Big clubs are entitled to win, we should just let them...

ashnats

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/exclusive-chelseas-fa-cup-keeper-12400469

Caballero re our game tomorrow:“more confident about going through because Our name and this club is more important in history”

And Klopp, re their draw with West Brom today about their “useless” comeback:

"I don't think that point will help West Brom massively, it is a complete waste of points. They don't need it, we would have needed it,"

Is it just me or are the so called big clubs a bunch of entitled ****heads. This, along with Alonso and Moriya pathetic antics in the prem game last week, is why I really hope we can stuff their entitlement up their @&”££ coyr...

Yet Caballero warned against complacency.

“We’ve beaten Southampton already in the Premier League. but this is going to be very different,” he said.

“It doesn’t matter that they are in the relegation zone. A semi-final is always a semi-*final. Of course, we’re probably a little more confident about going through because our name and this club is more important in history.

“But history means nothing. We have to fight for it.”

The sooner the top six knob off to a league of their own the better. The game has been totally trashed by money, however in an average lifetime the very same clubs will dominate. Why shouldn't the so called lesser clubs be able to aspire for the big time, their fans are no less worthy.

So knob off, form an elite league and let the rest of us bring football back to the working man. Would I miss playing against any of them, nope not one.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I want them to form their own super league. Without them, the Premier League would be much more entertaining and competitive, and teams would have primarily British squads.

same, though funny as all my mates who support top 6 clubs don't want a super league :lol:

because they know it wouldn't be comfortable for them.

absolutely hate it when a United or Liverpool fan says to me 'but how many PL trophies do you have', and even infuriates me further when I live in Kent, full of glory hunters- it is like they expect me to just go 'yeah you're right, let me go support United because they have trophies'.

Little do they know that the reason the PL is so popular and a global brand is because of the fans are of the other football league teams in this country- if everyone supported the top 6 and there was empty stadiums all around the country a lot of revenue would be gone.

Edited by nta786

We have done out best to support and pump up the "big clubs"

Didnt Someone post the other day that it's over 700 days since we beat a top 6 side in the league?

And they've all paid handsomely to be able to dismantle that brief phase when little Saints were a threat.

And they've all paid handsomely to be able to dismantle that brief phase when little Saints were a threat.

In Ronald Koeman's 22 month reign we beat them all.

Its really a sad tale. I think the dismantling of Saints over the past 2 years as we succumbed to these body blows (not helped by utterly inept managing on- and off-field, of course), represents a watershed in the history of English football. I dont think we will see another serious threat to the big 6 in our lifetimes.

I've long given up watching the so-called "Champions League" because it really isn't, is it? I couldn't give a damn about the self-important competition of also-rans. If only the self-important "big clubs" could sod off into their uninteresting league of tyre adverts then we could settle down to the prospect of competitive and cheaper football.

Easiest way is to strengthen the fair play pay levels for expenditure. Would help stop the spiralling costs as well.

How far would you go with that?

Should we have our expenditure cut down to make it fair on day, Accrington or Yeovil?

Was not fair on league 1 when we blew everyone out of the water with transfer fees and wages. Not many saints fans complained then

Edited by Batman

same, though funny as all my mates who support top 6 clubs don't want a super league :lol:

because they know it wouldn't be comfortable for them.

absolutely hate it when a United or Liverpool fan says to me 'but how many PL trophies do you have', and even infuriates me further when I live in Kent, full of glory hunters- it is like they expect me to just go 'yeah you're right, let me go support United because they have trophies'.

Little do they know that the reason the PL is so popular and a global brand is because of the fans are of the other football league teams in this country- if everyone supported the top 6 and there was empty stadiums all around the country a lot of revenue would be gone.

Bit rich from a Liverpool fan when they haven't won the PL. Reason the fans don't want the super league is the fact they will be midtable/bottom and not win as many games as they used to. Watch the dummy spitting then. Would be amazing to read/watch the tears.

Bit rich from a Liverpool fan when they haven't won the PL. Reason the fans don't want the super league is the fact they will be midtable/bottom and not win as many games as they used to. Watch the dummy spitting then. Would be amazing to read/watch the tears.

I imagine the cost of away days to Madrid and Munich and some home games having to be played in SE Asia, USA and the Gulf States might also put off your average fan to.

I imagine the cost of away days to Madrid and Munich and some home games having to be played in SE Asia, USA and the Gulf States might also put off your average fan to.

Not really, most of them just watch on TV anyway, and the away games would still fill out wherever in the world it would be.

How far would you go with that?

Should we have our expenditure cut down to make it fair on day, Accrington or Yeovil?

Was not fair on league 1 when we blew everyone out of the water with transfer fees and wages. Not many saints fans complained then

I was thinking more of the top clubs spending up to and more than £100m on a player. The higher these prices rise the higher every other players prices rise. There has to be a way to stop these ridiculous prices escalating ever higher so quickly.

The sooner the top six knob off to a league of their own the better. The game has been totally trashed by money,

So knob off, form an elite league and let the rest of us bring football back to the working man.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Wasn't your invitation only to the top 4 (FOUR) a couple of years ago?

Why not apply it to the Top 17!

Presumably your retort to a Liverpool fan is that we have the same number of PL trophies. Same as Spurs as well.

I was thinking more of the top clubs spending up to and more than £100m on a player. The higher these prices rise the higher every other players prices rise. There has to be a way to stop these ridiculous prices escalating ever higher so quickly.

Seems unfair on the clubs lower down the pyramid who can only dream of having their record £20m player not in the match day squads.

If you want a restriction which would fundamentally change football, it has to work for everyone, surely. Not just a system that enables a club that is within the top 20 of the richest/wealthiest in Europe to catch up with those at the top 5 or so.

Not really, most of them just watch on TV anyway, and the away games would still fill out wherever in the world it would be.

yes but not with the local fans who support their local club. Much as it is easy to dislike the big clubs and deride all their fans as JCL plastics its not really the case they do have genuine local fans to who I'm pretty sure wouldn't enjoy (or be able to afford) home games in Bangkok or away games across Europe every fortnight. Of course its debatable whether the big clubs, FA's, TV companies agents and players would give two ****s about that as they were raking in the money of a European super league.

The whole thing gets tiresome, all the hype and talk, all the big club bias.

Like what is the point these days, there is nothing in the game for smaller clubs because it's all about how much money you throw at the game, nothing else.

Small club does well, they get picked apart by the rich clubs. Player comes good at smaller club, instantly linked with big cubs and they start throwing money at his agent and he wants to leave.

Hate to say it but we need to look at US sports, salary caps, spending limits etc. everyone gets the exact same budget and it's then down to good scouting, good management, building a good team and your youth academy that then makes the impact as to who does better

I want them to form their own super league. Without them, the Premier League would be much more entertaining and competitive, and teams would have primarily British squads.

So the championship then?

It won’t take long for fans to start moaning about the standard compared to a breakaway league.

So, you would suggest saints budget would be slashed to make it fair on Crawley, Luton, Barnet and such like?

That sounds fun

No cause it should be diff for diff leagues like it is in every other sport that has caps.

Prem league each player max wage 90 k per week ( which is more than enough )

Max transfer spend 40 mill.

No team or player no matter how much money a club have can break this rule, penalty 10 points reduction per 1 mill over transfer buget and 10 point reduction per player over wage cap. its not hard to implement, problem is, is no one wants to, The Spanish FA would never agree to handicapping Real or Barca, The English FA wouldnt handicap United city gunners and chelsea on so on, its favoritism. If every one really had the games best interest at heart and not money then the game would already have caps in place for the benefit of fair play / competition

This, though not really bothered about the primarily British squads........

Seems unfair on the clubs lower down the pyramid who can only dream of having their record £20m player not in the match day squads.

If you want a restriction which would fundamentally change football, it has to work for everyone, surely. Not just a system that enables a club that is within the top 20 of the richest/wealthiest in Europe to catch up with those at the top 5 or so.

Agree with it being unfair for the lower leagues of our football. Trouble today is that money is the master more than ever before. I fully anticipate more clubs dropping out of the top levels of football because of the costs and the fact that they tried to keep up with the expenditure to stay at the top table. I hope we don't spend ridiculous amounts of money to get back up only to fail.

So, you would suggest saints budget would be slashed to make it fair on Crawley, Luton, Barnet and such like?

That sounds fun

No no no you mis understand. We want anyone with more money and more ambition to bugger off so we can be the new man city like we were in league 1 n the championship.

We just want to win games and it's not right that some have more ambition and money