Hojbjerg: Official - Signs for Spurs

ecuk268

If we want to be relegated then yes.

We have a pathway. Smallbone is in that pathway. What we don’t want are blocks to that pathway. We need the pathway to remain open. This will only encourage other young players to work harder for their place on the pathway. The concept of a pathway can only be good for the future of the club.

We have a pathway. Smallbone is in that pathway. What we don’t want are blocks to that pathway. We need the pathway to remain open. This will only encourage other young players to work harder for their place on the pathway. The concept of a pathway can only be good for the future of the club.

Agree with this but don't think he is quite there yet - yes by all means give him more opportunities to prove himself. However, I would have thought with PEH, Lamina and possibly Reed etc. going, we could afford a decent holding midfielder from Europe - where prices will tumble even more than here.

Yes, I realise yo're taking the p!ss.

This was the Les Reed mantra when we were praised for our crop of young talent coming through in c 2013/14. Works well for Ajax, but they do it year after year, not once every 10 years or so. Could be said that he lead us down the garden path(way).

We all know that ambition being voiced by most is playerspeak for ££££££

Curse of the ‘super agent’ he has recently acquired. Same one as Cedric I believe. Hopefully Newcastle with their Saudi iffy money join Spurs and Everton to make a bit of auction.

Was better overall last season but pretty poor at times before that. The way he’s talking, he has carried us like MLT in the 1990s. Skipper at 23 doesn’t mean much these days as the team and club has been so crud last 3 years. Reasonable player, seems like a decent lad but the only reason a top 4 would come in is the reduced tag with a year left on his deal. So more like Victor - some success but some Q marks - and less like clear successes such as Mane and others who were sold on to genuine title contenders for far more than they were bought for.

He signed in 2016 but even though I saw plenty of games under Claude he didn’t stand out that year.

Yes, I realise yo're taking the p!ss.

This was the Les Reed mantra when we were praised for our crop of young talent coming through in c 2013/14. Works well for Ajax, but they do it year after year, not once every 10 years or so. Could be said that he lead us down the garden path(way).

Plus the club was always going to hit a point where the academy players would reach the older age groups where the scouting and recruitment at the time reflected the late 00s and financial troubles before rebounding again early part of this decade which it has already started to do. The club has always bought prospects from other clubs down the chain as well but even that dried up as Les’s role really went to pot 2016 onwards.

You look at the BBC Gossip column and it’s like COVID never happened. The agents are totally detached from reality, not just PEH’s by any means. Even the top clubs aren’t going to be spending the sums they and the players want them to. Guess it keeps the sport reporters from being furloughed.

He changed his management company recently, so all this doesn't suprise me.

I really don't think he is as good as he thinks he is. Saints is his level, he has too many lapses in concentration to be a top, top player. If and it's big if we could find a replacement who can complement JWP who is hard working and adds more goals to than PEH, then we should try and get as much as possible in the Summer for him.

Doubt we have any money to spend though.

Pathway is the new roadmap, yes?

PS need you back on UI.....

Is he a superstar? No

But he is a leader, well suited to the Manager's style, PL experienced, available for virtually all matches and still improving.

Good luck replacing that with our likely post COVID budget.

Ultimately - will his departure make us weaker? Yes

It would be a shame to lose him. Not sure he’s done enough to got a champions league move but can probably get a fringe club with more resources than saints currently have with Gao.

In the post Covid time period I wonder if swap deals might become more popular to avoid transfer fees.

If so might be wise to try and do a deal with likes of Everton/Newcastle bringing a midfielder the other way rather than waiting for his contract to run down.

Is he a superstar? No

But he is a leader, well suited to the Manager's style, PL experienced, available for virtually all matches and still improving.

Don't worry, Slattery will be back to take his place. He's shaping up to be the next Gazza!

It would be a shame to lose him. Not sure he’s done enough to got a champions league move but can probably get a fringe club with more resources than saints currently have with Gao.

In the post Covid time period I wonder if swap deals might become more popular to avoid transfer fees.

If so might be wise to try and do a deal with likes of Everton/Newcastle bringing a midfielder the other way rather than waiting for his contract to run down.

That's how I feel, it would be a shame to lose him as the club probably won't have anyone equally as good, let alone better to replace him. He's not a world-beater and won't go to a top club, but, he's done a decent job in Hassenhuttl's system. But like anyone else who doesn't want to be at Saints - f**k off, don't care, you're just a number. Why not stay and attempt to be a legend?

Football is tiresome.

Don't worry, Slattery will be back to take his place. He's shaping up to be the next Gazza!

The slattery situation is odd. Few call ups did okay He trained hard last summer he was following a programme down at golden ring so should have come back in great shape but it seems a few on here say he has a questionable attitude and doesn’t get on with Hassenhuttl. Something doesn’t t add up

Wouldn’t be overly upset losing him.

Nowhere near the level Morgan, Wanyama and Lallana were when they left us.

Replace him with that boy from Leeds. Kalvin Phillips.

Lol. Lets get £20m back for Carillo whilst we are at it.

Makes me laugh that he suddenly thinks he's a world beater he has some talent but what top three team is going to play someone that gives away possession so often?

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Is he a superstar? No

Basically this. He's not going to be the best player in a top 6 side, but ultimately, he's one of our better players, and it'll be difficult to replace him, as we won't be buying a player as good as he is now probably.

Is he a superstar? No

Spot on here, we should be doing everything to keep him as we will not be able to replace him with our budget in the future Covid market. How much do we reckon has been offered to him wages wise? IMO he should be a top earner in the team. If hes been offered that and rejected then there is not much more we can do.

Makes me laugh that he suddenly thinks he's a world beater he has some talent but what top three team is going to play someone that gives away possession so often?

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

In a nutshell.

I don't think he'll be much of a loss , Not as good defensively as Romeu and not as good offensively as How.

Romeu can't play the "box to box" role, which we require in the system Hasenhuttl wants to play, which is why he's barely played under him.

We'll absolutely need to buy at least one CM if Hojbjerg goes, and that someone will need to do both go forward and back the other way.

We will see how realistic his statement about wanting to win the league/champions league is when he leaves. If he goes to Everton/Spurs he has done so purely for the money. (No problem with him doing that, so long as he is then honest about the reason). He isn't good enough to get regular games for Liverpool or City and doubt either would come in for him as a squad player, as they already have better dubs than him. Don't think he would much game time for Chelsea, Arsenal or Utd either; would any of them go for him to be a back-up/squad player? Maybe, but wouldn't put any money on it.

The only way I can see him getting games in the Champions league is if he moves back to Germany, or another European team. But that would probably mean him taking a pay cut.

As others have said though, his leaving will be a loss for us. Not as big a loss as us losing JWP would be, but a loss. We have been very short in centre midfield this season, so would definitely have to bring someone in and I doubt we could sign anyone at the level he is at now.

All 3 of our central midfielders are average, whether he stays or goes we need an upgrade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And how many of our signings in the last few years have actually been ‘upgrades’ on the departed player? Maybe that cycle will change but it seems unlikely in the current circumstances.

And how many of our signings in the last few years have actually been ‘upgrades’ on the departed player? Maybe that cycle will change but it seems unlikely in the current circumstances.

You just have to get the scouting right.

Not impossible if we have sorted this particular point since Crocker s arrival.

Would be great to hear how he has been getting on since his arrival.

You would think jounalists would have the idea of interviewing him.

Hasn't really had much opportunity to do much in 6 or 7 weeks.

They are supposed to be hiring someone else to lead recruitment, not Crocker.

I don't think he'll be much of a loss , Not as good defensively as Romeu and not as good offensively as How.

Not as good as Romeu used to be. Not sure he has the fitness for 90 minutes at this level now. Whole DM needs upgrading.

If he goes to Everton/Spurs he has done so purely for the money. (No problem with him doing that, so long as he is then honest about the reason).

Don’t talk rubbish man. Spurs & Everton are bigger clubs, with bigger grounds, bigger fan base, bigger ambitions & 2 of the best managers of the past 20 years. I reckon every one of our players would move there for exactly the same money as they’re on now.

Don’t talk rubbish man. Spurs & Everton are bigger clubs, with bigger grounds, bigger fan base, bigger ambitions & 2 of the best managers of the past 20 years. I reckon every one of our players would move there for exactly the same money as they’re on now.

It’s about the money. Nobody moves clubs because they’ve got a bigger stadium and more fans. ‘Ambition’ doesn’t mean much when they’re now about 12 clubs aiming for the Champions League. The manager, maybe but anyone moving from us to them is going to want a pretty decent pay rise to go with it.

If you don’t believe me, let’s compare the players who’ve signed for Leeds and Bournemouth in recent years.

What the Hell are you talking about?

Do you honestly believe either of those two clubs will win the prem or Champions League any time soon??

He said that the reason he wants to leave is to win the league and the Champions league. If he moves to either of those two clubs he will not achieve either of those aims. Ergo, it will be purely for the money.

Do you honestly believe either of those two clubs will win the prem or Champions League any time soon??

He said that the reason he wants to leave is to win the league and the Champions league. If he moves to either of those two clubs he will not achieve either of those aims. Ergo, it will be purely for the money.

Tottenham were in the last Champions League final, to write of the last finalist from ever winning it is daft. Unlikely, but far from impossible.

Tottenham were in the last Champions League final, to write of the last finalist from ever winning it is daft. Unlikely, but far from impossible.

I'm fully well aware they in the final last season, but I am also fully well aware that they are highly unlikely to even be in the competition next season. Add in the fact that Kane is getting itchy feet..... I'm certainly not going to waste any money betting on them winning anything in the next few years.

I'm fully well aware they in the final last season, but I am also fully well aware that they are highly unlikely to even be in the competition next season. Add in the fact that Kane is getting itchy feet..... I'm certainly not going to waste any money betting on them winning anything in the next few years.

I doubt any team will be in the Champions League or Europa League next season if the country have 2 week quarantines for people entering the country. European games aren't feasible in those conditions.

Nice article on Hojbjerg in The Athletic, showing why his key stats make him very attractive for other clubs.

It suggests he prefers Spurs to Everton and won't sign a new deal at Saints.

Passing into final third per90 - 13th of midfielders with 900+mins

15th for aeriel duel wins

1st for ball recoveries (a key of our game under RH)

Available for all but 2 PL games and no major injuries since 2013

I doubt any team will be in the Champions League or Europa League next season if the country have 2 week quarantines for people entering the country. European games aren't feasible in those conditions.

According to some reports sportsmen will be exempt. Specifically mentioned were football and Formula 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice article on Hojbjerg in The Athletic, showing why his key stats make him very attractive for other clubs.

It suggests he prefers Spurs to Everton and won't sign a new deal at Saints.

Passing into final third per90 - 13th of midfielders with 900+mins

15th for aeriel duel wins

1st for ball recoveries (a key of our game under RH)

Available for all but 2 PL games and no major injuries since 2013

If he goes to Spurs just hope we don't end up with some of their deadweights in exchange, Walker Peters for instance.

Honestly not going to miss Hojbjerg when you see Alex Jankewitz play. This guy is the next superstar out of our academy. Showing the same level as the Ox did at the same age. V exciting.

Totally agree. I ve been on the lookout for him for a few years and he is seems to have everything.

Honestly not going to miss Hojbjerg when you see Alex Jankewitz play. This guy is the next superstar out of our academy. Showing the same level as the Ox did at the same age. V exciting.

He’s a good player as stands out at his current level. However, he’s not yet ready to be thrown in as a first choice replacement To play week in week out for a premier league club. Especially one who is likely to be down the bottom again next season.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Hojbjerg: Official - Signs for Spurs