We're not finished yet

benjii

I think tonight is it. Win and we go into the semi with a confidence boost and a real chance, lose and we're gone. Overcoming 5\6 points in 4 games is IMO more than we'll be capable of.

Leicester are on holiday, now is the time to play them. Sparky has got us performing much better, this is a pivotal game.

I think tonight is it. Win and we go into the semi with a confidence boost and a real chance, lose and we're gone. Overcoming 5\6 points in 4 games is IMO more than we'll be capable of.

Leicester are on holiday, now is the time to play them. Sparky has got us performing much better, this is a pivotal game.

Tonight is the reckoning!

Is anyone else slightly peeved that we've only lost one more game than Everton in 9th place?
However they have won 6 more games than us. Pity our former manager didn't understand 3 points for a win system.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

The relegation that Reed and the owners deserve !

Which owner ? The old one deserves it for sure but as I know nothing about the latest one I couldn't say. Still if he was stupid enough to pay 210 million for 80% of the club and let Kruger and Reed run it, then yes I'd guess he's none too bright.

Edited by Window Cleaner

You can be peeved that we've scored the same amount of goals as Burnley in 7th as well if you like!

Burnley must be the xG champions nightmare. Block every shot and score from nearly everyone they have on target themselves

Burnley must be the xG champions nightmare. Block every shot and score from nearly everyone they have on target themselves

They are indeed- xG has them at 19th, overachieving in goals scored by five goals than what an average team would score, and conceding 16 less than the average team would have; picking up 17 points more than the average team would have with those stats. xG has us down as scoring nigh on 37 goals and conceding 43, picking up 12 points more than we actually have.

In other words, it tells what we should really know; if we had a goalie performing like Pope has and had a defence performing like Burnley's have, we'd be more than fine. xG rates headers as much harder chances to score and considering we've conceded 13, that may play into that too.

In all truth it's just stats, you can take from it what you please. At the end of the season if we're in the bottom three, we go down. Simple as that.

Good positive thread. But surely now even the most optimistic fan can see its over

Well i stand by what I said before Leicester take 4 pts from the next 2 and we are still in it.

Have to beat Bournemouth now, don t do that and it is curtains.

We were clearly playing for a point tonight the way we were set out and the like for like changes

It seems like its over but its not, and i`m clinging on to that.

The team’s not exactly putting the fear of God in the teams above them after games like this. Still, beat Bournemouth and get something against Everton, and the Swansea game could be very interesting.

I’ll probably throw in the towel if we don’t beat Bournemouth.

This xG sh*t is a complete load of crap and one reason modern football is dreadful. xG. FFS. How many goals did you score and concede, that is what is important. F**king xG.

I will continue to hope and say it is not over, as long as we stay ahead of Stoke and find ourselves 3 points or less from Swansea on May 8th.

Swansea remaining (likely?)

City L

Chelsea L

Bournemouth D

Southampton (08-05-2018)

Stoke

If the next 3 Swansea matches go the way as above, they would have 34 points..we would need 2 points in our next 2 matches to be within 3 points of Swansea for the game. This assumes Stoke stays behind us.

OK, there is your optimism. Want to see pessimism? See below.

--

I can hardly allow myself to to think of this awful scenario.....

We scratch and claw our way to find ourselves in 17th place after beating Swansea on the penultimate weekend. Then, on the final weekend we lose to ManCity and the Stoke/Swansea winner drops us to 18th.

I will continue to hope and say it is not over, as long as we stay ahead of Stoke and find ourselves 3 points or less from Swansea on May 8th.

Swansea remaining (likely?)

City L

Chelsea L

Bournemouth D

Southampton (08-05-2018)

Stoke

If the next 3 Swansea matches go the way as above, they would have 34 points..we would need 2 points in our next 2 matches to be within 3 points of Swansea for the game. This assumes Stoke stays behind us.

OK, there is your optimism. Want to see pessimism? See below.

--

I can hardly allow myself to to think of this awful scenario.....

We scratch and claw our way to find ourselves in 17th place after beating Swansea on the penultimate weekend. Then, on the final weekend we lose to ManCity and the Stoke/Swansea winner drops us to 18th.

The Stoke/Swansea game is a bummer. They can’t both lose unfortunately.

It's over, last night was the do or die moment. We play like a relegated team and Sparky's body language last night indicated that even he realises the game is up. Making up 4/5 points over 4 games would be a big task even if we were in good form. Not going to happen.

Gutted.

:(

Hmmm. The realist in me says it's over, but the eternal optimist in me thinks it still isn't outside the realms of possibility.

Looking at their remaining fixtures, there's every chance that one or both of Huddersfield and Brighton could fail to get another point this season.

Admittedly, that would still require us to get 7 points from our remaining games - wins against Bournemouth and Swansea and a draw at Everton would do it.

The evidence of the season so far suggests we won't do that - but if we can just manage to keep our heads up and not capitulate every time we concede, it's not impossible.

NURSE! Where's my medication!? ;)

With 12 games to go we just needed 3 wins to stay up.

With 10 games to go we just needed 3 wins to stay up.

With 8 games to go we just needed 3 wins to stay up.

With 6 games to go we just needed 3 wins to stay up.

We now only have 4 games to go and still need 3 wins to stay up.........

Hope will end when with 2 games to go we just need 3 wins to stay up.

... Sparky's body language last night indicated that even he realises the game is up.

Watching a stream last night this was what I really took from the game as well. God knows how mentally he can deal with training sessions and try and motivate players when he knows there's really nothing constructive he can do?

Honestly I've got to laugh at anyone who thinks we will even win again this season let alone twice or more. Every single 6 pointer we've screwed up. Palace home, Watford, Huddersfield home plus Newcastle and West Ham away. There is no chance we'll beat Bournemouth. Players don't have it in them.

Honestly I've got to laugh at anyone who thinks we will even win again this season let alone twice or more. Every single 6 pointer we've screwed up. Palace home, Watford, Huddersfield home plus Newcastle and West Ham away. There is no chance we'll beat Bournemouth. Players don't have it in them.

Indeed I saw nothing from last nights game that gave me much hope of winning against Everton or Swansea. Bournemouth might be dfferent. Must say that if Vardy was still as sharp as he used to be we'd have gotten tonked yesterday.

Watching a stream last night this was what I really took from the game as well. God knows how mentally he can deal with training sessions and try and motivate players when he knows there's really nothing constructive he can do?

I used to have a cartoon that said "I feel so much better now that I've given up hope"

The key here is motivation, making the players believe that they can do it. We see it time and time again that when a team is mathematically relegated they relax and start winning games. All we need to do is send them out with smiles on their faces and not a cre in the world ;)

Must say that if Vardy was still as sharp as he used to be we'd have gotten tonked yesterday.

He’s scored in 11 of his last 14 games for club and country. Until last night he’s scored in his last 5 games in a row. He’s already scored 20 goals in domestic league and cups this season ( with 3 games to go). Last season it was 14, and the season they actually won the league it was only 4 more than he’s managed this season. But hey, don’t let facts get in the way of having a dig at the club.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk