man we were snoozing ambling into position.

Once they scored you could see the fragility run through the team like wildfire. Their second goal was like our defence were in the middle of a bad dream where you can't run away from the monster fast enough, except we were hemmed in and no one could put their boot through the ball and get it away.

The upper management of the club should be bloody ashamed of themselves, they have F'd the whole thing up spectacularily - but in reality don't give a tinkers cuss because Football is probably the only business where failure is rewarded by @r$e armouring contracts

Oh look it's Wine o'clock!

You cannot blame referees for our league position. Bad decisions happen, and may well favour the "big" teams, but if Dean had booked Alonso things wouldn't have turned out differently; the moment Giroud came on it was a dead cert that he would score, and our defence would crumble. Even if they had gone down to 10, I would suspect we would still have crumbled.

I'd rather have the chance to win the fa cup than stay up !
Seriously? That beggars belief, you'd rather us lose our premiership status & face years of hardship ?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Lack of leadership. At 2-1 you needed someone to grab those players together, calm them down, and settle it down.

There was nothing. We were on the ropes as soon as they got 1 goal, to ship 3 in 8 mins is nothing other than a shocking mentality. We have a bunch of meek and mild fairy’s, built by the awesome Ross Wilson.

Agreed. Where was our captain? Oh yeah, we sold them

No, as I told him in the reply to his stupid 'respect me' message, he has labelled himself, not anyone on this forum. He is a dickhead of a troll.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I`ve had 3 from the troll too

He seems to be allowed to post on in his trolling style by the powers on here

Seriously? That beggars belief, you'd rather us lose our premiership status & face years of hardship ?

I was still going in league 1 so no matter what "hardship" there is the fans will still be there , the blood suckers milking the club will be the only ones who won't be (I include players and management in that) !

Edited by simo

Ryan Bertrand is not captain material. Couldn't lead a bunch of girl guides. Pathetic gutless player who isn't fit to wear the Saints shirt. Too many chavvy tattoos aswell. Thinks he's some kind of gangsta, but in reality he is a first class pussy

I would also take the chance of the cup and relegation...you have fallen I tot he trap that makes teams play second string teams in an FA CUP quarter final because the premier league is the be all and end all....well it isn't.

It isn't even that great..the football is boring, teams play not to lose, the big 6 roll over everyone else and then if anyone else dares to get close they unsettle the players and off they go.

Sport is actually about winning trophys not about surviving in the premier league.

I would also take the chance of the cup and relegation...you have fallen I tot he trap that makes teams play second string teams in an FA CUP quarter final because the premier league is the be all and end all....well it isn't.

It isn't even that great..the football is boring, teams play not to lose, the big 6 roll over everyone else and then if anyone else dares to get close they unsettle the players and off they go.

Sport is actually about winning trophys not about surviving in the premier league.

What about it cup semi final defeat and relegation?

Amazing times, yeah?

Regardless of people saying our players 'capitulated' and they're not good enough for the squad, I thought we played excellently today. Alonso wasn't sent off, clear red card, but don't think that affected the team other than the fact we would have probably won had that not been the case.

Our team didn't 'give up' at all, they just panicked. First half clearances were generally calm, trying to play the ball and get up the field. Second half, 2-0 up, our defense was panicking, scrambling to get the ball out of our half. It's not so much 'game management' as trying to play with the same cool and calmness when we were winning comfortably.

Only thing I can think that would change that is having 1-2 players in defense/midfield who can bring a level head and leadership to the back. Been sorely missing for some years now.

Real shame. Championship almost nailed on with Huddersfield and Palace winning.

These last two matches were tough, competitive losses to top teams. These past two matches aren't the issue, its all the crap we gave away versus the middle and bottom teams that are killing us. We're not down yet. If we play the same, we can win against any of the next 4 opponents. We still have 12 pts to grab, and IMO 8-9 may do it. I certainly don't want to wait until the last match against Man City to have to get points.

Ryan Bertrand is not captain material. Couldn't lead a bunch of girl guides. Pathetic gutless player who isn't fit to wear the Saints shirt. Too many chavvy tattoos aswell. Thinks he's some kind of gangsta, but in reality he is a first class pussy

He played well today but didn’t rally the troops at 2–1 or 2-2 and was seen having a good laugh with Chelsea players at the final whistle.

Just out of interest, and I'm not trolling here, as I'm genuinely racking my brains, has there ever been a club in the top division who came 8th or above in the top division sacked their manager and got relegated the next season? There probably has, but I can't think of one

As I was saying earlier, Hughes should of freshened up the team once the first Chelsea goal went in.

We had most players on a yellow and so many players backed off.

Lemima for Romeu, Sims for JWP and Austin for Long.

I’ve always believed the best form of defence is attack and with fresh legs Chelsea would not of piled 9 players forward.

Just out of interest, and I'm not trolling here, as I'm genuinely racking my brains, has there ever been a club in the top division who came 8th or above in the top division sacked their manager and got relegated the next season? There probably has, but I can't think of one

Manchester City won the league and then managed to get relegated the following season. Mind you it was a while ago - won the league in 1936/37 and relegated in 1937/38. No idea whether they sacked their manager,

The irony was he pulled them back for not taking it in the right place, only to let them take it from the same (wrong spot) place and possibly when it was still moving.

This complaining about where the kick was taken from is all very feeble though. They took the kick from where the offence (if any) actually occurred but not from where Mike Dean was pointing.

We were naive and got caught out. Instead of the players complaining about the location they should have got back and defended. Does a few yards on the halfway line make any difference when the ball is played out to the wing?

I`ve had 3 from the troll too

He seems to be allowed to post on in his trolling style by the powers on here

You too...! Damn, I'm beginning to feel less unique by the minute - I thought it was only me that he was stalking with IM's. Got yet another one from him today simply saying 'Triggered' (what is that, anybody...? I'm nearly 60 and not really down with the kids, so I'm not sure if I'm meant to feel intimidated by him now). Anyway, I've replied 'nicely' telling him that I still don't respect him.

As I was saying earlier, Hughes should of freshened up the team once the first Chelsea goal went in.

We had most players on a yellow and so many players backed off.

Lemima for Romeu, Sims for JWP and Austin for Long.

I’ve always believed the best form of defence is attack and with fresh legs Chelsea would not of piled 9 players forward.

Yep, I totally agree. (Except for Sims). At 2-1 take the steam out of the game.

And what the f*** were they trying to do for Hazard’s goal. We had 8 players to their 4 and they still gave Hazard time and space to kill the ball and blast it into the net. That’s the trouble with trying to pack the box, the man-marking goes out of the window.

Desperate result today. Cannot believe what happened after all that hard work to get to 2-0.

At least there is some fight in the team, but we are virtually down now.

Despite being an eternal pessimist I still think we may claw our way out of this. It quite often happens that a team who look totally ****ed at this stage claw their way out of it. Poopeylol did it, Fulham did it, Oldham had a nine point deficit with 3 games to go and still feckin stayed up on goal difference. We have to beat Leicester and if we don't it is over. If we can play as we have for most of the last 2 games against weaker opposition we should pick up points. 7 may just be enough. I do admit that like a scarecrow attempting to have a **** I am clutching at straws here.