Leicester V Saints Match Thread

Saint Billy

It looks like Hughes is just trying to keep it tight and hoping for a lucky break. That's worked well for us so far this season (not). The thing is teams destined for relegation only get bad luck e.g Alonso not getting sent off and then contributing to the Chelsea goals. We really have to try to make it happen and if it doesn't then at least we gave had a go....I am trusting Saints will make me look stupid and Hughes's plan works out in the end ...it's the hope that kills.

Slow, predictable, devoid of attacking ideas. Five defenders and three negative midfielders is not generally the ideal balance for "must win" games

But we're still in it. I don't see how we're going to score, and we'll concede the moment we open up, but we're still in it.

Bertrand playing himself off the plane tonight, with Southgate in attendance.

Why do we look in such bad physical condition? Literally every side we've faced this season has been quicker, more dynamic and vibrant than the one-paced trudge we've served up.

Come on, let's do this - hiddeously ugly wins still count.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

I thought that was comically bad. A bunch of well paid professionals who can't even seem to kick a ball with any conviction, let alone find a pass or have a shot anywhere near the target. Most of the first half we sat so deep with just one player up the field so there was never any outlet if we actually won the ball. When there was an attack it seemed like nobody on either side believed we would actually create anything from it. There is no way back for this team - even a lucky win today will not start a great revival. This team has nothing left to give.

I thought that was comically bad. A bunch of well paid professionals who can't even seem to kick a ball with any conviction, let alone find a pass or have a shot anywhere near the target. Most of the first half we sat so deep with just one player up the field so there was never any outlet if we actually won the ball. When there was an attack it seemed like nobody on either side believed we would actually create anything from it. There is no way back for this team - even a lucky win today will not start a great revival. This team has nothing left to give.

There is such a lack of belief. They may be motivated, but there is no belief. Squad seems quite fragmented to me. They might get on at a personal level, but when too many of your team mates either want to leave or are just not very good it does create a certain level of apathy.

There is such a lack of belief. They may be motivated' date=' but there is no belief. Squad seems quite fragmented to me. They might get on at a personal level, but when too many of your team mates either want to leave or are just not very good it does create a certain level of apathy.[/quote']

Good observation. A bunch of individuals.

A terrible thing to say at such a crucial time but Far Cry 5 is looking enticing atm, if the players dont give a f*ck whats the point in me giving myself a coronary.

My stream conked out and I couldn't be arsed to find a working one.