The big semi final build up vs Chelski

Pilchards

Hughes already hinting at a degree of squad rotation, with a primary focus on remaining league fixtures.

He could go for a wholesale swap-out of 8 or 9 players. Just as the premier league big boys do in the early rounds of this competition.

That'd go down well.

Can only imagine he would do with direction from above

If he plays some weakened team I'll be well ****ed off.

We're going down, accept it and FFS let's try and have something good this season.

And FFS, play Austin, he's our top scorer and whilst he doesn't run around as much as Long, he does score more. It's not ****ing rocket science Hughes.

We're going down, accept it and FFS let's try and have something good this season.

And FFS, play Austin, he's our top scorer and whilst he doesn't run around as much as Long, he does score more. It's not ****ing rocket science Hughes.

A billion percent this.

Sunday's match is the priority. Will be an utter disgrace if we play a weakened team.

Would like us to try this, see if it works for the rest of the league games

035daf3755f401fe433fffaba8975369.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

sims yes, Rom and Lemina no. Rom is ****ing awful at the moment and Lemina lost us Newcastle and Wham.

Stevie D and... I dunno, some other holding midfielder.

We probably will go down but stranger things have happened and we might however unlikely win 3 out of 4 to stay up.

Anyway that doesn't stop us trying in the cup. Agree we should play Austin, but he cannot be the lone striker - Thursday showed without Long we have no out ball, and Austin needs it on a plate in the last 20 to 30 yards. So 2 upfront, or fast runners (wing back or midfield) to do the "Long" role. Let's be brave here - so what if we lose?

Can only imagine he would do with direction from above

I think that's exactly what's happened. When MH signed wasn't it reported that his contract included a £1 million (or maybe 2) bonus for keeping us up? I doubt there's much (if anything) for a cup win. So there's every incentive for him to rest players on Sunday.

This one is a free hit. An opportunity to play without consequence. If Chelsea turn up thinking it is a bye and we can muster enough confidence to realise the league shackles are off, we'll do well. Optimistic here and going for a narrow win for saints with our goal leading a charmed life for the last 15 mins.

Just watched Hughes’ interview on OS. Seems there won’t be wholesale changes. Referred to a few changes where players feeling the affect of Thursday rather than preserving anyone for Bournemouth.

Given rumours that several players have been set aside, presumably due to attitude and effort (Lemina & Gabbiadini for example), and others dicarded because they're crap (Carillo & FF) we don't have a large pool to select from.

Today, Hughes should only play players from the last game that played well. Which should create openings for at least 5 new starters.

Might end up playing the youth team.

Who do we want on the pitch f it goes to extra time and penalties ? Apart from Austin & JWP not sure there are many candidates.

it won't, but on the very unlikelihood it does- I'd want JWP, Austin, Bertrand, Lemina and PEH to take our penalties. Tadic and Gabbiadini don't convince me, and even though I've not seen PEH take one, my guess is he can generate some decent power from 12 yards.

Dont want Lamina "Hollywood" in the squad thanks Nor would i play Cedric or Jwp on the seasons overall performances.

I'd play Jwp over nearly every other midfielder "on this seasons overall performances"

Dont want Lamina "Hollywood" in the squad thanks Nor would i play Cedric or Jwp on the seasons overall performances.

Lemina I can understand, seems to be coasting based on the Newcastle and WHU game, he knows he is better than the club and knows he will be off. think JWP has been one of the better players this season though- still sh*t but that sums up our season.

Agree. The first half of the season is repeating itself. Austin fit but on the bench, we cant score, bring him on at the end when we're desperate. Then he get's started and starts scoring (as a lone striker, to those bringing up his mobility again) Then he gets injured. Now fit again comes back in and scores, then dropped to bench to be brought on when desperate.

He needs to be starting games over any of the other strikers we currently have.