Saints v Boscome

redkeith

Cherries to you NewWorlders.

His post says “cheeries”.

Also, do you think it might be possible for a British Saints fan to emigrate to Canada?

It wasn’t, collect 5 beaver tails and enter to win supportership of a random premier league team.

His post says “cheeries”.

Also, do you think it might be possible for a British Saints fan to emigrate to Canada?

It wasn’t, collect 5 beaver tails and enter to win supportership of a random premier league team.

Autocorrect, I expect.

I have actually been to Ottawa. I drove there on business from Toronto in the early 1980s.

Autocorrect, I expect.

I have actually been to Ottawa. I drove there on business from Toronto in the early 1980s.

In those days Ottawa was pretty much a very small town. In those days Canada still had to run any parliamentary decision by the Queen.

It’s a pretty big city now and (in my opinion) a wonderful place to live. The only thing I miss about Britain is being able to go to a game and a decent curry, good fish and chips, haggis supper and black pudding. :lol:

Oh and tea, my mum sends it over. :lol:

Been a tough season with Saints being so bad I usually look to our ice hockey team, the Ottawa Senators to ease the pain but they finished 2nd last out of 31 teams.

No Lemina would be a good start. If we are starting Tadic and Redmond then we need two up front as all season long they have failed to get forward enough to support a lone striker. JWP should start, as should Davis and Sims and all the others who care about the club and are going to put in a shift. So that probably rules out the Tadic and Redmond and one up front tactical masterplan.

No Lemina would be a good start. If we are starting Tadic and Redmond then we need two up front as all season long they have failed to get forward enough to support a lone striker. JWP should start, as should Davis and Sims and all the others who care about the club and are going to put in a shift. So that probably rules out the Tadic and Redmond and one up front tactical masterplan.

I think Hughes will stick with the starting line up vs Chelsea when we played them at home.

The team had the right balance for once.

Obviously Stephens can come back in but leave the young Polish guy in as he has done well

recently.

My biggest problem is some players are better impact players than others when coming off the bench.

Redmond, Tadic and Boufal are often game changers while Long, JWP and Davis are not.

It is as simple as this: We MUST win this game!! If we can win it, we should find ourselves breathing down the necks of the teams above us:

• Saints would move on to 32 points.

• Swansea will achieve no better than a draw at home to Chelsea. They will have 33 or 34 points.

• West Ham are playing Man City. They are likely to lose. They would then have 35 points.

• Brighton are away against Burnley. I would expect them to lose that game. They would then have 36 points.

• If Huddersfield win at home to Everton and get three points we would struggle to catch them. They would have 38 points. However if they lose or draw, I don't see them getting any points from their remaining fixtures, so on 35 or 36 points they would still be catchable.

The way I'm reading the table is that beating Bournemouth and Swansea could keep us up?

Edit; nevermind, I forgot about the Everton game. Though we were on 35 games played.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

3 counts actually - he suggests lamina should start ahead of peh. He is clearly a moron.

Bang to rights on that one, I put lemina in because PEH was subbed yesterday, but our best forward passing usualy comes from PEH.

As for calling them Boscombe, I do it becuase my great uncle had the record number of appearances for them when they were Bournemouth and Boscombe.

You youngsters make me laugh, you think history started when you stopped wearing nappies.

Pokesdown station was originally called Boscombe. It’s name was changed to Pokesdown when the newer Boscombe station opened.

Boscombe is a place in its own right and hasn’t always been a suburb of Bournemouth.

Besides, if the fans of AFC Bournemouth (1972) want to also refer to it as Boscombe who are we to argue?

When my late date used to take me to see Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic as they were called them, he always referred to them as Boscombe as did a number of that generation. It was only 9d for me to get in then and I had to go through a different turnstile at Dean Court marked "boys"

Bournemouth are having another good-enough season, but if we can't beat them at home when we should be fighting harder than ever, we don't deserve to be in this league.

I'd start with the same team that started the home Chelsea game and attack the game from the outset.

I know its Bournemouth and its hard . but we have to make the atmosphere as hostile as possible from the outset. Not fighting their fans, but making their players feel uncomfortable

But as Bournemouth have no pressure upon them whatever Saints fans do won't make a jot of difference to them. They're professional footballers who've seen it all before, coming to the end of what has been for them, a successful season.

I can't see us winning. Every single "must win" game we've had this season we've not been able to get motivated, why would it change now?

We'll play a cautious and scared style of football until they score. Players have no courage.

this is the problem- one that we even had in Pochettino's season. as soon as we concede we seem to drop in confidence and faith and never have a belief in turning it around.

absolutely ridiculous that we have let this game turn into a must win, but it is what it is.

Would quite like to see the below...

---------------McCarthy-----------------

Pied --- Bednarek --- Yoshida --- Bertrand

----------Romeu-----Hojbjerg-----------

JWP-----------Redmond------------Tadic

-----------------Austin-------------------

Edited by Saint Garrett

Would quite like to see the below...

---------------McCarthy-----------------

Pied --- Bednarek --- Yoshida --- Bertrand

----------Romeu-----Hojbjerg-----------

JWP-----------Redmond------------Tadic

-----------------Austin-------------------

My team too.

I love it when football fans use the word disgrace to describe something relatively innocuous .

The whole game is innocuous. A bunch of men running around kicking a piece of plastic into a frame with a net attached.

What word should I use for his performance, "mildly irritating"? Or is that going to offend someone who got soap in their eye?

I'd go Bednarek and Hoedt for this one. Stephens definitely should not come back into the team, Bednarek has shown he is better than him.

Yoshida is miles better than Hoedt. If anything it should be him and Jan IMO. Hoedt has been a bit of a disaster.

Yoshida is miles better than Hoedt. If anything it should be him and Jan IMO. Hoedt has been a bit of a disaster.

Hoedt is a complete bambi on ice. I honestly cannot see anyone coming in for him in the summer, I’ve not been impressed with him at all. Looks like his legs are too long for him to manage half the time, and his height doesn't benefit us as he's not physically strong enough to win aerial duels anyway.

And add to the fact he is another passive player, not very vocal and certainly not a leader. Another win for our great Ross.

Hoedt is a complete bambi on ice. I honestly cannot see anyone coming in for him in the summer, I’ve not been impressed with him at all. Looks like his legs are too long for him to manage half the time, and his height doesn't benefit us as he's not physically strong enough to win aerial duels anyway.

And add to the fact he is another passive player, not very vocal and certainly not a leader. Another win for our great Ross.

And terrible at man-marking. Admittedly he was pushed in the back yesterday but he should have been behind Morata instead of yards in front of him.

I don't think Hoedt is as bad as people make out. Not as good as Fonte and VVD obviously.

Positional sense is poor, reading of the game is poor, slow as hell, weak as ****, passive and non-vocal, clumsy and has very poor coordination.

Apart from that he's great.

Positional sense is poor, reading of the game is poor, slow as hell, weak as ****, passive and non-vocal, clumsy and has very poor coordination.

Apart from that he's great.

he just isn't cut out to be a PL centreback- give me thugs like burnley/brighton centrebacks who are physical over the rubbish we have now.

he just isn't cut out to be a PL centreback- give me thugs like burnley/brighton centrebacks who are physical over the rubbish we have now.

I don't understand our recruitment since Koemans 2nd season really (Clasie, Juanmi, Cedric, Hoedt, Gabbiadni, Boufal, Hojberjg)- it's like we've forgotten we're a PL team. Just sign loads of technically gifted, yet physically lightweight players, sell all your power, pace and leaders and expect to do ok in the quick and powerful PL.

Weird.

I don't understand our recruitment since Koemans 2nd season really (Clasie, Juanmi, Cedric, Hoedt, Gabbiadni, Boufal, Hojberjg)- it's like we've forgotten we're a PL team. Just sign loads of technically gifted, yet physically lightweight players, sell all your power, pace and leaders and expect to do ok in the quick and powerful PL.

Weird.

Used to say that we should have had a mix of proven premier league players with the likes of hoj

But no, les wanted fancy foreigners as late in the window as possible

I don't think Hoedt is as bad as people make out. Not as good as Fonte and VVD obviously.

I’m not sure any of them are terrible players but none of them are the co-ordinating dominant aerially center back we desperately needed. The fact we spent 15m on him as a direct van dijk replacement is why people are critical.

I thought Hoedt was excellent against Leicester. He hasn't been consistent enough and there are areas where he can improve.

I'd be surprised if the club sold him in the summer even if we were to go down. The club won't want to make a loss on him and I don't see many willing to pay seven figures for him.

You youngsters make me laugh, you think history started when you stopped wearing nappies.

Pokesdown station was originally called Boscombe. It’s name was changed to Pokesdown when the newer Boscombe station opened.

Boscombe is a place in its own right and hasn’t always been a suburb of Bournemouth.

Besides, if the fans of AFC Bournemouth (1972) want to also refer to it as Boscombe who are we to argue?

I have a history degree so have got past the nappies bit. In the same way I can cope with Constantinople being Istanbul I can cope with boscombe being Bournemouth. I just don't get why some people can't.

I have a history degree so have got past the nappies bit. In the same way I can cope with Constantinople being Istanbul I can cope with boscombe being Bournemouth. I just don't get why some people can't.

Istanbul???

When did that happen?

I’ve only just got used to calling it Byzantium.

Sorry, but you're plain wrong. They're in kings park, a suburb of Bournemouth. The school a couple of hundred yards away is called kings park. Bosombe is also a suburb of Bournemouth. It's pier is indeed closer than Bournemouth, but pokesdown train station is closer than Bournemouth, so why not call them Pokesdown? Do we call manure Newton Heath? Or Birmingham small Heath? No, course not - persisting with boscombe is pathetic.

For someone with a history degree, I've highlighted the errors for you.

:thumbup:

Apart from that, having lived 100 yards from Dean Court I know full well that those who live in Bournemouth do tend to think of their 'districts' as separate entities and Boscombe as somewhere very different, particularly because of the influx of non-English and Scousers over the years as well as those terrible 'drug' things they have. Bournemouth was as different to Boscombe as it was to Poole, Christchurch and every other bit of it. Anyway, as they used to be called 'Boscombe' and some still refer to e.g. Arsenal as "Woolwich" it's entirely acceptable to refer to them in those terms. I think it's stupid, but that's just my opinion as I've always just thought of them as "Bournemouth" because that's how they were referred to when people outside of the area local to them spoke about them.

Insisting on calling Bournemouth "Boscombe" is all a bit Hipster Football isn't it? It like those blokes that have started pronouncing CSK Moskow 'Siska Moskow' It's all a bit Punk IPA Ale, 'Oooh look at my vinyl collection' 'I've got a sailor tattoo and a beard' It's that bloke you avoid in the pub on match day, as you know he's going to be armed with stats from La Liga..and he's going to make sure you know it.

I thought Hoedt was excellent against Leicester. He hasn't been consistent enough and there are areas where he can improve.

I'd be surprised if the club sold him in the summer even if we were to go down. The club won't want to make a loss on him and I don't see many willing to pay seven figures for him.

The difference is that they didn't have any big/powerful centre backs. He struggles big time against powerful centre forwards, just doesn't have the physichque. Thankfully neither do Bournemouth...

Insisting on calling Bournemouth "Boscombe" is all a bit Hipster Football isn't it? It like those blokes that have started pronouncing CSK Moskow 'Siska Moskow' It's all a bit Punk IPA Ale, 'Oooh look at my vinyl collection' 'I've got a sailor tattoo and a beard' It's that bloke you avoid in the pub on match day, as you know he's going to be armed with stats from La Liga..and he's going to make sure you know it.

I much prefer Bompey seeing as they hate us as much as the skates do these days !