Ryan Bertrand - not fit to be captain, a disgrace

davefoggy

Yes but certain fans on here will blame Ryan for being an average captain, rather than let any blame be levelled at those that have weakened the teamsheet to line pockets.

I don't think anything has been done to "line pockets". It is not worth arguing the impracticalities of trying to extract money from the coffers into "pockets" - at least not legally. It has just been very poor recruitment over the last 12 or so months - which, if anything, is worse than lining pockets because it is indicative of incompetence.

Bertrand really does my head in. He's one of our best players without a doubt. But he so often isnt up for it. Played well against Chelsea but he usually turns it on against the bigger sides. Half the time he looks like he cant be arsed. Like football is too much effort for him. He was joking around with Giroud within seconds of the final whistle and then straight off down the tunnel. As usual, he's the first in the dressing room. Never looks bothered by another defeat and not bothered with showing the fans some appreciation.

He's a really good player, but his attitude is the opposite of what we need from a captain. Especially in a relegation fight. Shame.

you've left out Tadic, who idiots aorund me at away games and a bloke behind me at home games continually blame for everything

To be fair, he totally bottles shooting and tackling, is slow, falls over dramatically at the slightest contact from opposition players (and fails to win free kicks from doing so) and has never won a header. So he is at least partly to blame for a lot of things.

To be fair, he totally bottles shooting and tackling, is slow, falls over dramatically at the slightest contact from opposition players (and fails to win free kicks from doing so) and has never won a header. So he is at least partly to blame for a lot of things.

also missed a clear chance against Chelsea that would have made a massive difference. Just passed it to their keeper. Infuriating player.

Bertrand really does my head in. He's one of our best players without a doubt. But he so often isnt up for it. Played well against Chelsea but he usually turns it on against the bigger sides. Half the time he looks like he cant be arsed. Like football is too much effort for him. He was joking around with Giroud within seconds of the final whistle and then straight off down the tunnel. As usual, he's the first in the dressing room. Never looks bothered by another defeat and not bothered with showing the fans some appreciation.

He's a really good player, but his attitude is the opposite of what we need from a captain. Especially in a relegation fight. Shame.

This