Bring back Cortese.

Deanovski

Relegation or not the people running the club are not fit to do so. NO fight to keep players and absolute PR BS when we sell.

Cortese clearly thought the world of Markuss and despite his methods had the players and fans we were top 4 contenders.

Would have him back in a HEARTBEAT, he must be feeling very bittersweet right now to see the mess our club is.

incoming bedwetter comments.

First off, how do you know Cortese though the world of Markus?

Secondly, bittersweet? I'm sure he pushes pins into a mini KL doll every night thinking about she did him over!

Also, 'bedwetter comments' what would constitute a bedwetter comment?

Has it ever occurred to you, Deano, that people sometimes don't want to do what you want them to do? In this particular case, how can we "bring back Cortese" - kidnap him?

Same with managers and players - they do have some sort of say into what job they want and where they want to work.

He can't he's already got a job. After tracking him for years when he was with us he's now CEO of AC Milan

Oh wait.....

Jesus mate, you peddle this same line every single time the guy is mentioned. Even you must realise it's wearing a bit thin now.

Relegation or not the people running the club are not fit to do so. NO fight to keep players and absolute PR BS when we sell.

Cortese clearly thought the world of Markuss and despite his methods had the players and fans we were top 4 contenders.

Would have him back in a HEARTBEAT, he must be feeling very bittersweet right now to see the mess our club is.

We finished 14th in his only full season in the Premier League. When he fuc ked off out of it we were eighth but nowhere near top four.

The subsequent regime turned us into a team just a win away from the top four, though. Well done them.

We finished 14th in his only full season in the Premier League. When he fuc ked off out of it we were eighth but nowhere near top four.

The subsequent regime turned us into a team just a win away from the top four, though. Well done them.

14th? Bite your hand off.

Took us from -10 points in League One… to top 10 in Premier League

Momentum then carried us beautifully for a couple of seasons.

#momentum #curve

I predicted it would all go Pete Tong under Reed but the same people that undermine Cortese thought top 10 would continue forever

#mysticmeg #insight #knowledge

Jesus mate, you peddle this same line every single time the guy is mentioned. Even you must realise it's wearing a bit thin now.

He is no more repetitive than the people calling for Cortese's return and he has a point as well, Cortese is lauded on here as some sort of football administering genius but hasn't had a job in football since. So the people who might hire him don't think he's that great, you know the people whose money he will be spunking.

He is no more repetitive than the people calling for Cortese's return and he has a point as well, Cortese is lauded on here as some sort of football administering genius but hasn't had a job in football since. So the people who might hire him don't think he's that great, you know the people whose money he will be spunking.

ok, but its like a broken record, I mean that's his one line every time Cortese is mentioned, and it is based on some rumour that Milan wanted him, and he just beats that drum every time, it's a bit sad.

He hates Cortese, i get that and that is fine, but change the record and really, does anyone need to respond to such a pointless thread?

We were contenders for the top 4 in the 2015/16 season. Finishing 6th and only 3 points away from 4th place.

Cortese left in January 2014

We were never contenders in 2015/16 - if anything we were more contenders in 2014/15.

If you end the season only 3 points away from 4th, then I don't see how anyone can say they aren't contenders.

2014/15 - 7th 10 points away from 4th

2015/16 - 6th 3 points away from 4th

Cortese was not at the club for either of those seasons.

If you end the season only 3 points away from 4th, then I don't see how anyone can say they aren't contenders.

It’s like saying Arsenal were title challengers when Leicester won the league because they finished 2nd

It’s like saying Arsenal were title challengers when Leicester won the league because they finished 2nd

No it isn't.

2015/16

Gap from Saints to 4th place = 3 points

Gap from Arsenal to Leicester = 10 points

Saints were 1 win in a 38 game season away from being level on points with 4th place. If you finish a 38 game season 1 win away from being level on points for a position... then you were clearly contenders for it!

Obviously you didn’t follow those seasons or watch us play much then.

In 2015/16, we were looking down rather than up for the first half of the season (see the reaction after the Norwich away game). It was only a phenomenal run at the end that saw us break into the top six and close the gap on the top four but we were never real contenders whereas in 2014/15 we were in the top 4 for large parts of the season only to fall apart at the end. Tell me how many weeks did we spend in the top 4 in 2014/15 vs 2015/16?

Any idiot can read a league table which is what you’ve done - making sense of those seasons is another matter entirely pal.

Won't happen while Ms Liebherr remains part owner of the Club. Might happen if Gao buys her out completely and looks around for some help spending his (backers') money, which hopefully he will at some point otherwise we will continue with the current bumbling board.

Cortese aka the master of illusion

He left because he had enough of living in the UK and family wanted to return to Switzerland.

I suspect his main motivation was to sell at some point and make himself a large wedge, rather like whats happened now.

We've never been close to a top four side getting a bit close a couple of times, whichever season you want to say it was, really counts for nothing as we weren't good enough to actually finish 4th or sustain it.

The top 6 are now so strong (Leicester's doing) that I can't see any club sustaining a long term challenge to break into the top 6. Burnley are close this season but I doubt they will be there next season. The minute any club looks like they might be a threat to the top 6, they buy their best players. Leicester should have capitalised, and although they only sold Kante, they had a poor summer spend. Unless someone ploughs in billions and "does a City" over the next few years, Everton might I suppose, I feel the future of the Premier League will be the top 6 and everyone else fighting for 7th.

I am interested to see how Wolves do next season though, they seem to be on a mission to achieve things.

I enjoyed the Cortese era as fan but even if hypothetically this were an option, it wouldn't seem sensible as:

- We wouldn't have an owner willing to spend large sums of money, as NC comparatively had in L1, NPC and first season back

- Approval of expenditure - this appeared to be the issue causing NC's departure. Owners will want some accountability and in places, some joint decision-making

- Trajectory: We appeared to be piling up some quite alarming debt and doing some things the club said wouldn't happen

- Commercial income; I'm not fan of Kreuger's overall but this does appear to have improved significantly, shame relegation will harm much of this e.g. UA, Virgin Media

Having said the above, where I think the OP is coming from is the corpulent nature of how the club is now run and the total lack of urgency or vision currently. Cortese might not have had the money - and was relying on the funding of others to achieve it who probably didn't have it either in retrospect - but there was a vision and I can see how it became alluring to some fans.

to be fair, the progress doesn't stop the minute NC left. It takes quite a while for such things to unravel, as it took a while for the good times to start.

Aka momentum curve

Les's best and worst friend

its like the economy, you have to look ahead quite a time before the effects of anything done now comes into play.

Everyseason the quality of the squad erodes, as we slowly lost the real gems. Not that the club can be fully blamed for the players wanting to go, but not replacing vital parts of the team is.Eg centre halves and goalscorers, the spine of the team

its like the economy, you have to look ahead quite a time before the effects of anything done now comes into play.

Everyseason the quality of the squad erodes, as we slowly lost the real gems. Not that the club can be fully blamed for the players wanting to go, but not replacing vital parts of the team is.Eg centre halves and goalscorers, the spine of the team

Its where I blame for our predicament not at fans for wanting Puel gone - how many wanted Pellegrino?

Why last January did we not buy a defender? Caceres was signed and not played. Where was the replacement for the imminent departure VVD this January?

Why go for unobtainable players like Walcott/Promes? Kennedy at Newcastle on loan from Newcastle is flying ...why didnt we go for him?

How many loan players do we currently have ? Other clubs use that why don't we as presumably there are no defenders in the whole of Europe better than Stephens/Yoshida/Hoedt?

Our recruitment is the reason we are where we are...that and appointing the worst manager I have ever seen and leaving him there until 8 games to go.

Incompetence doesn't cover this.....something stinks.

We have had worse managers than Pellegrino in the not too distant past......not that it is any consolation now.

Can’t think of any. None who were permanent anyway. His CV maybe be better than wigley, his performance at saints was most certainly not

Its where I blame for our predicament not at fans for wanting Puel gone - how many wanted Pellegrino?

Why last January did we not buy a defender? Caceres was signed and not played. Where was the replacement for the imminent departure VVD this January?

Why go for unobtainable players like Walcott/Promes? Kennedy at Newcastle on loan from Newcastle is flying ...why didnt we go for him?

How many loan players do we currently have ? Other clubs use that why don't we as presumably there are no defenders in the whole of Europe better than Stephens/Yoshida/Hoedt?

Our recruitment is the reason we are where we are...that and appointing the worst manager I have ever seen and leaving him there until 8 games to go.

Incompetence doesn't cover this.....something stinks.

When you compare a beefed up memory stick aka the black box to being on the bridge of the starship enterprise, you know something stinks...

xnhjmc.jpg

We have had worse managers than Pellegrino in the not too distant past......not that it is any consolation now.

Really? I cant think of many - Dodd/Gorman at least had a bit about them not the frightened rabbit in the headlights look. Stuart Gray maybe but he is a decent coach just not a good manager.

I cannot get that image of him against Wolves down on his haunches at 0-2 down looking like he was scared sh1tless...

I would be totally for cortese coming back. i think him going was the start of the wheels coming off, but the momentum built from his time in charge coupled with koeman doing amazing in the transfer market replacing the outgoings kept us ticking over nicely. i really find it hard to believe that nicola would have bent over everytime and allowed us to become a liverpool feeder club

ok, but its like a broken record, I mean that's his one line every time Cortese is mentioned, and it is based on some rumour that Milan wanted him, and he just beats that drum every time, it's a bit sad.

He hates Cortese, i get that and that is fine, but change the record and really, does anyone need to respond to such a pointless thread?

You did, twice :lol:

It was nice that it only took you 15 minutes to reply to me, it's almost like a klaxon goes off whenever there is a post about your pint sized hero.

You do know who put that AC Milan rumour out there don't you? None other than your diminutive, Cuban heeled, chum. The king of his own PR and you saps sucked it all up. :lol:

You did, twice :lol:

It was nice that it only took you 15 minutes to reply to me, it's almost like a klaxon goes off whenever there is a post about your pint sized hero.

You do know who put that AC Milan rumour out there don't you? None other than your diminutive, Cuban heeled, chum. The king of his own PR and you saps sucked it all up. :lol:

no, quite clearly you sapped it up mate.

Cortese back? Great idea - all we need first is a billionaire owner willing to throw his money around because the dwarf couldn’t get out of the club quick enough when he found out he was going to have to work to some sort of realistic budget.

If only we had a dwarf to find us ANOTHER billionaire hey unlike our current chicken cheap main.

Go on Les.