Leicester 0 Saints 0 - Post Match

St Chalet

With Huddersfield and Brighton's fixtures it's definitely not over yet. Obviously the thought of us getting 6/7 points from the four is outrageous but it COULD be done.

It's over, seriously. Don't ware yourself out trying to work out the chances. It's done.

The slim hope was winning the next 4. We haven't, therefore we still have only 1 one game since November. Not a cats hell chance of us winning the next 3.

With Huddersfield and Brighton's fixtures it's definitely not over yet. Obviously the thought of us getting 6/7 points from the four is outrageous but it COULD be done.

It's over. We've won 1 game in the last 20.

Time for the board and players to get some much deserved **** at the next home game.

Hughes ****ed this one up with his substitutes. Bringing on Davis pointless, and then replacing Long with Austin instead of playing them together. We needed to have a go last 20 minutes, instead we got worse. I don't want Hughes here next season.

Almost like he set this game up for the semi final.

I'm puzzled why we have given up as swapping Long for Austin is inviting Leicester to attack us in which they did.

Truly shocking.

Struggling to be optimistic about that. Going to Wembley but feel we are going down. Left it too late to change manager and unlike Everton, Palace, West Ham we haven't had that 'new manager' effect. Also remind of 2005 where we take the lead but cant' get that win.

Still on guys dont give up hope, 2 wins and a draw keeps us up.

Beat Bournemouth and swansea

Draw with Everton

Finish above Either Swansea or Huddersfield, maybe both

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Our run in doesn't include West Brom though, we obviously can't beat anyone else.

This result tonight will give everyone above us a huge kick as well, this has pretty much done and dusted the bottom 3.

Dire performances aplenty out there, but the substitutions were just terrible. How was Romeu allowed 90 minutes? What purpose did Davis serve? The refusal to go two up front for the last 20 minutes. Hughes is is as culpable as any player for tonight's result, which has definitely buried us.

Hughes ****ed this one up with his substitutes. Bringing on Davis pointless, and then replacing Long with Austin instead of playing them together. We needed to have a go last 20 minutes, instead we got worse. I don't want Hughes here next season.

Agree, may just as well have gone for it. I suppose the rationale may be get the point here, 3 points against Bournemouth then a 6 pointer against Swansea could conceivably see us 2 points ahead of them with 2 games to go but frankly I'm bored of it all and any sort of strategy which involves us winning a game is fatally flawed. One last thing - WTF has happened to Romeu, ****ing awful.

Still on guys dont give up hope, 2 wins and a draw keeps us up.

Beat Bournemouth and swansea

Draw with Everton

Finish above Either Swansea or Huddersfield, maybe both

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

You're probably right with the maths and permutations.

But where are these gutless c^nts going to find a goal in two consecutive matches for 1-0 wins ?

All over now.

Yep, and five easy points thrown away against a half-hearted Chelsea and Leicester. Mike Dean contributed on Saturday but all SFC’s doing tonight. Lazy, slow, defensive, subs far too late and wrong, Hughes is not an answer. Hopeless owners, Chairman, players, Reed and Wilson.

Tonight showed Puel being sacked wasn’t the issue, it was hiring Mr Sleeping Tablets in the summer. Leicester will be down next year if they don’t make a change in the summer, they were shocking, almost as bad as Saints, who were diabolical, with a much better squad at their disposal, not least Vardy and Mahrez. Definitely problems there but their owners will replace Puel with somebody decent, unlike Reed.

That right there is why I didn't think Hughes was the right fit for us.

Why oh ****ing why did he adopt the same negative tactics and team selections that the previous muppet got sacked for? We needed to win that game. We needed to go forwards and test their reserve keeper. Whenever they had a corner or throw in we defended on mass. Everyone was in the box. How are you going to score if all your players are told to stay in your own box? And when we didn't have the ball everyone was again defending on mass.

No risks and no rewards.

What a boring game, next to no goal action. Understandable from a Leicester perspective but pretty unforgivable from our players.

Sparky played it as if 1 point was a good result - it isn't. Why take off Long when you bring on Austin? Why swap JWP for Davis? We needed a win and Leicester were there for the taking if the manager had loaded up the attack and any of our players could be bothered.

We're down, yes we may mathematically have a chance but the players don't seem to give a toss and even the manager is turning into a defensive tactician. Even if the players were up for it 4\5 points to overcome from 4 games is mountainous.

Going down with a whimper, pathetic.

Let's not scapegoat Hughes here. You may not like what he's doing or agree with his tactics, but he was handed a crap hand. There's very few managers who could've turned us around given the time and shyte he's had to work with. Not his fault at all.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

For an absolutely 'must win' game, that was pathetic. I suspect that the team were too focussed on the semi final. We should have gone 2 up front at half time and at least tested their keeper, a draw or defeat effectively counted as the same result.

I look forward to my 'home' game at Preston next season.

Let's not scapegoat Hughes here. You may not like what he's doing or agree with his tactics, but he was handed a crap hand. There's very few managers who could've turned us around given the time and shyte he's had to work with. Not his fault at all.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

This is a team shot of confidence. I think at the end they were intent on avoiding defeat. I think if Hughes had gone with two up front the way we were defending I'm not sure it would have worked.

Agree with both of you there...