Saints Swoop for Westwood

SaintRichmond

Saints have made an offer for Keiron Westwood, Sheffield Wednesday's reserve keeper ( only 33 )

Nice to see Les Reed already gearing up for DIV 1

Yes, I meant Div 1

Pitiful how Katherina, Krueger, Les Reed, and Reeds Agent sons have Sold Sold Sold, and destroyed the Vision and Future that Markus Leibherr had

Regretably, His Dream died with his passing, but his daughter should be the most ashamed as we are guided to the Chumpionship

Backup for McCarthy, an international and better than Forster.

At 33, he has a good few seasons left.

I'm more worried who wants him. If it's Hughes I'm ok with it.

I hope Gao wouldn't even let Reed or Wilson buy the half-time oranges now.

I imagine any GK recommendation/scout comes from Watson.

Saints have made an offer for Keiron Westwood, Sheffield Wednesday's reserve keeper ( only 33 )

Nice to see Les Reed already gearing up for DIV 1

Yes, I meant Div 1

Pitiful how Katherina, Krueger, Les Reed, and Reeds Agent sons have Sold Sold Sold, and destroyed the Vision and Future that Markus Leibherr had

Regretably, His Dream died with his passing, but his daughter should be the most ashamed as we are guided to the Chumpionship

Says who ?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6074040/southampton-sheffield-wednesday-kieren-westwood/

I can't decide if McCarthy is really good, or just competent.

I think he's ok, does the basics better than Fraser but doesn't do anything outstanding like Fraser. He's better coming out, commanding his area, catching the ball, Fraser is probably a better shot stopper although that's questionable given some of the goals he's let in this season

I can't decide if McCarthy is really good, or just competent.

For the Championship I would say he's perfectly good enough for us not to waste money or time looking for a better replacement.

If we stay up then in an ideal world we would shift Forster and sign some proper competition for McCarthy.

I think he's ok, does the basics better than Fraser but doesn't do anything outstanding like Fraser. He's better coming out, commanding his area, catching the ball, Fraser is probably a better shot stopper although that's questionable given some of the goals he's let in this season

For the Championship I would say he's perfectly good enough for us not to waste money or time looking for a better replacement.

If we stay up then in an ideal world we would shift Forster and sign some proper competition for McCarthy.

Good points, well made.

agree he is ok but only ok ,we will need a new keeper what ever league we are in next year

Forster along with others will be gone regardless of the league we are in.

Let's hope so I struggle to think of any PL keeper worse than Forster the last two seasons total turd.

It does feel like the squad has become bloated with players who just aren't up for it. I wouldn't mind a good clear out in the summer.

Forster along with others will be gone regardless of the league we are in.

Any insight into what the strategy will be this summer? Whilst I think there are a number of players that should move on our recent recruitment recorded is so poor I'm more inclined to think we'll replace with even worse players than we are improve the team and squad.

Any insight into what the strategy will be this summer? Whilst I think there are a number of players that should move on our recent recruitment recorded is so poor I'm more inclined to think we'll replace with even worse players than we are improve the team and squad.

It's going to be chaos.

(Les will probably have us linked with Maddison & Sessegnon though)

Bring in funds/reduce wage, keep promises whilst moving out under performers. Re-invest and strengthen in certain positions that we have failed to do so im guessing gk rb cb and cf. Carillio should never have been signed club fkd up there. Incommings obviously do depend on what league we are in.

Most fans can pretty much draw a list of the likley outs but whilst we still have games to play i wont say who. (yes i know i've mentioned forster but he aint gonna play again unless of injury or suspension.)

So we do still have some ITK's! Thought their info had all dried up now.

Will be interesting to see which players we try and keep in the summer who are more than capable of playing in the Prem and we want to keep. (JWP, Pierre, Romeu, Austin) Cant think of many of the others who we'd be bothered about losing.

I don't think McCarthy has really done much wrong and has proved himself to be a competent Premier League keeper. Hes made a few saves low down to the corners in the last 2 games that Forster would still be diving for now.

This is so true, the amount of times I have said lately, "Fraser would haver have saved that"

Bring in funds/reduce wage, keep promises whilst moving out under performers. Re-invest and strengthen in certain positions that we have failed to do so im guessing gk rb cb and cf. Carillio should never have been signed club fkd up there. Incommings obviously do depend on what league we are in.

Most fans can pretty much draw a list of the likley outs but whilst we still have games to play i wont say who. (yes i know i've mentioned forster but he aint gonna play again unless of injury or suspension.)

I've been saying around 16 players will go, so I'm going for:

1. FORSTER

2. CEDRIC

3. HOEDT

4. BERTRAND

5. LEMINA

6. HØJBJERG

7. ROMEU

8. PIED

9. CLASIE

10. BOUFAL

11. REDMOND

12. TADIC

13. WARD-PROWSE

14. S.DAVIS

15. GABBIADINI

16. AUSTIN

Whether we trust the recruitment team and/or ownership regarding 1st team & club re-structuring is another matter altogether.

Edited by SuperSAINT

1. FORSTER loaned out for 1 year hard to find buyer

2. CEDRIC

3. HOEDT stay again hard to find buyer

4. BERTRAND

5. LEMINA loaned out for 1 year

6. HØJBJERG think he will stay 1 season

7. ROMEU think he will stay 1 season

8. PIED

9. CLASIE loaned out for another year

10. BOUFAL loaned out for 1 year

11. REDMOND

12. TADIC

13. WARD-PROWSE think he will stay 1 season unless ridiculous bid comes in

14. S.DAVIS he will stay

15. GABBIADINI

16. AUSTIN he will stay

Whether we trust the recruitment team and/or ownership in any club / team re-structuring is another matter altogether.

only my opinion

How can Forster be a better shot stopper? He has never stopped one (except away at Arsenal last year or the one before). Shot stopping is Fraser's poorest skill. SKD was (probably still is) a better shot stopper that Desparate Dan.

:-)

Wouldn't bother me if we brought him in as backup to McCarthy - especially given that Fraser is one of our top earners.

Think Harry Lewis would be considered backup if we are in the Championship. Has played most of the season for Dundee Utd in the Scottish Championship (though has been relegated to the bench recently) to gain the experience, would be strange not to have him back in the first team squad especially if we are relegated (unless he wants to return to Shrewsbury who will probably be in the same league as us, can't believe that I've just written that).

Anyway, does anyone actually know anything about this Westwood guy,? Unfortunate name, does he come with a bell?

1. FORSTER

2. CEDRIC

3. HOEDT

4. BERTRAND

5. LEMINA

6. HØJBJERG

7. ROMEU

8. PIED

9. CLASIE

10. BOUFAL

11. REDMOND

12. TADIC

13. WARD-PROWSE

14. S.DAVIS

15. GABBIADINI

16. AUSTIN

Whether we trust the recruitment team and/or ownership regarding 1st team & club re-structuring is another matter altogether.

That's clearly not going to happen if we stay in the PL. You've just sold every single central midfielder.

I think likely departures if we stay up would be:

Forster

Cedric

Pied (out of contract I think?)

Bertrand

Gardos

Clasie

Gabbiadini

Carillo (loan probably)

I can't see us getting good enough offers for Redmond, Austin, Long etc. to make it worth selling.

If we moved on the above then we would need to sign:

GK

One or two right backs

Centre back (to improve what we have rather than replace)

Striker

Ideally we would also sign the Promes-type player we were looking at to improve on current support forward options.

It’ll be hard to get rid of Forster and his shiny new contract. I can see Forster staying in the Championship with us simply because we can’t find a buyer.

I think he’ll get lucky & some mug will believe he’s poor form is a symptom of us being awful this season. The reality is he’s one of the major contributors to it, but football is warped, he’ll get a club.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's clearly not going to happen if we stay in the PL. You've just sold every single central midfielder.

I think likely departures if we stay up would be:

Forster

Cedric

Pied (out of contract I think?)

Bertrand

Gardos

Clasie

Gabbiadini

Carillo (loan probably)

I can't see us getting good enough offers for Redmond, Austin, Long etc. to make it worth selling.

If we moved on the above then we would need to sign:

GK

One or two right backs

Centre back (to improve what we have rather than replace)

Striker

Ideally we would also sign the Promes-type player we were looking at to improve on current support forward options.

My post was talking in championship-tense. I sincerely admire everyone who's still thinking about Premier league football next season.

Edited by SuperSAINT

Despite the enthusiasm to bite, this is (1) based on an article in the Sun which is (2) pure speculation saying 'Hughes' might be interested. He might but he might be working for Accrington Stanley for all we know. (3) It does not suggest an offer has been made; (4) the man has a long-term injury. It all seems pretty definite!

Anyway, does anyone actually know anything about this Westwood guy,? Unfortunate name, does he come with a bell?

I work with a few Wednesday fans, and he was very highly rated by them in the previous two seasons when they made the playoffs. I think he's had some injury problems though.

only my opinion

i reckon Lemina was sold a while ago. Just don't buy this new injured back nonsense, or his fall off in commitment. Same with Boufal. Ill? Hmm. Off.

I reckon Austin will jump too, probably back to QPR, or someone else like West Ham. rest is about right. I'm looking forward to bringing our loanees back - Harrison Reed etc. Build a team around the youngsters. Forget the mercenaries. Time to get the soul back

This looks a reasonable signing but some people latch onto anything they can to slag off the club they claim to support.

I’ve been as critical as any about the failure to recognise the error of the Pellegrino appointment and the delay in replacing him. The January transfer window was also a lost opportunity but those who complain about the club selling top players simply don’t understand the realities of the player contract system. When a player is refusing to sign an extension the club are powerless, while Van Dijk showed you can’t force a player to perform to the best of his ability if he’s determined to force a move.

People can criticise mistakes but it’s pointless complaining about things which are outside the club’s control.

1. FORSTER

2. CEDRIC

3. HOEDT

4. BERTRAND

5. LEMINA

6. HØJBJERG

7. ROMEU

8. PIED

9. CLASIE

10. BOUFAL

11. REDMOND

12. TADIC

13. WARD-PROWSE

14. S.DAVIS

15. GABBIADINI

16. AUSTIN

Why JWP? I am hoping the new Southampton will be built round a Southampton man with JWP captain. And why Hojbjerg? He is the sort of steady workman we need in the Championship. The guys who promise a lot and deliver a little can go, but who will want tham and who will pay their wages, we could be stuck with a load of high paid showmen who wont enjoy the Championship.

i reckon Lemina was sold a while ago. Just don't buy this new injured back nonsense, or his fall off in commitment. Same with Boufal. Ill? Hmm. Off.

I reckon Austin will jump too, probably back to QPR, or someone else like West Ham. rest is about right. I'm looking forward to bringing our loanees back - Harrison Reed etc. Build a team around the youngsters. Forget the mercenaries. Time to get the soul back

Did you see the car crash that was the 08/09 season?

Why JWP? I am hoping the new Southampton will be built round a Southampton man with JWP captain. And why Hojbjerg? He is the sort of steady workman we need in the Championship. The guys who promise a lot and deliver a little can go, but who will want tham and who will pay their wages, we could be stuck with a load of high paid showmen who wont enjoy the Championship.

It's who I think will go. Not who I want to go.