Would you keep Hughes for the Championship (assuming he'll stay and we go down)?

kwsaint

Think Gao will be looking to recoup £50m and anything more to invest back into the squad. Assume we will get £90m from Berty, Gabbiadini, Tadic, Targett, cedric, Boufal, JWP and Lemina that gives a budget of £40m. Issue is that leaves something like this

Gk : Forster McC - decent

Df : Valery, Bednatek, Stephens, Yoshi, McQueen - lg 1

Mid: Rom, Claise,Redmond, Simms, Davis, Reed - mid champ

Fwd: Long, Austin, donkey, Gallagher - decent

Would £40m get that defence and mid up to top 6 standard ??? - you would need a very strong window.

It’s that questionable part of it that baffles me when people have a pop for daring having a pop at Kat.

See, I never saw Kat selling us up the river. I always trusted that she had the right intentions and whoever took us on would be for the best.

I'm currently not too sure on that, the next 6 months will tell all.

See, I never saw Kat selling us up the river. I always trusted that she had the right intentions and whoever took us on would be for the best.

I'm currently not too sure on that, the next 6 months will tell all.

I think we will know come shutting if the summer window. Newcastle went down and largely kept their squad and signed a player from the 1st team of a decent prem club. They also kept Rafa (which was huge in itself)

West Ham who went up with us had a very strong set up and also added through the season.

We will know come sept 1st. Even if it is obviously bleak, the cheer leaders on here and the uglies will be telling us otherwise.

I think we will know come shutting if the summer window. Newcastle went down and largely kept their squad and signed a player from the 1st team of a decent prem club. They also kept Rafa (which was huge in itself)

West Ham who went up with us had a very strong set up and also added through the season.

We will know come sept 1st. Even if it is obviously bleak, the cheer leaders on here and the uglies will be telling us otherwise.

We should have money in the bank, even ignoring the parachute payments. So we should be set for a Newcastle like scenario but nobody really knows.

And, of course, having the money and the players may not be enough as we discovered with Burley.

Needs to be part of the transfer committee that says who leaves and who stays.

If not then what’s the point as Reed and co have no ****ing idea.

The manager has always had a huge input into signings and the club have made no secret of that.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

Given that we still have a decent $$ incoming pending from the world record fee for a CB, and we'll likely recoup at least £50m from sales this summer and lose those wages, then whoever the manager is should be given the opportunity to build a new team all over the pitch.

If he isn't then I'm done with this club.

Pretty much sums up how I’m feeling as well. Saints fan, yes, supporting someone else’s attempt to take money out of the Far East, no. Won’t support another club but more rugby and cricket instead.

Pretty much sums up how I’m feeling as well. Saints fan, yes, supporting someone else’s attempt to take money out of the Far East, no. Won’t support another club but more rugby and cricket instead.

Same here. I’m not putting another penny into the club until the owners at least have the decency to explain their reason for buying the club and what their plans are.

It's too early to tell whether I would want him to stay. We have played better but we let in three goals every time, this is what happened to Stoke who have a goal difference of -33 He will become the first manager to relegate two teams in one season so I am n ot at all sure

Not if we want points. He's averaged 0 points and 3 goals conceded per game so far. Even Pellegrino was doing better than that. I wanted Paul Cook appointed instead of Hughes to keep us up this season and I still would prefer him to Hughes next season to get us promoted. We want a manager with a recent record of success, not recent failures like Hughes and Pardew.

How the hell can you use our last four games against MH? He has the players left to him and from what I have seen the team has improved a good bit. We were unlucky against Chelsea and deserved much more. The Bournemouth game for me is his moment of truth and I firmly believe we will win against them.

yes, mainly because I don't trust Reed and co to find anyone better. If we are going to bounce back up we are going to need a strong manager and Hughes at least has the experience, and there will be a little bit of stability - he will have a slightly better idea about who to keep and who to get shot of than someone brought in over the summer.

I don't know whether MH would relish a painful rebuilding process in a lower league (in the unlikely event we are relegated). He may well sit it out and wait for a PL club to approach him after the end of the season, while improving his golf handicap. Long gone are the days of Bates and Lawrie Mac, Wenger / Fergie aside managerial longevity, especially in the PL, is a thing of the past. Just because his Stoke tenure ended badly dosen't make him a poor manager (Stoke FFS) - all mangers are sacked at some point. IMO if he wants the job give him a decent chance. He gave all as a player and he will as a manager. He can't be judged fairly on 5 games in charge of a very poor squad of players.