Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: WELL DONE RICKIE LAMBERT

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Sunny Eastside!
    Posts
    2,524

    Default WELL DONE RICKIE LAMBERT


  2. #2

    Default

    Legend

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bartonia 2, 000, 000 years ago
    Posts
    6,524

    Default

    I always get a bit emosh hearing him talk about the old days haha

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bitterne Park
    Posts
    2,051

    Default

    Absolute legend. Have many others had the rise he did?

    One things for sure, we’re going to need another Rickie to rise up once we go down.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simo View Post
    I always get a bit emosh hearing him talk about the old days haha
    Same. I tend to watch stuff from our 11-12 season when I'm drunk. T'was a simpler time.

    Makes me excited to go back to The Championship next season!

  6. Default

    Should've finished his career with us

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viking Saint View Post
    Should've finished his career with us
    No he should have retired after his season at Liverpool. It'd have been the perfect end to his career.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bpsaint View Post
    Absolute legend. Have many others had the rise he did?

    One things for sure, we’re going to need another Rickie to rise up once we go down.
    We've been needing one ever since Pelle/Mane were sold.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    I was there when Pancake went mad. 15/04/2010.
    Posts
    4,913

    Default

    Love the guy, as does every other Saints fan.

    Such a shame he was used as a pawn which contributed to the exodus of players and subsequent downfall. I can't help but feel Liverpool never really wanted him but knew a) it'd make them look good by giving him a chance at his boyhood club, and b) him being there would make it easier to convince Lallana to sign.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jawillwill View Post
    Love the guy, as does every other Saints fan.

    Such a shame he was used as a pawn which contributed to the exodus of players and subsequent downfall. I can't help but feel Liverpool never really wanted him but knew a) it'd make them look good by giving him a chance at his boyhood club, and b) him being there would make it easier to convince Lallana to sign.
    Bizarre.

    Why would Lallana need convincing to sign for Liverpool? Anyone with any recollection of the events of that summer knows that he wanted to go the minute the offer was in.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    3,733
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jawillwill View Post
    Love the guy, as does every other Saints fan.

    Such a shame he was used as a pawn which contributed to the exodus of players and subsequent downfall. I can't help but feel Liverpool never really wanted him but knew a) it'd make them look good by giving him a chance at his boyhood club, and b) him being there would make it easier to convince Lallana to sign.
    He was signed because Liverpool at the time felt they needed a big man as a plan B to come off the bench.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •