Saints 2 Chelsea 3

St Chalet

Amen to that. I still think we'll dodge the drop and I'm sick of reading all the 'that's it, we're down, it's all over' losers.

Well, I was hopeful before this game, and especially at 2-0 up, but seeing the capitulation is soul-destroying.

The expectation of relegation is merely self-protection against further hopes being destroyed.

I still hope we stay up, always will until it's mathematically impossible, but...

well, that is why we are going down

you cant be 2-0 up with 20 mins to go, in our position in the league and lose a game.

We are relegated. Hughes has made a positive difference IMO but why no anger towards Les, Ralph and co, I will never know

All season we've been pathetic when leading.

It's worse when they make you hope by actually playing well and leading and then bottling it. Today nailed relegation on.

Bad defending. Poor management not to bother trying to do anything whilst house collapses.

Time to just accept relegation & play more of the u23's

Apart from being spineless, seeing that c**t Bertrand laughing and smiling with the Chelsea players at the end had me throwing stuff at the TV.

We are down - no heart and poor decisions from the Board/recruitment last 2 years have screwed us.

We were excellent to the extent I foolishly thought we'd win when we went 2 0. Then we just crumbled, disintegrated in fact as soon as Giroud came on.

Last time we got relegated from the Prem it was the 2-3 against Villa after being 2 0 up that felt like it was definitely a relegation season, this feels the same.

That's crushing. Will be hard to get the players up after that. Ultimately we're 18th for a reason. 7 times in a row we haven't won from 1-0 up. 5(?) clean sheets all season? Our best CB used to be our 3rd choice that was lambasted on here as a complete liability. Our best DM couldn't get a sniff when Wanyama was still here etc.

Gutted.

For the first hour they did everything right, but that ten minute spell was dreadful.

Bednarek did well for his debut, and Tadic had a great first half .

Will we have the consolation on Monday of the player whio crossed for the first goal being retrospectivly banned. How the **** did Dean pretend he didn't see that !

The result alone is probably not unexpected or surprising. But the manner in which we lost that will be a hammer blow to the players confidence from here on in. Can't see us performing any sort of great escape from this position, we're down.

Not looking forward to next week quite as much now either, could be a case of serious Wembley woes.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Apart from being spineless, seeing that c**t Bertrand laughing and smiling with the Chelsea players at the end had me throwing stuff at the TV.

We are down - no heart and poor decisions from the Board/recruitment last 2 years have screwed us.

Yeah, all the other players were shaking their heads, a couple looked like they were about to bust into tears and Bertie is having a laugh. “See you next season lads....obviously not for these losers, lol”.

Crushing defeat - how often has Giroud broken our hearts over the years. Well played Romeu, Hojbjerg, Bertrand and Long, Tadic first half. I thought Hughes should have made changes earlier, even at 2-0; Tadic had drifted out of the game, Ward-Prowse offering nothing in attack and a liability in defence.

Too much was left to Long to provide any attacking, counter-attacking play as we dropped deeper and deeper in defence resulting in the inevitable collapse.

Gutted.

For the first hour they did everything right, but that ten minute spell was dreadful.

Bednarek did well for his debut, and Tadic had a great first half .

Will we have the consolation on Monday of the player whio crossed for the first goal being retrospectivly banned. How the **** did Dean pretend he didn't see that !

He won't get a ban the big clubs never do !

15 points left to play for. One of those is against Man City so perhaps 12 left. All depends on other results and whether we can keep playing the form of the first 70 and scrape some wins. Starting Thursday. Let's all hope results today are favourable...

Gutless would sum up our fans, team, club and management

A match made in heaven

Our fans are not gutless you dickhead. Why not try visiting a game at some point as opposed to continually slagging everybody else from behind your keyboard.

Edited by Micky

To be fair Bertrand tried his guts out today and provided much of our attacking opportunities along with Tadic (first half) and Long.

Chelsea won that by accident, they looked like they were happy with a loss until Giroud came on and scored. We promptly collapsed and they took the points. You could see it happening just as soon as their first goal went in. We are mentally weak.

Not Sparky's fault, he's turning the ship around hasn't got enough time to save us.

I'd go hail Mary for the rest of the season, Charlie and Shane up front, Gabbi on the bench, Sims on for all remaining games and gut the worthless defence down to 3 CBs. Bertie in left mid. The defence is pointless so why bother. If we go down then at least we go down in a hail of goals.

Sack Reed and Kruger for gross incompetence. This is 100% their fault. If only the chairman could be sacked too. Useless the lot of them.

Last four games: 0-3, 0-3, 2-3, 2-3.

Doesn't matter if it's three, four, five, six at the back - our defence is horrible. Top of the league now in goals conceded from headers: and Ducker Stephens wasn't even playing.

Reminder: in the last year Les has sold both of our starting centre backs for £80m or so combined, and replaced them with our third and fourth choice centre backs and a chap from Lazio reserves for £15m.

Great business model on the spreadsheet, but relegation whilst making a tidy profit is a depressingly soulless approach to running a football club.

Sad. Today isn't why we're going down - we gave a good account of ourselves for 70 minutes. The rot set in a long time ago.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Our fans are not gutless you dickhead. Why not try visiting a game at some point as opposed to continually slagging everybody else from behind your keyboard.

£330 million of player sales since Les took over "everything", despite all the premier league riches.... Not a single protest at our "management"

Name me another club that would allow star players to be sold over n over n over without compliant and I'll retract my statement.

To be fair Bertrand tried his guts out today and provided much of our attacking opportunities along with Tadic (first half) and Long.
It was in stark contrast to most of his performances this season. Perhaps he heard about Newcastle being interested and realised he needed to step up his game to get back on the radar of some decent clubs.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Absolutely gutted. But the ref was a joke. Should have been 1 and maybe two red cards for Chelsea, and the free kick for their first goal was frankly an utter joke. Yeah, we can't defend, but Mike Dean is total cock jockey.

Also the atmosphere and support inside the ground was superb given the anger that should be vented at the board. And I think gao was there today as well? Couldn't see any bald pillocks sat in the directors box. Have my dreams come true and less Reed has been sacked?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk