Leicester 3 - ? Saints - Build Up

Lighthouse

I think this wont even be a battling defeat. Unless we are winning within the first 10-15 mins, it will be a standard win for Leicester.

The gap is too big, players are going to leave and they will want to protect themselves if they are in with a shout of the world cup

I think that most sides know that we've had the stuffing knocked or of us now and have a pretty soft underbelly. An early goal against us is likely to mean a capitulation. On the flip side, what's the chances of our defence keeping it tight and us nicking it at the death, highly unlikely.

We are fast becoming whipping boys, and if we start bad in this one I can see Vardy having a field day. Most likely, another plucky defeat.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Our record up there isn’t great which doesn’t give me hope, they absolutely battered us at St Mary’s as well, just got to cross our fingers that Puel does us a favour. Don’t think there will be many of us up there on Thursday night, would be a good reward for the traveling fans to finally get some points.

Our record up there isn’t great which doesn’t give me hope, they absolutely battered us at St Mary’s as well, just got to cross our fingers that Puel does us a favour. Don’t think there will be many of us up there on Thursday night, would be a good reward for the traveling fans to finally get some points.

Think we've sold about a thousand so far, can't see too many more flying off the shelves now but, tbf, that's about a thousand more than I thought we'd have all things considered.

Here we go again.

Leicester not really in very good form. A bit like Chelsea... and Arsenal... and West Ham.

Same team for me but with Austin or Gabbi in for Long.

Long dropped? Have I missed something and he's injured? (Have been traveling since yesterday lunchtime so this is possible)

I thought Long was brilliant v both Arsenal and Chelsea, constantly running and harassing their defence and creating chances for us going forward. We need players like him in a relegation battle if we are to stand a chance - players who play with passion, determination and give 100%. Where Gabbi and Austin are more intelligent players and better finishers, Long will help to create more opportunities for us and the other two just don't run or work as hard.

Here we go again.

Leicester not really in very good form. A bit like Chelsea... and Arsenal... and West Ham.

Same team for me but with Austin or Gabbi in for Long.

No way Austin or Gabbiadini should start ahead of Long.

Same team. They're at least playing together and look a goal threat. Still worried about the defence, though.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

No chance, Leicester are an ugly team to play against at the best of times. Our style of football seems to work best against high pressing, good passing teams that leave space for us to flatter but deceive. Invariably we end up losing. We're useless against high energy, long ball, physical sides. Invariably we end up losing.

That's why we've won 1 in 20 and why we were dead and buried long ago.

Most likely 3-1 loss. Start brightly score, rollover.

Personally hope he rings the changes and brings in youngsters.

that would be ridiculous. This is our last chance saloon, to put kids in mad but also a fruitless exercise, if they were good enough they would be playing already. Their team is doing no good either

At this point in the season Leicester are exactly the sort of team any team that needs points, it highly motivated, and hungry to survive in the top flight, would want to play as they have effectively nothing to play for.

However as Saints seem to have none of those attributes and are now a bunch of overpaid, under performing journeymen who will hopefully move on soon, I would expect a 4-1 defeat.

The writing has been on the wall for so long.

Scandalous really

Long dropped? Have I missed something and he's injured? (Have been traveling since yesterday lunchtime so this is possible)

I thought Long was brilliant v both Arsenal and Chelsea, constantly running and harassing their defence and creating chances for us going forward. We need players like him in a relegation battle if we are to stand a chance - players who play with passion, determination and give 100%. Where Gabbi and Austin are more intelligent players and better finishers, Long will help to create more opportunities for us and the other two just don't run or work as hard.

Two reasons. First he just went 90+ on Saturday. Second, I think Hughes was playing a different strategy against Arsenal and Chelsea than he will against other teams. In a defend heavily and counter squad, Long is the right choice for obvious reasons. Against others like Leicester, I think Hughes will play a more direct team (if you will). This will include Austin for scoring punch. If he goes two or more up top then yest Long, but I pulled him because I figured with all the running around he does he won't be ready. Long has pace and does make the defenders think, but he is not a scorer. In a slower, more final 3rd based attack, Long is much less effective than in a wide open counter attack

Two reasons. First he just went 90+ on Saturday. Second, I think Hughes was playing a different strategy against Arsenal and Chelsea than he will against other teams. In a defend heavily and counter squad, Long is the right choice for obvious reasons. Against others like Leicester, I think Hughes will play a more direct team (if you will). This will include Austin for scoring punch. If he goes two or more up top then yest Long, but I pulled him because I figured with all the running around he does he won't be ready. Long has pace and does make the defenders think, but he is not a scorer. In a slower, more final 3rd based attack, Long is much less effective than in a wide open counter attack
Sorry.

I am not a Long fan, but anyone suggesting he should be dropped needs to have look at themselves.

He was brilliant yesterday and good at Chelsea.

He is probably the most nailed on starter for me, alongside McCarthy, Bertrand and Tadic.

Sorry.

I am not a Long fan, but anyone suggesting he should be dropped needs to have look at themselves.

He was brilliant yesterday and good at Chelsea.

He is probably the most nailed on starter for me, alongside McCarthy, Bertrand and Tadic.

Yesterday we played Chelsea?

I can only think of one reason why Puel would want to do us a favour.

Oh wait a minute, no I can't. :(

Exactly this Long must be in he is our only outlet when we are under pressure and plays with heart something missing from so many others

-----------------McCarthy

Cedric Bednarek Yoshida Hoedt Bertrand

------------Romeu-----Hojbjerg-----------

JWP----------------------------------Tadic

-------------------Long---------------------

Would also be tempted to stick JWP in beside Romeu & Hojbjerg and put Austin in for Tadic and go two up top. Does mean that Cedric and Bertrand need to really push on in the wide positions. I just think with Mahrez, Vardy, Okazaki they'll just have too much going forward for us to deal with, which leaves us needing to score a few to even get a draw.

Let's face it, we're all but down, but the players must still believe they can do it.

We win this, survival is in our own hands, providing Stoke lose to West Ham tonight.

Win at Leicester, and it's 2 pts to Swansea who we still have to play.

Swansea also have Man City and Chelsea in the next two fixtures.

It's not over just yet... although the walls are closing in.