The big semi final build up vs Chelski

Pilchards

Lemina I can understand, seems to be coasting based on the Newcastle and WHU game, he knows he is better than the club and knows he will be off. think JWP has been one of the better players this season though- still sh*t but that sums up our season.

Better than the club ? You're joking right. He's always like that, a half-arsed, part timer. Capable of some fantastic stuff followed by prolonged periods of direness. He was like that at Marseille, don't know about Juventus.

Lemina I can understand, seems to be idle and arrogant based on the Newcastle and WHU game, he thinks he is better than the club and hopes he will be off. think JWP has been one of the better players this season though- still sh*t but that sums up our season.

Corrected a couple of typos for you.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Can't see past a professional Chelsea win. Not giving us much of a sniff and being clinical. I'd say 3-0.

Only way we'd win it is by doing exactly what we did against Liverpool last season. Stay as tight as possible, break when you get the chance and get a s_it load of luck along the way.

Look , I am as sceptical and disappointed with the team as everyone else. I believe we are going to lose if not get a hammering tomorrow and am having trouble getting up for the game. But Christ, these games don't come along often....semi final of the FA Cup and at Wembley I have been supporting the Saints for over 50 years and can virtually count on the fingers of one hand the number of times we have been here. I am in my 60s now and past history suggests that I won't see many more. So let's forget about the all the ****e for a day, have a few drinks, have a few laughs, support the Saints throughout, even if we are shed loads down within 10 minutes. We are expecting to lose, so nothing to worry about. We've all got mates who aren't around anymore who would have loved to be there tomorrow. Life's too short not to enjoy these rare occasions, so come on you Saints surprise us!

Look , I am as sceptical and disappointed with the team as everyone else. I believe we are going to lose if not get a hammering tomorrow and am having trouble getting up for the game. But Christ, these games don't come along often....semi final of the FA Cup and at Wembley I have been supporting the Saints for over 50 years and can virtually count on the fingers of one hand the number of times we have been here. I am in my 60s now and past history suggests that I won't see many more. So let's forget about the all the ****e for a day, have a few drinks, have a few laughs, support the Saints throughout, even if we are shed loads down within 10 minutes. We are expecting to lose, so nothing to worry about. We've all got mates who aren't around anymore who would have loved to be there tomorrow. Life's too short not to enjoy these rare occasions, so come on you Saints surprise us!
I'll drink to that.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Perspective, in , put. Well done

Well put. Both my dad and my brother would have been there if they hadn't succumbed to the Big C (in my dad's case, many years ago but my brother only a couple).

Although we all get so worked up about it , it doesn't really matter when compared to real life.

Make the most of your time and enjoy the day.

Well said.

Agree with the above posts. Last year we lost in the League Cup Final but that equaliser from Gabbi and the ten minutes after will live with me for the rest of my days.

Yeah, it's strange being a Saints fan , how many fans of the big clubs would look back and pick out a brief 10 minutes of a game that we heartbreakingly lost as being one of the best ten minutes of following the Saints ever. Wembley Saints end was absolutely rocking. I turned to my 20 year old son a minute after we scored after finally coming down from the air to find him crying. I asked him what was wrong, and he turned to me and said 'Dad , I'm so happy'. Now that should be what football is about. Let's not get above ourselves , I would hate to be a bid club plastic fan and expect to win and nothing else matters. There were more Saints fan in The stadium at the trophy presentation that Manure fans , soaking up the atmosphere and and clapping the players. Tomorrow should be no different, win or lose we stick with it and relish those small moments

Yeah, it's strange being a Saints fan , how many fans of the big clubs would look back and pick out a brief 10 minutes of a game that we heartbreakingly lost as being one of the best ten minutes of following the Saints ever. Wembley Saints end was absolutely rocking. I turned to my 20 year old son a minute after we scored after finally coming down from the air to find him crying. I asked him what was wrong, and he turned to me and said 'Dad , I'm so happy'. Now that should be what football is about. Let's not get above ourselves , I would hate to be a bid club plastic fan and expect to win and nothing else matters. There were more Saints fan in The stadium at the trophy presentation that Manure fans , soaking up the atmosphere and and clapping the players. Tomorrow should be no different, win or lose we stick with it and relish those small moments

spot on

Yes, last year's Wembley moments will never be forgotten by all Saints fans. We were so close.

But what went wrong almost immediately after that?

We've had a dire twelve months. So let Sunday be the beginning of a new Southampton, whether we go down or not. We've nothing to lose now.

Come on you reds!

Worth remembering the pubs round there don't open until midday as it is a Sunday

Other than the small pubs everything will be open early, especially the chains like Greene King and Spoons, no way they're missing out on the revenue of that many football fans.

I am so glad you rocked up.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting this.

Good man. Buzzing about tomorrow and thanks for articulating that. I’ll enjoy every moment with my boy who’s had a ST with me since we moved to St Mary’s. Priceless memories.

Agree with the above posts. Last year we lost in the League Cup Final but that equaliser from Gabbi and the ten minutes after will live with me for the rest of my days.

Yes that was brilliant. The atmosphere was unreal. Never forgotten!

Look , I am as sceptical and disappointed with the team as everyone else. I believe we are going to lose if not get a hammering tomorrow and am having trouble getting up for the game. But Christ, these games don't come along often....semi final of the FA Cup and at Wembley I have been supporting the Saints for over 50 years and can virtually count on the fingers of one hand the number of times we have been here. I am in my 60s now and past history suggests that I won't see many more. So let's forget about the all the ****e for a day, have a few drinks, have a few laughs, support the Saints throughout, even if we are shed loads down within 10 minutes. We are expecting to lose, so nothing to worry about. We've all

got mates who aren't around anymore who would have loved to be there tomorrow. Life's too short not to enjoy these rare occasions, so come on you Saints surprise us!

Great post

Decent Manics Album that. As for the game "Resistance is Futile" might be closer to the mark.

More of a Holy Bible fab myself. I think they lost something when Richie went missing.

Back to the game today... I won't be there sadly. My grandad took me years ago and arguably ruined my life :) However, when I do get to games and get to join in with the best choir I have ever heard to sing 'Oh when the saints...' I feel alive!!!! Truly alive... Make it so Saints.... As I said to myself two weeks ago when I ran the Manchester marathon... Don't you dare be sh*t !!!!! Bring it on you red and white dream machine!!!!!

Up the MF Saints!!!!!!!!

Surely with Man Utd awaiting the winners a repeat of 1976 is on the cards as by the time we lift the cup in May we will be confirmed as a 2nd tier club again. Looking forward to my day out at Wembley. For various reasons the last time I saw Saints at Wembley was the 1992 Zenith System Data Cup Final. Time to march on to glory....

Lots of others have already said so, but this is an absolutely great post. You have nailed it. We just might do it. COYS.

Just rewatched the middle of the league cup final following your post. Watched it a few times and I knew we were immense. But the thing that struck me is - none of those players have left. If anything we have found a better keeper.

They should show the players that bit of the match to warm them up.

Just rewatched the middle of the league cup final following your post. Watched it a few times and I knew we were immense. But the thing that struck me is - none of those players have left. If anything we have found a better keeper.

They should show the players that bit of the match to warm them up.

The big thing is confidence.

When you have it the team feel invincible even if you have lesser players.

When you don’t have it the team crumble in an instance.

18th and a cup final - If we win it then I think that would be a good season.

If we somehow scrape 17th and win then they will be heroes.

JWP and Hero in the same sentence doesn't really work - does it?

My old man promised to take my mum to the Ritz if we stay up...

Chin up guys. I may have forgotten something but as far as I can remember

1) we haven’t lost a semi final for 30 years

2) we haven’t lost one in 90 mins in 55 years

I’m seeing a bouffal wonder goal. Just hope he doesn’t “confront” Hughes after scoring.

I like this. 2-1 Saints! Boffles to score in the 88th minute, run up and "confront" Hughes. Hughes to knock him clean out and have to watch us win the final from the stands. An FA Cup 'Moment'. ?

Lets enjoy it today. It really is a special occasion - can't go myself, but I will be shouting and singing and crying (hopefully with joy, but..) along with all those that can get to Wembley. Make me proud like you always do.

UTS

COYRs

OWTSGMI

Good man. Gave me the lift I needed.

I didn’t have much in the way of optimism last season vs United. I was going to enjoy the occasion, and just hoped we didn’t get a thrashing. What followed, apart from the galling referee decision, was one of the greatest days, if ultimately heartbreaking, as a Saints fan.

I will approach today the same way. If Chelsea are on their game, we will lose. If we are also our usual selves, we are in for a tonking. BUT we are still at Wembley, still playing an FA Cup semi final for only the second time in my lifetime, two wins from writing a new line into the Southampton history books. Stranger things have happened, let’s have a repeat of Villa Park 2003! Leaving at 1ish, probably heading over with a train/tube load of Chelsea fans...