Drums

Lastman73

2 or 3 guys in the corner near blocks 38/39 with bass drums around there necks. Mildly tapping on them. What’s the point in them being there ? If your going to be bringing a drum to a game at least beat it with a passion , at least try to get an atmosphere going. If not , why bother ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it's a bit strange really. I'm not necessarily opposed to drums if it helps the atmosphere (sad that it's come to that) but if you're going to have them they should be at the back of the stand and beating them properly, leading the chants. Not stood out the way tapping them lightly so no one can even hear them!

Just sums up what a pathetic, happy clappy, soft, nicey nicey atmosphere those running the club have created. The drums are just one example of that, along with giving out about 50 flags to the Kingsland yesterday, that 'Our Way' song and employing that kn0b on the mic.

The players have a similar soft as sh_t mentality on the pitch too, so it's little wonder our home record for the past two seasons has been nothing short of embarrassing.

Just sums up what a pathetic, happy clappy, soft, nicey nicey atmosphere those running the club have created. The drums are just one example of that, along with giving out about 50 flags to the Kingsland yesterday, that 'Our Way' song and employing that kn0b on the mic.

The players have a similar soft as sh_t mentality on the pitch too, so it's little wonder our home record for the past two seasons has been nothing short of embarrassing.

I'm sure I saw an old dear knitting in the stands yesterday instead of paying any attention to the game.

I don’t mind having percussion along with the singing (probably different if they were right next to me though), however if you can’t hear them what’s the point? Just looked stupid and lifeless .

I don’t mind having percussion along with the singing (probably different if they were right next to me though), however if you can’t hear them what’s the point? Just looked stupid and lifeless .

Yeah we don’t want drums, we want percussion. Anybody play triangle?

The drums were as underused as the big flags in the corners. I assume we've just chucked them at some ball boys and told them to get on with it. I'm not against adding some 'atmosphere enhancers' (beats having ear bleeding music on the PA system or the cardboard clackers) but they should at least give something to the role.

Then again, they do represent the team and they are pretty much going through the motions too.

The drums were as underused as the big flags in the corners. I assume we've just chucked them at some ball boys and told them to get on with it. I'm not against adding some 'atmosphere enhancers' (beats having ear bleeding music on the PA system or the cardboard clackers) but they should at least give something to the role.

Then again, they do represent the team and they are pretty much going through the motions too.

Drums do not make an atmosphere. They’re a bloody irritation and are feebly pathetic.

Excitement on the pitch creates atmosphere.

Drums do not make an atmosphere. They’re a bloody irritation and are feebly pathetic.

Excitement on the pitch creates atmosphere.

This. They were in the corner between the. Kingsland and the chapel first half. Bloody annoying. Huge relief when they moved at half time.

They're Saints Brass and they've been entertaining Saints fans before games for a long time, usually behind the Chapel Stand. They are good musicians too. Unlike the Pompey lot, they can actually play their instruments. I like them. They are quite young and are probably a bit unsure of their status inside the ground during matches and so keep the volume down. If they were in the middle of the Chapel Stand instead of being stuck in the corner, they'd help the atmosphere because let's face it there isn't any there at the moment.

There are some right killjoys on here.

https://twitter.com/saintsbrass?lang=en

They're Saints Brass and they've been entertaining Saints fans before games for a long time, usually behind the Chapel Stand. They are good musicians too. Unlike the Pompey lot, they can actually play their instruments. I like them. They are quite young and are probably a bit unsure of their status inside the ground during matches and so keep the volume down. If they were in the middle of the Chapel Stand instead of being stuck in the corner, they'd help the atmosphere because let's face it there isn't any there at the moment.

They aren't ******* welcome is their "status"

It’s a football match, not a Boys Brigade concert.

They aren't ******* welcome is their "status"

The drums might not be but they are. They’re in the same tradition as the Albion brass band at the dell, and some of them have been going longer than many on here, home and away too.

Do we still hand out those pathetic happy clapper things at SMS.

Leicester have a lot to answer for starting the craze.

For that reason alone they deserve to get thrashed by us on Thursday!!

And no matter how good they are at playing instruments .... it's a BIG NO from me .... as is (not that we get to hear it much over the last two seasons :blush:)

music blaring out over the tannoys IF we ever score a goal, drowning out the real atmosphere.

I'm not against drumming per se but they were very quiet when they were by the Northam and looked unsure of the point.

It sounded like they struck up a sort of calypso carnival beat from the Chapel end soon after Chelsea scored the third, which was rather odd.

If they're going to do it then get them up the top of the Northam / Kingsland or Itchen block and tell them to ****ing belt it out.

Edited by benjii

I'm not against drumming per se but they were very quiet when they were by the Northam and looked unsure of the point.

It sounded like they struck up a sort of calypso carnival beat from the Chapel end soon after Chelsea scored the third, which was rather odd.

If they're going to do it then get them up the top of the Northam / Kingsland or Itchen block and tell them to ****ing belt it out.

This

Drums done right (like some abroad) do help the atmosphere. And lets be honest, we need the help this season.

But from where I was (block 41), it sounded out of time and not very good. Didn't see them but it sounded a bit like a toy drum to be honest.

NO NO NO!

Drums are naff and do nothing to help the atmosphere.

Bloody stupid idea.

When they started off down in the Chapel / Kingsland Tunnel they looked pretty uneasy as if they had been asked to do it against their wishes. They started very quietly with a samba beat like you hear at Brazil games, I have to say because it wasn’t too loud where I was it wasn’t offensive, then they seemed to shuffle up the sidelines to the Northam.

The Ingerland band who turned up at the Ladies international were a pretty pants by comparison.

if anything the flags in the Kingsland were more cringeworthy.

Telling the fans to give ourselves a round of applause at half time for our support was properly cringey.

I didn't hear that. There were a few things that made Saturday a bit of a 'cringefest' though.

Flags in the Kingsland stand. What was the point of giving flags to a few people in that stand. Do the whole ground or don't bother.

Drums - no.

Worse of all was seeing a few people in half and half scarves. How sad. I can understand a child wanting one for his first match, or as a special souvenir of the match against Barcelona, but seeing three grown adults wearing them !!! What kind of simpleton buys one and wears it?

One improvement though - we've ditched the 'My Way' boll0cks though.

Worse of all was seeing a few people in half and half scarves. How sad. I can understand a child wanting one for his first match, or as a special souvenir of the match against Barcelona, but seeing three grown adults wearing them !!! What kind of simpleton buys one and wears it?

I saw loads in half and half scarves. I guess it must have been some sort of day release occasion.

• 2 weeks later...
Next you'll be saying that Santa doesn't exist!
Nothing exists. The universe is a computer simulation. (Well, ok, the universe in which that computer exists probably exists...or maybe that's another simulated universe too?) Edited by trousers