(If we go down) what will you miss about the Premierleague?

Wiggles31

Reverse psychology thread.....

Let’s be honest we hit the glass ceiling (8th, 7th, 6th and 8th with Europe) but horribly ruined ourselves - thank you Ralph and Les.

I know it’s been so long since beating a top 6 team (Heinsburg can quote the days) but the limelight of winning those games was always great. Top half finishes were great. Bringing high press football to the PL with Pochettino was great. Seeing our league one players perform so well - playing under with absolute unity. Bringing through Shaw and JWP.

To this day though the promotion seasons too anything we did in the PL.

Don’t get me wrong I desperately want to stay up but these last two seasons we’ve lost our identity, if the owners are willing to back us maybe a good season in the Championship (even 1-3 to get back up) won’t be too bad.

There’s a lot not to miss about the PL - prove me wrong.

Anyway it’s not over until the fat lady sings *cuts to Kat signing we did it our way

And the FA cup.

I guess the profile of it, being able to readily watch highlights on mainstream. Being able to go toe-to-toe with some of the best players in the world – although we haven’t done that for the last two seasons.

I think Channel 5 loose the EFL rights next year, it goes to a channel called QUEST or something.

Not so much what I'll miss, but the loss of income to the club in these days when money rules the game in such an obscene way will mean redundancy for a very large number of backroom staff. That will be sad.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

TV coverage/streaming is the main thing and it's nice being high profile.

But the Championship is brilliant in that there are so many mid week games and from a personal perspective there are loads of aways I can do, and it's a piece of pi ss to get home tickets when I do return to the city.

Just a shame that the EFL have chucked their broadcasting rights in the bin to Talksport and Channel 5 (soon to be QUEST).

The days when people complained that 8th, 7th, 6th, 8th and cup finals was described as nothing to be proud of

The days when people would proclaim they wanted "Champions league or nothing"

The days when the league cup was beneath us

The days when we could qualify for the champions league because they said man would never walk on the moon/climb Everest

the constant wailing and *****ing that we weren't "pushing on to the next level"

If you don't miss anything then why the hell was it the mantra to get promoted and celebrate like mad when we did? Or is just the target itself that motivates the players and the team, the club and the supporters?

The football itself is so much better to watch, do not forget that. When we went down we got a big shock last time remember the first away game at Luton? (and we still got Theo on the bench…..) 2-0 up thought it was going to be easy well it sure is not

Only one thing - being able to watch it on TV or via a stream. I'll still have my ST next season so home games are covered, but it's nice to watch the away games as well, rather than rely on commentary.

Championship Clubs are allowed to stream their own games live to overseas viewers. Should be easy enough to set up with a VPN if Saints decide to do it.

The hope that if we qualify for Europe the manager would take it as seriously as the fans.

Neither Koeman or Puel did.

I will miss being able to take the **** out of skates I work with....could be above us next season...urgh

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Edited by Give it to Ron

I'll miss not being able to watch the ****ing games any more. Living in the US I've been able to watch every game, home and away live, courtesy of NBC Sports. There's no such luxury in the Championship. I've been back for the two Chelsea games and am still in shock at how badly a team can crumble since I saw them in the flesh last season. My weekends arnt going to be the same next year.

For those of you not in my boat, I must say that if I were then I'd not be upset about playing in the Championship.

Before I moved away, I went to most home and away games during div1 and Champ seasons as and it was some of the best football day experiences I've had following Saints.

The opportunity to qualify for Europe - 7th is enough these days with the big clubs dominating the cups and should be a yearly target. European tours can’t be beat. The championship is a bore in comparison.

We would still have two chances of a cup win which would give us Europe.

Miss about the Premier League?

Absolutely nothing - good riddance. And get rid of those bloody advertising screens too. And the ******* drums.

Will miss the ease of watching away games. The standard of football. The hope that you can qualify for Europe. The much higher possibility of winning a trophy. The security that the PL revenue brings and the extra revenue PL football brings to the city as a whole.

Wont miss the awkward kick off times and the awful fans. That's about it.

I remember thinking last time we went down "at least we now have a chance of winning a league". But no, it got worse. And trust me, when we go down it will get worse again.

Quite a few things:

Being able to find a decent stream when I'm not able to get to the games.

Seeing some top players at St Marys

Seeing us play some brilliant football against said top players (admittedly not done that for 2 seasons)

The £30 away ticket cap

The profile of being in the premier league

The quality of players in Saints shirts (again not really valid for last 2 seasons)

The press coverage and being able to read about the club rather than the odd sentence in the bottom of the papers.

Going to some brilliant grounds

Having to play some horrible games against some real drossy clubs next year like the skates.

The chance of fighting for Europe

The chance to fight for cup finals

We would still have two chances of a cup win which would give us Europe.

Miss about the Premier League?

Absolutely nothing - good riddance. And get rid of those bloody advertising screens too. And the ******* drums.

please tell me the last time a championship team (or leagues below!) won the FA Cup or League Cup.

the best chance of winning a cup is by remaining a PL team.

In terms of what I'll miss, well the PL brought about its revenue, ease of streaming and watching every minute of our games (particularly those away ones), higher coverage, an opportunity to go toe to toe with the big boys and witness genuine world class players. The sad thing for me is the number of jobs that become redundant when we go down in particular.

The only benefits I see for next season in the Championship is 46 league games as opposed to 38, more 3pm fixtures on a Saturday, and maybe we can regain our fans back who generate an atmosphere over the selfie brigade we see at SMS currently.

Will miss the ability to stream all of our games

Will miss being able to play at St Marys on FIFA

Will miss the income and the profile our club and city get around the world.

Won’t miss the plastic football tourists taking photos on their phone of opposition players whilst wearing their half and half scarves.

Won’t miss the ****e atmosphere home and away - cheaper tickets in the lower leagues brings out the more hardcore Saints fan.

Won’t miss the likes of Fraser Forster and Nathan Redmond, stealing a living as a Premier League footballer for our club.

Will miss the ability to stream all of our games

Will miss being able to play at St Marys on FIFA

Will miss the income and the profile our club and city get around the world.

Won’t miss the plastic football tourists taking photos on their phone of opposition players whilst wearing their half and half scarves.

Won’t miss the ****e atmosphere home and away - cheaper tickets in the lower leagues brings out the more hardcore Saints fan.

Won’t miss the likes of Fraser Forster and Nathan Redmond, stealing a living as a Premier League footballer for our club.

dw about that one! SMS will remain in the game even if we go down :)

Being able to watch some of the world's best players off the ball to try to pick up a few tips and tricks. Other than that, looking forward to the Championship and hopefully being a competitive side again.

But we've been competitive in this league since we came back up. It's just since the summer of 2016 that we've fallen flat due to appalling managerial appointments.

But we've been competitive in this league since we came back up. It's just since the summer of 2016 that we've fallen flat due to appalling managerial appointments.
2016? You can't be serious. 8th and a cup Final not competitive?

Nothing, I have gone off football especially the Premier league. To much money clubs splashing out stupid amounts of lolly and buying up carlos kick a balls. Take United for example oh we have finished 2nd this season ahwell lets go splash £250 million in the summer on some new boys.

How can anyone compete? it's a ridiculous league like watching paint dry..... journos have to much emphasis on the big clubs always ass kissing...... I hate the premier league.

Home games, especially after the end of January? The decline had set in well before the end of the season and began with us throwing the home cup game against Arsenal.
Agreed we weren't good at home. I do a lot of aways, where we were marginally better.

Those talking about streams. I've noticed that my streambox usually has a whole bunch of championship fixtures listed on weekends. I might see if I can tune in to one at the weekend to see if it will be viable for next season. Knowing my luck, we'll start playing scintillating football and I won't be able to see any of it.

Being able to watch some of the world's best players off the ball to try to pick up a few tips and tricks. Other than that, looking forward to the Championship and hopefully being a competitive side again.

A very good chance we won't be. We've been selling our crown jewels as a PL league team. Imagine how much worse it's going to be if we go down.

Being able to watch some of the best saints football in decades, and against some of the best players in the world....

But why would we want to see that as fans when we could be scrapping in the lower leagues like the good ol days... At least we can win some games right? Even if they mean less than f'all.

Being able to watch some of the best saints football in decades, and against some of the best players in the world....

But why would we want to see that as fans when we could be scrapping in the lower leagues like the good ol days... At least we can win some games right? Even if they mean less than f'all.

Really? Even under Wotte and Poortvliet we played some better football.

It's been followed my some of the worst though so swings and roundabout's, I also enjoyed our two promotion seasons just as much as I have any premier league seasons !