We're not finished yet

benjii

a point at Leicester and a win against bournemouth will most likely mean we will be 1 point behind Swans and within 3 points of a clutch of other teams. How is this over as I don't see it.

#letsallgotoswansea

Again, 4 points from the next two when we got 0 in the last four.

Cloud cuckoo

a point at Leicester and a win against bournemouth will most likely mean we will be 1 point behind Swans and within 3 points of a clutch of other teams. How is this over as I don't see it.

#letsallgotoswansea

Because you are ssuming we win 4 points in the next 2 games in this scenario

Cloud cuckoo

Huddersfield lost 4 league in a row at the end of jan beginning of Feb and then won 2 out of the next 3. If we win 2 out of the next 3 chances are we’ll go into the Swansea game above them (bearing in mind their fixtures).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Three years ago Leicester were in a worse position than this, and look what happened to them the next year.

Glass is half full !

When I was at university there was a Leicester fan among us. They had just been relegated and he was explaining that he saw it as a chance to regroup, consolidate and then progress back up from there.

This was in 1969 and sure enough they eventually won the league title!

Cloud cuckoo

One game at a time (I know, I know)

Is it feasible for us to get a point at Leicester? - yes, of course,

Then, having done well there is it feasible for us to beat Bournemouth? - yes, of course.

When I was at university there was a Leicester fan among us. They had just been relegated and he was explaining that he saw it as a chance to regroup, consolidate and then progress back up from there.

This was in 1969 and sure enough they eventually won the league title!

They lost the FA Cup Final that month as well.

And he was right. First season down they were 3rd, next season they won the thing. They then beat Liverpool to win The charity shield at the start of the following season. So I don’t quite get the point you’re making.

And he was right. First season down they were 3rd, next season they won the thing. They then beat Liverpool to win The charity shield at the start of the following season. So I don’t quite get the point you’re making.

That relegation ain’t so bad?

Despite the calamitous last two games the team has played with a lot more fight.

With 5 games to go we aren't down yet.

But it is last chance saloon. A win on Thursday will massively boost our confidence. It will also put the ****s up Swansea the only other team in it now.

Massive if mind.

The other factor is that we have still to play Swansea so it remains in our hands.

I felt better for writing that. Then I rembered hiw poor the team is.

Win games we stay up ....simples

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I threw in the towel at West Ham. That was the day.

We have not won at home since ever and have won once in months. We are extremely poor, have offered virtually nothing to the league this season and deserve to go down.

I did the same. But I kept a small flannel...just in case.

Sadly I don't think even four points from our next two games is likely to be enough. I think we need at least nine or ten points from our remaining games (and even that relies on Swansea, Brighton or some other club coming unstuck). To get that I think we really could do with winning both of the next two.

That having been said, I do believe both games are more winnable than the games against Arsenal or Chelsea and if we can perform like we did up front aginst those teams while sorting out our defence then who knows what could be achieved?!

I think it is highly unlikely but I will continue to hold on to that feint hope that we COULD MAYBE do it! :)

Sadly I don't think even four points from our next two games is likely to be enough. I think we need at least nine or ten points from our remaining games (and even that relies on Swansea, Brighton or some other club coming unstuck). To get that I think we really could do with winning both of the next two.

That having been said, I do believe both games are more winnable than the games against Arsenal or Chelsea and if we can perform like we did up front aginst those teams while sorting out our defence then who knows what could be achieved?!

I think it is highly unlikely but I will continue to hold on to that feint hope that we COULD MAYBE do it! :)

It's the hope that kills you.

I can't see us not winning any of our last 5.

Schmeichel out tomorrow, so that will be a piece of ****.

Bournemouth are decent, but we're better than them and will win.

Swansea will be on a slump, and we'll p*ss all over them.

Everton will be doing everything they can to get rid of Allardyce, easy 3 points.

Man City, with their players more worried about the World Cup, will capitulate against the form team in the league.

I don't know what you're all worried about. Easy run-in. How many points do we need for Europe?

We're not done for yet, but personally I think we will need to beat both Leicester and Swansea now. The Swansea game is an absolute must win out of the two, no question.

Am a little worried Leicester are being underestimated to be honest; I think Puel will be desperate to get one over on us.

We need 10 points out of these last 5 games to stand a decent chance of survival. And that's based on Swansea picking up no more than 5 points from their last 5 games, Palace and Huddersfield no more than 4 points from 4 games (due to Huddersfield's GD they need an extra point), West Ham no more than 3 points from 5 games and Brighton no more than 2 points from 4 games.

I simply don't believe Watford or Bournemouth will belly flop their way to relegation now.

In other words, it's a monumental task. But possible :smug:

Everton will be doing everything they can to get rid of Allardyce, easy 3 points.

Man City, with their players more worried about the World Cup, will capitulate against the form team in the league.

I don't know what you're all worried about. Easy run-in. How many points do we need for Europe?

Full marks for optimism.

As we have regularly been reminding our neighbours to the east, it’s the hope that kills you.

Our form say we lose at least 2 of the remaining 5 games, so I think 2 wins and a draw takes us to 35 points and that's as good as it gets, unless we can pull of a shock win tomorrow that is, then we have a real chance. But if that doesn't happen then most teams are on or around the 35 points mark as it is.

Beat Swansea, Bournemouth and draw at Everton probably still won't cut it, getting something at Leicester is vital.

Our form say we lose at least 2 of the remaining 5 games, so I think 2 wins and a draw takes us to 35 points and that's as good as it gets, unless we can pull of a shock win tomorrow that is, then we have a real chance. But if that doesn't happen then most teams are on or around the 35 points mark as it is.

Beat Swansea, Bournemouth and draw at Everton probably still won't cut it, getting something at Leicester is vital.

Draw at Leicester, beat Bournemouth, beat Swansea and a point vs either Everton or City....

Even that leaves us on 36 and possibly still not enough points...

We're not done for yet, but personally I think we will need to beat both Leicester and Swansea now. The Swansea game is an absolute must win out of the two, no question.

Am a little worried Leicester are being underestimated to be honest; I think Puel will be desperate to get one over on us.

We need 10 points out of these last 5 games to stand a decent chance of survival. And that's based on Swansea picking up no more than 5 points from their last 5 games, Palace and Huddersfield no more than 4 points from 4 games (due to Huddersfield's GD they need an extra point), West Ham no more than 3 points from 5 games and Brighton no more than 2 points from 4 games.

I simply don't believe Watford or Bournemouth will belly flop their way to relegation now.

In other words, it's a monumental task. But possible :smug:

10 points will give us more than a decent chance of survival IMO. If offered 9 points now I would take it.

10 points will give us more than a decent chance of survival IMO. If offered 9 points now I would take it.

Yes, 38 points would hopefully be enough. Realistically the other teams all need one more win + the odd draw, whereas we need at least two and probably three wins.

Assuming as well that Stoke and WBA are already gone; the Baggies could still get to 38 points if they win them all!:lol:

Europe might be out of the question but we can still achieve 8th and a cup final ;)

So Boscombe losing tonight gives us another pathway clear. Win our next 2 and we're 4 points behind them with a game in hand going into Everton. Who do they play that day? Swansea.

I just hope our useless bunch of cretins, the most gutless twts I've had the misfortune of watching, the most underachieving side in my lifetime, realise that they can somehow unbelievably and underserved, get out of this. Leicester away and Boscombe at home, FFS they're not that hard fixtures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So Boscombe losing tonight gives us another pathway clear. Win our next 2 and we're 4 points behind them with a game in hand going into Everton. Who do they play that day? Swansea.

I just hope our useless bunch of cretins, the most gutless twts I've had the misfortune of watching, the most underachieving side in my lifetime, realise that they can somehow unbelievably and underserved, get out of this. Leicester away and Boscombe at home, FFS they're not that hard fixtures.

But they are for our useless bunch of cretins, the most gutless twts I've had the misfortune of watching, the most underachieving side in my lifetime

I wonder if a battlecry of "c'mon you ccrretinnnnns .. " from the Northam would catch on.

Know how you feel towards them though, and will be glad to see the back of some of them.

But they are for our useless bunch of cretins, the most gutless twts I've had the misfortune of watching, the most underachieving side in my lifetime

I wonder if a battlecry of "c'mon you ccrretinnnnns .. " from the Northam would catch on.

Know how you feel towards them though, and will be glad to see the back of some of them.

My mate said earlier, "you do realise this lot could end up legends at the club". **** me, imagine that, mincing through the season then win 5 games at the arse end of it to stay up and win the cup. **** me, what they've put me through this season I think I'd boo them during the open top bus ride

I would laugh so hard if we ended up finishing above them.

They’ve got us, Swansea home & Burnley away left. We need to beat them to ramp up the pressure and make Boscombe V Swansea game a real relegation battle.

Bournemouth are safe now. Easily.

Bournemouth are safe now. Easily.

Let's hope their players are as complacent as you are.

Although the point I was making wasn't whether they're safe or not, it was us going into the Everton game only 4 points behind them, with a game in hand. This then changes the whole nature of their home game against Swansea, provided Swansea haven't beaten City or Chelsea. They will need to win it, which in turn does us a favour. Swansea could then be facing a run of fixtures City, Chelsea, Bournemouth away (needing a win to be safe), then us ( who if my scenario plays out will have won at least 2 out of 3 games).

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

In what World does anyone think this squad - the one that has performed so terribly all season - will pull out of a terminal nose dive? Yes, I remember the great escape seasons, but there was more about the teams then. The very nature of the seasons performances lead me to believe we’re down already. Sure, it was better in the last two games...but we still lost, even when 2-0 up FFS. Games over...we’ve been found out...the Emperors clothes have been stripped from Les’ flabby back.

In what World does anyone think this squad - the one that has performed so terribly all season - will pull out of a terminal nose dive? Yes, I remember the great escape seasons, but there was more about the teams then. The very nature of the seasons performances lead me to believe we’re down already. Sure, it was better in the last two games...but we still lost, even when 2-0 up FFS. Games over...we’ve been found out...the Emperors clothes have been stripped from Les’ flabby back.

These players should be capable of winning at Leicester (when they've nothing to play for ) and Boscombe at home. The key is Hughes getting them to forget what's gone before. Had our start of the season been Leicester A, Boscombe H, Everton A & Swansea A, I bet most people would have said 6 or 7 points. Of course the past 8 months will have affected them, but then Everton & Leicester would be going full pelt at the start of the season. I agree, it's doubtful we're man enough to pull this off. But I bet Palace, Boscombe, Weat Ham and Newcastle could. If you take into account who is playing for what , our fixtures aren't that hard. Swanseas could be, provided we do our bit tonight and next weekend.

Bournemouth have got 38 points, they are as safe as houses.

You've got to go back to 2010-11 for that to relegate a team and before that 2006-7. In the other seasons 38 is typically loads more than required, and Bournemouth have got 38 NOW, with 3 games left.

I'll be going to Leicester with a tiny amount of hope and zero expectation. Ultimately it's eff all to do with other clubs and everything to do with what we actually do.