The legacy of Kat, Ralph and Reed

Daft Kerplunk

Kat sold the club for her own gain, didn’t invest, failed to take the club to the next level with the sale to Gao.

Ralph seemed to have a good initial impact but has since gone missing.

Les took credit for a large amount of work done by others, has overseen the decline of the first team and academy.

And where are they today? Where are the interviews? They need to stand up and accept responsibility. Absolute shambles. Believed their own hype. Arrogant. Regardless of whether we stay up this year or not, they have failed Southampton FC, the fans and the city.

The reasons why Kat sold the club do not matter. She was entitled to cash in. What DOES matter is the method behind it.

Lets not pretend we kept VvD to make a stand against Liverpool, we kept him him to push through the sale (Massive sale-able asset around the place and all that)

And who she sold to, I dont think should be forgiven. All the guff about the best intentions etc was just pure spin.

One thing we did get good at under Ralph and Les was spin. We spin the **** out of everything. Amazing how we hated almost every player that left.

we willingly sold so much worth of talent in such a short space of time. Here is the result

Edited by Batman

Kat sold the club for her own gain, didn’t invest, failed to take the club to the next level with the sale to Gao.

Ralph seemed to have a good initial impact but has since gone missing.

Les took credit for a large amount of work done by others, has overseen the decline of the first team and academy.

And where are they today? Where are the interviews? They need to stand up and accept responsibility. Absolute shambles. Believed their own hype. Arrogant. Regardless of whether we stay up this year or not, they have failed Southampton FC, the fans and the city.

Katharina Leibherr can do what the fu ck she likes and doesn't owe you anything.

Well at least they have all made a mint while we have been plowing our hard earned money into the club !
If you think your hard earned money signed Billy Sharpe or Fonte, or your hard earned money was spunked on the Training Ground then crack on.

If we were relying on just everyone's hard earned money from 2009 then we might well still be in League One.

If you think your hard earned money signed Billy Sharpe or Fonte, or your hard earned money was spunked on the Training Ground then crack on.

If we were relying on just everyone's hard earned money from 2009 then we might well still be in League One.

Get your head out of your arse, do you think the owner stumped up for it out of her own pocket? No she paid herself back as soon as she could once her dad had died by selling all the family silver, last season alone we made over 100m from just the TV money !

Glad you care about Saints then. Pompey wind up
I care about Saints sunshine. What I don't do is act like a whining blubbering man-baby.

Show a bit if gratitude at the good fortune we had to have the Leibherr money and what that did and has done for for us. Markus's daughter owes you nothing. And being that you are an excellent example of the self-entitled grizzling toddler football fan I don't blame her for a second on trying to get the hell out of it.

While you pompously chat sh it about how the city has been damaged, just think about cities like Sheffield and Derby and Bristol and Leeds and Sunderland and Coventry and Nottingham that just about manage to get up in the morning with no Premier League football cub. Our brilliant city will also survive but not with the snivelling wet blankets like you representing it.

Try manning the fu ck up.

Edited by CB Fry

Get your head out of your arse, do you think the owner stumped up for it out of her own pocket? No she paid herself back as soon as she could once her dad had died by selling all the family silver, last season alone we made over 100m from just the TV money !
No I don't. You're the one claiming it was your hard earned money.

It wasn't your hard earned money sweetheart.

No I don't. You're the one claiming it was your hard earned money.It wasn't your hard earned money sweetheart.
Do you have problems with reading nipper ? Where have I said it was all down to fans money ? You just make things up to suit your agenda not one part of my comment is wrong , they have gotten rich while us fans have continued to plow our money into the club while each season the profits have gone up as have ticket prices ! Edited by simo

Do you have problems with reading nipper ? Where have I said it was all down to fans money ? You just make things up to suit your agenda not one part of my comment is wrong , they have gotten rich while us fans have continued to plow our money into the club while each season the profits have gone up as have ticket prices !

They were rich before. They spent money to get us in the Premier League in the first place.

They are not obliged to keep spending and spending because you want them to.

Match day income is a small proportion of income.

Club didn't get where it is because of fans money, it got through speculation funded by a billionaire.

If you don't want to buy tickets, don't.

If we go down and Gao sods off then we can go back to being entirely funded by fans hard-earned cash. We'll see how long you can stomach that.

They were rich before. They spent money to get us in the Premier League in the first place.

They are not obliged to keep spending and spending because you want them to.

Match day income is a small proportion of income.

Club didn't get where it is because of fans money, it got through speculation funded by a billionaire.

If you don't want to buy tickets, don't.

If we go down and Gao sods off then we can go back to being entirely funded by fans hard-earned cash. We'll see how long you can stomach that.

Did I miss the part where Kat was instrumental in our rise to the premier league ? This isn't about Markus (his legacy will always be intact) this about Kat, Reed and Ralph and how they have ground us into the dirt since they realised they can make a massive profit in selling players and replacing them with inferior ones !

As I have said TV and prize money alone was over 100m last season that's without players sales , sponsorship and match day income ! What part of that is hard for you to understand? I don't think any other owner in the premier league has taken as much money out of the club as ours has , but correct me if I'm wrong !?

CB Fry defending the muppets that got us into this mess shocker. Just waiting for him to blame it all on Cortese...
I'm just defending the idea that Katharina owes any fans anything that's all.

Not defending Reed or Ralph. Sorry to disappoint you.

Did I miss the part where Kat was instrumental in our rise to the premier league ? This isn't about Markus (his legacy will always be intact) this about Kat, Reed and Ralph and how they have ground us into the dirt since they realised they can make a massive profit in selling players and replacing them with inferior ones !

As I have said TV and prize money alone was over 100m last season that's without players sales , sponsorship and match day income ! What part of that is hard for you to understand? I don't think any other owner in the premier league has taken as much money out of the club as ours has , but correct me if I'm wrong !?

You realise the old man was dead while we were still in League One, right?

You don't know what has been "taken out", you're just chatting sh it.

I'm just defending the idea that Katharina owes any fans anything that's all.

Not defending Reed or Ralph. Sorry to disappoint you.

She owed us in the sense she should have been more considerate in who she sold us to. It's her money she can do what she wants. But she sold us to a bunch of criminals and she knew that. Thus she is scum in my book. She doesn't give a **** about us or the club and the sooner people understand that the better.

You realise the old man was dead while we were still in League One, right?

You don't know what has been "taken out", you're just chatting sh it.

The only one chatting **** here is you mush , I don't know the exact figure buy i know it's a hell of a lot more than she has put in ! Are you trying to say she had anything to do with our promotions (buying Fonte and Sharp) ? Because she never .

The only one chatting **** here is you mush , I don't know the exact figure buy i know it's a hell of a lot more than she has put in ! Are you trying to say she had anything to do with our promotions (buying Fonte and Sharp) ? Because she never .

Pardew bought Fonte with Leibherr money (not fan's hard earned cash as you seem to think) and Katharina was there after Markus's death and was there when we hit the highest heights we have hit for thirty odd years and one of the most sustained periods of top flight success we've ever had. I know that hurts you so bad but it's true. It's wonderfully, deliciously true. Thank you Katharina, thank you.

I said we'd miss her when she went and we will but the dinlows all thought someone else was coming in to spend spend spend spend us to the Champions League. Guess what, the luck run out and maybe "fat Kat" wasn't so bad after all.

If she made a profit from selling us then she's allowed to do that.

And why should anyone put money in - we're going to be sustained by the fans hard earned cash right? That's what you want. Good luck with it.

Edited by CB Fry

Pardew bought Fonte with Leibherr money (not fan's hard earned cash as you seem to think) and Katharina was there after Markus's death and was there when we hit the highest heights we have hit for thirty odd years and one of the most sustained periods of top flight success we've ever had. I know that hurts you so bad but it's true. It's wonderfully, deliciously true. Thank you Katharina, thank you.

I said we'd miss her when she went and we will but the dinlows all thought someone else was coming in to spend spend spend spend us to the Champions League. Guess what, the luck run out and maybe "fat Kat" wasn't so bad after all.

And why should anyone out money in - we're going to be sustained by the fans hard earned cash right? That's what you want. Good luck with it.

We will miss her largely due to what she decided to sell us to

And why should anyone out money in - we're going to be sustained by the fans hard earned cash right? That's what you want. Good luck with it.

God you really are dull aren't you it's like trying to argue with a child , as soon as she came to the club she disposed of the guy who built the success and started selling our players to make the money back for the training ground ! She had sod all to do with our rise and success , And yet again where do I say fans money brought Fonte etc ? No where but your imagination! Today you have just made it onto my ignore list well done it takes a real Tard to get there .

God you really are dull aren't you it's like trying to argue with a child , as soon as she came to the club she disposed of the guy who built the success and started selling our players to make the money back for the training ground ! She had sod all to do with our rise and success , And yet again where do I say fans money brought Fonte etc ? No where but your imagination! Today you have just made it onto my ignore list well done it takes a real Tard to get there .

'As soon as she came to the club'.

Cortese left in 2014, she inherited the club in 2010. She allowed the continuation of the Staplewood redevelopment, she could have pulled the plug on all of that in L1 if she wished.

You're right. She loaned the club some money so that her investment could be nurtured. She's been repaid those loans and sold the club at a good profit, while selling all our best players along the way so that we could be self financed. Do that and the Championship is about where you should be unfortunately. Its the way that football has gone. She was clever though as the old maxim - "How do you make a small fortune in football? Start with a big one." - doesn't apply to her.

Cortese left in 2014, she inherited the club in 2010. She allowed the continuation of the Staplewood redevelopment, she could have pulled the plug on all of that in L1 if she wished.

Wasn’t the club in probate for a very long period when the old boy died? Where she didn’t have control/full control at all?

Can’t remember but there was someone on here explaining how the law would work in this case.

Edited by Batman

7th, 6th, 8th, a cup final and two European campaigns suggests you haven't got a clue.

Why shouldn't they try and balance the books? Funny how fan's money is "hard earned" and oh-so-precious but the owner should just pi ss money away and write it all off just to satisfy the demands of a few dins from Bitterne and Shirley because they just want it spent spent spent spent. Guess what - it don't work like that.

Well she's on her way out so everything should be just dandy from now on.

Wasn’t the club in probate for a very long period when the old boy died? Where she didn’t have control/full control at all?

Can’t remember but there was someone on here explaining how the law would work in this case.

She didn't install herself as chairman until 2014 after Cortese quit due to her meddling in her father's plan .

Edited by simo

That’s the point, it’s not because she’s flogged us to a bunch of Chinese criminals without a thought for the future of our club at all. That’s why she’s just a greedy fat **** in my opinion.

7th, 6th, 8th, a cup final and two European campaigns suggests you haven't got a clue.

Why shouldn't they try and balance the books? Funny how fan's money is "hard earned" and oh-so-precious but the owner should just pi ss money away and write it all off just to satisfy the demands of a few dins from Bitterne and Shirley because they just want it spent spent spent spent. Guess what - it don't work like that.

Usually agree with you.

No right to expect her to put her own money into the club, as you say. Fair to expect her to sell to someone legitimate, and half sensible though? It’s not as though the club didn’t serve her family well, and provide them with some good times to be honest. I do genuinely wonder how she feels, if she is checking the table tonight.

We will find out what the Goa’s are about fairly shortly.

Usually agree with you.

No right to expect her to put her own money into the club, as you say. Fair to expect her to sell to someone legitimate, and half sensible though? It’s not as though the club didn’t serve her family well, and provide them with some good times to be honest. I do genuinely wonder how she feels, if she is checking the table tonight.

We will find out what the Goa’s are about fairly shortly.

I agree - I would have preferred her to sell to someone else because this guy looked dodgy from the start. But probably also the case that there weren't loads of options.

A premier league club, especially one like ours with essentially zero headroom to really grow is not much of a catch. We're not going to become a global mega brand so is really not a great investment opportunity (see comment earlier about "how do you make a small fortune in football...?").

The chance of us finding someone who just wanted to spend spend with no actual return - not likely.

We had no right to expect the Leibherr family to be there forever and she just wanted out. She's allowed to.

I find it very unlikely that I'll ever defend the Gao family like I would defend the Leibherr family.

I don't agree with C.B. Fry's attitude attitude that an owner can do wtf he or she likes with a football club. Only someoe who has no piride or any real interest in his football club would talk like that. It is a privelege to be in charge of a club which represents a community, and most owners feel a sense of responsibility to the fans whose club they are entrusted with. Instead, she has made more money out of this football club than just about any other owner in the history of football and even the mainstream media are now begining to use the term asset-stripping to describe what she has done. Her father was a different matter and I have total respect for what he did for us. He earned it.

I don't agree with C.B. Fry's attitude attitude that an owner can do wtf he or she likes with a football club. Only someoe who has no piride or any real interest in his football club would talk like that. It is a privelege to be in charge of a club which represents a community, and most owners feel a sense of responsibility to the fans whose club they are entrusted with. Instead, she has made more money out of this football club than just about any other owner in the history of football and even the mainstream media are now begining to use the term asset-stripping to describe what she has done. Her father was a different matter and I have total respect for what he did for us. He earned it.

Spot on.

Just remind me of an individual who has been responsible for putting more in than she has.

Happy to wait.

Just remind me of an individual who has been responsible for putting more in than she has.

Happy to wait.

She has not put anything into the club. She loaned the club money with the condition of paying 5% interest. Which she took back from the club before the sale to Gao.

I agree - I would have preferred her to sell to someone else because this guy looked dodgy from the start. But probably also the case that there weren't loads of options.

A premier league club, especially one like ours with essentially zero headroom to really grow is not much of a catch. We're not going to become a global mega brand so is really not a great investment opportunity (see comment earlier about "how do you make a small fortune in football...?").

The chance of us finding someone who just wanted to spend spend with no actual return - not likely.

We had no right to expect the Leibherr family to be there forever and she just wanted out. She's allowed to.

I find it very unlikely that I'll ever defend the Gao family like I would defend the Leibherr family.

Undoubtedly, someone of both sound mind, and an honourable business motive would have probably paid her less for it. I’m too soft for some, but I would bet that she is genuinely regretting it, or will be as the Gao’s begin to optimise their new found situation.

Gutted!

She has not put anything into the club. She loaned the club money with the condition of paying 5% interest. Which she took back from the club before the sale to Gao.
That money wouldn't have come in without her there. She facilitated the investment. More than any other individual in the history of the club. And it went on infrastructure and players and youth development and the Training Ground and promotion and 8th, 7th, 6th, 8th, a cup final and two European campaigns.

But hey, she's greedy and horrible and everything. And the fans still moaned and giped and complained and whinged.

The fans aren't greedy ungrateful pri cks though.

Let's see what we get next now the horrible person is going.

That money wouldn't have come in without her there. She facilitated the investment. More than any other individual in the history of the club. And it went on infrastructure and players and youth development and the Training Ground and promotion and 8th, 7th, 6th, 8th, a cup final and two European campaigns.

But hey, she's greedy and horrible and everything.

The fans aren't greedy ungrateful pri cks though.

With all due respect I think you don't know what you are talking about.

She LOANED the club money. This MONEY was on condition that is was paid back with interest.

The loan went on improving the clubs facilities which increased the value of the asset. So not only did she get the loan + interest back she also benefited from the assets being included in the sale.

Thus as stated she didn't put a penny of her own money into the club. That would have been if she did it interest free or didn't expect it to be paid back at all. Which is what most owners do.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying but Kat really has ****ed us over. As you mention there were unlikely many options for her to sell as nobody seemed interested. So she sold us to the only serious buyer. The first one that came along regardless of who they were.

For me that will be her legacy. She is entitled to do whatever she wanted with her club, sell to whoever she wants. But by doing so she showed little care for the future of the club, the fans who follow it etc. She put herself and her wallet ahead of that. The fact she pushed the PL hard to accept Gao after his initial rejection shows she only wanted the money. She spun a lot of lies in trying to justify the sale whilst keeping her image of 'responsible guardian' in tact. That image is in tatters.

People complain a lot about mercenaries who are only in it for the money. How they will move onto something else with their pockets lined whilst the fans are the ones who remain and pick up the pieces. Kat is no different.

I have huge respect for her father and the team he brought in. They genuinely seemed to care. History will remember them well. How will it remember Kat, Les and co? That we got a few top 8 finishes? Or that they were responsible for the decisions that lead us to where we are now and the direction we seem to be heading in?

With all due respect I think you don't know what you are talking about.

She LOANED the club money. This MONEY was on condition that is was paid back with interest.

The loan went on improving the clubs facilities which increased the value of the asset. So not only did she get the loan + interest back she also benefited from the assets being included in the sale.

Thus as stated she didn't put a penny of her own money into the club. That would have been if she did it interest free or didn't expect it to be paid back at all. Which is what most owners do.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying but Kat really has ****ed us over. As you mention there were unlikely many options for her to sell as nobody seemed interested. So she sold us to the only serious buyer. The first one that came along regardless of who they were.

For me that will be her legacy. She is entitled to do whatever she wanted with her club, sell to whoever she wants. But by doing so she showed little care for the future of the club, the fans who follow it etc. She put herself and her wallet ahead of that. The fact she pushed the PL hard to accept Gao after his initial rejection shows she only wanted the money. She spun a lot of lies in trying to justify the sale whilst keeping her image of 'responsible guardian' in tact. That image is in tatters.

People complain a lot about mercenaries who are only in it for the money. How they will move onto something else with their pockets lined whilst the fans are the ones who remain and pick up the pieces. Kat is no different.

I have huge respect for her father and the team he brought in. They genuinely seemed to care. History will remember them well. How will it remember Kat, Les and co? That we got a few top 8 finishes? Or that they were responsible for the decisions that lead us to where we are now and the direction we seem to be heading in?

Most owners put their own money into clubs and expect nothing back? Most owners? Fenway Sports is a little old charity is it? Glazers did it from the kindness of their hearts? Even Chelsea are running a tight ship these days.

And I don't know what I'm talking about. Okay then.

Just that one sentence sums up the utter selfish "but why don't they spend spend spend spend because I want them to" attitude of the idiot football fan.

Put it this way - the Matt Le Tissier consortium would not have unlocked the investment in all the things I've talked about.

And nice you toss off "a few top eight finishes" like it's nothing for massive old Southampton. Well, I'm forty, don't remember the Lawrie years so that's as good as it has ever got in my Saints life.

But yeah, she's greedy. She's the greedy one.

as she leaves, her legacy will be heavily tarnished with a completely self inflicted relegation. Partly due to her sale of the club to a lunatic
She's certainly implicated in that. One of the most avoidable relegations in the last decade.

No she did not. She did not get to control the club until the Probate process was completed. Almost as soon as she got control she showed Cortese the door. Poch followed. She was not in control when we rose through the Championship and for the first 2 seasons back in the PL.

Most owners put their own money into clubs and expect nothing back? Most owners? Fenway Sports is a little old charity is it? Glazers did it from the kindness of their hearts? Even Chelsea are running a tight ship these days.

And I don't know what I'm talking about. Okay then.

Just that one sentence sums up the utter selfish "but why don't they spend spend spend spend because I want them to" attitude of the idiot football fan.

Put it this way - the Matt Le Tissier consortium would not have unlocked the investment in all the things I've talked about.

And nice you toss off "a few top eight finishes" like it's nothing for massive old Southampton. Well, I'm forty, don't remember the Lawrie years so that's as good as it has ever got in my Saints life.

But yeah, she's greedy. She's the greedy one.

Fenway Sports loaned Liverpool money at 1%. That interest actually goes to paying back the banks and not Fenway themselves. They don't financially gain from the loan. They do however gain from the increased valuation of assets that the loan was spent on. Also didn't they write off a £70m loan?

As for Man Utd I haven't got a clue about their finances and don't really care. But if you google football owners writes off debts I'm sure your find a whole load of them.

In regards to the I want the club to spend, spend, spend thing I don't think nor believe that at all. Spending money for the sake of spending money is wrong. You have to live within your means. But when you look at our club and where that money is going you have to wonder what's going on? £50k a week for an inexperienced player like Stephens? New contracts being handed out even though they are not deserved? Is the club on a safe financial footing or is it relying on a strategy of player sales?

The high finishes were great and showed that a club our size could compete. Look at Leicester winning it. But for me those finishes will mean little if we go down, are in financial trouble and in the wilderness for a very longtime like other clubs have.

Simply because they could and should have been avoided. They came about because of the people in charge of the club totally ****ing up. And Kat was involved in those decisions.