Saints v Chelsea Semi Final Match Thread

St Chalet

This is pitiful. Even when we make any progress forward, we seem to have no idea whatsoever what to do next. Then play ourselves into trouble and put ourselves back under pressure. Once chelsea get their first I can see this being a rout.

Boufal had a ruck with Mark Hughes about being left out the first team Thursday so Hughes left him at home . Obviously continuing.

Ah. Well, there's not enough time left in the season for divas & tantrums & I get the impression Hughes has no patience for that kind of behaviour anyway, so no surprise really.

Ah. Well, there's not enough time left in the season for divas & tantrums & I get the impression Hughes has no patience for that kind of behaviour anyway, so no surprise really.

Not the sharpest tool that Boufal. He believes the hype surrounding him. He's done about 4 decent things in 2 years.

He started off so promisingly this season.

It was obvious from the Spurs away game on Boxing Day that he thought he was too good for us and he’s been a disgrace since then. Two woeful performances against Newcastle and WHU which have really hurt us and he gets a recall in a glamour semi final. Poor decision really, just rewards chronic underperformance and lack of effort.

An absolute crime that JWP hasn’t been rewarded for being one of our best players this year with a start whilst Lemina gets in. Get rid ASAP, preferably to someone less “glamorous” than Liverpool.

Defended pretty well to be fair

Dire going forward, seem too scared to do anything with it

Lemina has to be of some creative spark or may as well get off

Bednarek looks decent again.

You can tell we are going down, pretty clearly

0-0 HT.

Sparky's come for a point. It's absolutely desperate - I feel sorry for the fans who've shelled out to watch a team trying to not lose too heavily in a semi final.

Chelsea have been under so little pressure they haven't conceded a single foul.

It's only a matter of time before they score, and then it's over. Which will come first, a Chelsea goal or a Southampton touch in the opposition box?

Chelsea's keeper is top banana in penalty shootouts anyway, so it's not like a draw is great outcome for us at any rate.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Lots of criticism happening online for that. Must say I'm surprised there are so many empty seats. Ticket prices? Protest? Expecting defeat? Cba?

Or do we not have that many fans?

We’ve definitely got the fans, lets not forget the 50k or so we took there’s for the JPT. Theres just a general apathy around the place following results of the past 18 months or so, as well as the disappointment in the way the club is being run.

The fact that the FA wanted £80 a ticket for those front blocks didn’t help matters either.

Why oh why dobee give them so much space? And then when we have the ball we slow it right down. The only way we can beat them is if we do the exact reverse. But we never ever do. Appalling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ultra defensive slow, ponderous and negative play inculcated in the players by the idiot Pellegrino is still there for all to see. We need energy and commitment and I can't see any anywhere. Lemina should actually be shot like a lame horse. At least with s

Sims you get a bit of ballsiness. Not on bench?

Actually thought he would view this as a shop window game and do something but no. Sh ite.

Liverpool are going to sign him in the summer you know.

Then he'll start playing. Klopp has already had a Jacuzzi with him in Blackpool obviously

We’ve definitely got the fans, lets not forget the 50k or so we took there’s for the JPT. Theres just a general apathy around the place following results of the past 18 months or so, as well as the disappointment in the way the club is being run.

The fact that the FA wanted £80 a ticket for those front blocks didn’t help matters either.

£80??!

Not exactly family-friendly prices. Cup games are normally family fare, so no wonder they're empty - that'd be nearly a £350 day out for family of 4.