Other games thread

OttawaSaint

Well and truly fecked now.....

not understand? surely we need stoke to win this to have a chance of catching west ham?

if west ham win, we can finish above stoke, but will probably not catch west ham

if stoke win, we still have a chance to finish above both of them, and our chances of finishing above stoke are not much worse than they were before.

we need to finish above three teams, west brom + 2 others. the more teams in the mix, the better. watching stoke lose every game does not help us finish above the others.

also, if everything falls right, with stoke and Swansea playing each other on the final day, we can guarantee one or both of them will drop points in the final game.

not understand? surely we need stoke to win this to have a chance of catching west ham?

if west ham win, we can finish above stoke, but will probably not catch west ham

if stoke win, we still have a chance to finish above both of them, and our chances of finishing above stoke are not much worse than they were before.

we need to finish above three teams, west brom + 2 others. the more teams in the mix, the better. watching stoke lose every game does not help us finish above the others.

also, if everything falls right, with stoke and Swansea playing each other on the final day, we can guarantee one or both of them will drop points in the final game.

*needed.

the positive spin on the draw - 4 points dropped in total (2 for stoke, 2 for west ham), as opposed to only 3 points dropped with a winner.

I think our best prospect (albeit slim) is to finish above Stoke and Swansea !

Chances of catching the rest is pretty remote IMO !

I think our best prospect (albeit slim) is to finish above Stoke and Swansea !

Chances of catching the rest is pretty remote IMO !

Our nightmare scenario is being 3 pts behind both Swansea and Stoke before the last game so, no matter what we do against City, they can mutually agreed a carefully played-out draw to guarantee they both stay up.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Our nightmare scenario is being 3 pts behind both Swansea and Stoke before the last game so, no matter what we do against City, they can mutually agreed a carefully played-out draw to guarantee they both stay up.

That would need another team to fall below all three of us, so both Stoke and Swansea are out of the bottom 3.

If we are 3 points from safety come final day we are down anyway.

Nightmare scenario would be we are 1 point above both of them come final day with a slightly better goal difference, they play out a draw and Man City puts 5 past us.

West Ham are 7 points better off with 5 games remaining with a better goal difference, them drawing is hardly dragging them back in it. I doubt they swap places.

Also Stoke drawing gives them a chance of a last ditch escape at our expense, I think a West Ham win would've been better for us. The 6 teams above and below all got at least a point this weekend, it couldn't get any worse.

If we are 3 points from safety come final day we are down anyway.

Nightmare scenario would be we are 1 point above both of them come final day with a slightly better goal difference, they play out a draw and Man City puts 5 past us.

That's pretty bad too. [emoji852]️

Or we end up being relegated due to a blatant hand ball.

Yes, we've been ****, had plenty of chances to make that handball meaningless and deserve to go down but who knows what a nice 3pts and away win would have done for our confidence at that stage in the season. We'll never know.

Or we end up being relegated due to a blatant hand ball.

Yes, we've been ****, had plenty of chances to make that handball meaningless and deserve to go down but who knows what a nice 3pts and away win would have done for our confidence at that stage in the season. We'll never know.

Jesus wept.

Jesus wept.

So what's wrong with my comment?

I recognize that we won't have been relegated by one incident but it might have changed the course of the rest of the season. Back in the 80s we were on a horrible run (20ish games without a win in league and cup) and got a last minute penalty vs Newcastle. Ruddock dispatched it and we were a different side in games after that. Had Ruddock missed, I'm not so sure we'd have survived that year.

You just know Brighton are going to sneak it tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spurs never, ever do us a favour. Detest them almost as much as Liverpool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can see it standing out a mile.

On the one occasion you want them to win... and they won't.

(Bit like when Man U played skates in the QF of the cup a few years ago. Hated them even more after they cocked that up).

Been excellent tonight.

Always excellent. Some right weirdo’s on here who at one point wanted jack cork in ahead of him because “he (VW) can’t pass” :lol:

Arguably the biggest loss to us out of the lot.

So what's wrong with my comment?

I recognize that we won't have been relegated by one incident but it might have changed the course of the rest of the season. Back in the 80s we were on a horrible run (20ish games without a win in league and cup) and got a last minute penalty vs Newcastle. Ruddock dispatched it and we were a different side in games after that. Had Ruddock missed, I'm not so sure we'd have survived that year.

Still under the belief that Chelsea didn’t care about the 3 points Saturday and that it was just to ‘get in our heads’. Perhaps that’s why Tottenham have been poor tonight.

Still under the belief that Chelsea didn’t care about the 3 points Saturday and that it was just to ‘get in our heads’. Perhaps that’s why Tottenham have been poor tonight.

Didn't say they didn't care just that they cared more about beating us then they would another team. They won't be catching Spurs.

Anyway, this new comment has nothing to do with that but you know that, you just get off on insulting and trying to bully people. You don't scare me, I couldn't give a **** what you think or say.

Didn't say they didn't care just that they cared more about beating us then they would another team. They won't be catching Spurs.

anyway, this new comment has nothing to do with that cut you know that, you just get off on insulting and trying to bully people. You don't scare me, I couldn't give a **** what you think or say.

:lol: :lol:

It was/is utter f ucking nonsense mate. I’m not trying to “bully” anyone, just find it amazing people come out and believe utter sh!te such as that.

Always excellent. Some right weirdo’s on here who at one point wanted jack cork in ahead of him because “he (VW) can’t pass” :lol:

Arguably the biggest loss to us out of the lot.

At that stage, Cork was playing well, was extremely consistent and Wanyama was up and down, including regularly giving the ball away in dangerous areas in central midfield. Why are those people 'right weirdos'?

By the way, 'right weirdos' doesn't need the apostrophe unless they're possessing anything.

At that stage, Cork was playing well, was extremely consistent and Wanyama was up and down, including regularly giving the ball away in dangerous areas in central midfield. Why are those people 'right weirdos'?

By the way, 'right weirdos' doesn't need the apostrophe unless they're possessing anything.

Rubbish. Many got on his back at any given opportunity. Jack Cork was always everyone’s fan boy, despite being pretty average.

VW was only relatively poor in his last season, by which time Cork had been sold.

Spurs have been dire tonight. This point is Brighton safe. Essential for them given the run in they have. Just about the final nail in our coffin

It was always a concern now City have sown up the title.

Spurs are playing for what? 2nd, 3rd, 4th is essentially the same prize.

Its not like when Spurs were hunting down Lester and were irresistible.

They didn't NEED to win tonight - hence they are not.

:lol: :lol:

It was/is utter f ucking nonsense mate. I’m not trying to “bully” anyone, just find it amazing people come out and believe utter sh!te such as that.

Lol. You are the fcking plum who spouts sh1te. Got over how much you spent following the club yet and not being suitably entertained. As well as wanting us to lose cup games #hardcore

It was always a concern now City have sown up the title.

Spurs are playing for what? 2nd, 3rd, 4th is essentially the same prize.

Its not like when Spurs were hunting down Lester and were irresistible.

They didn't NEED to win tonight - hence they are not.

chelsea and arsenal didn't need wins either. both knew had next to no chance of making top 4. oh wait. 0 points.

Lol. You are the fcking plum who spouts sh1te. Got over how much you spent following the club yet and not being suitably entertained. As well as wanting us to lose cup games #hardcore

Imagine we’d lost against Fulham and sacked MP. If only aye.