Saints v Boscome

redkeith

Used to say that we should have had a mix of proven premier league players with the likes of hoj

But no, les wanted fancy foreigners as late in the window as possible

City are getting a decent tune out of their fancy foreigners

Insisting on calling Bournemouth "Boscombe" is all a bit Hipster Football isn't it? It like those blokes that have started pronouncing CSK Moskow 'Siska Moskow' It's all a bit Punk IPA Ale, 'Oooh look at my vinyl collection' 'I've got a sailor tattoo and a beard' It's that bloke you avoid in the pub on match day, as you know he's going to be armed with stats from La Liga..and he's going to make sure you know it.

CSKA are now pronounced CSKA. I am awaiting Camp Nou to return to Nou Camp

For someone with a history degree, I've highlighted the errors for you.

:thumbup:

Apart from that, having lived 100 yards from Dean Court I know full well that those who live in Bournemouth do tend to think of their 'districts' as separate entities and Boscombe as somewhere very different, particularly because of the influx of non-English and Scousers over the years as well as those terrible 'drug' things they have. Bournemouth was as different to Boscombe as it was to Poole, Christchurch and every other bit of it. Anyway, as they used to be called 'Boscombe' and some still refer to e.g. Arsenal as "Woolwich" it's entirely acceptable to refer to them in those terms. I think it's stupid, but that's just my opinion as I've always just thought of them as "Bournemouth" because that's how they were referred to when people outside of the area local to them spoke about them.

Makes me laugh all the Woolwich chants and the constant references to them as that in the media. I just wish they could be referred to as Arsenal for once.

I was born on Boscombe Pier and grew up on Bournemouth Pier, my degree was in Bournemouth district studies and I think anyone who calls them Boscombe is a sad tw at

Funny one this, build up from our side is quite flat having lost the semi final and majority of the fan base resigned to relegation as a done deal, in someways the pressure is off now, we’ve stopped hoping and expectations are at rock bottom. Most of the lads I was chatting to at Leicester were talking about next years away days in the Championship.

The fact Bournemouth fans are so excited about relegating us shows how one sided the ‘rivalry ‘ is, i remember putting money in their buckets on more than one occasion , and our signing of Neil Moss to bail them out, time to call in a favour this weekend as repayment. They haven’t finished above us in the league since the mid 50s so fair play this must be a landmark season for them.

They’ve never scored at St Mary’s so that is bound to happen. My money is on Defoe.

Hoedt is a truly dreadfall player so dropped for Stephens please.

Chris, he's no more dreadful than Stephens, neither can head a ball which is all a CB is paid for. Let's give Bednarek a run alongside Yoshi in a back four, we don't need a five across the back against the Cherries from Littledown so an attacking 4-3-2-1.

Insisting on calling Bournemouth "Boscombe" is all a bit Hipster Football isn't it? It like those blokes that have started pronouncing CSK Moskow 'Siska Moskow' It's all a bit Punk IPA Ale, 'Oooh look at my vinyl collection' 'I've got a sailor tattoo and a beard' It's that bloke you avoid in the pub on match day, as you know he's going to be armed with stats from La Liga..and he's going to make sure you know it.

:lol: don't forget the manbun and the shoes without socks.

You don't actually understand all this do you?

Nobody has suddenly started calling them Boscombe, people have been calling them that for over 100 years. It's not some new fashion. Those who really know and love their football and its history will understand the background of the club and appreciate its rise to the top division.

If you've never heard of it before then you've been walking around with your eyes and ears shut.

Nobody has suddenly started calling them Boscombe, people have been calling them that for over 100 years. It's not some new fashion. Those who really know and love their football and its history will understand the background of the club and appreciate its rise to the top division.

If you've never heard of it before then you've been walking around with your eyes and ears shut.

Correct.

My mum and dad were only living in Southampton because it was between her family in London and his family in Boscombe. My dad was born in Boscombe as was his dad and his brother. That side of the family all called them Boscombe. When my mums family moved to Southbourne in 1970 from London my Grandad joined the con club and all his mates there called them Boscombe. When we moved from Southampton to Dorset ,via Taunton, all my dads old school friends that he re-hooked up with, called them Boscombe. At the middle school I joined following the move, all the kids called them Boscombe. I can assure everyone that none of the people mentioned were “hipsters”. Calling them Boscombe was exactly the same as people around Southampton saying Saints when referring to the team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They started life as Boscombe FC - so their supporters tend to refer to them as Cherries or Boscombe. I remember them as Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic and changing to AFC Bournemouth in the seventies.

Bournemouth FC play in the Wessex League - might have some local derbies with them before too long

Probably thinks Boscombe is in Dorset as well.

Funny one this, build up from our side is quite flat having lost the semi final and majority of the fan base resigned to relegation as a done deal, in someways the pressure is off now, we’ve stopped hoping and expectations are at rock bottom. Most of the lads I was chatting to at Leicester were talking about next years away days in the Championship.

The fact Bournemouth fans are so excited about relegating us shows how one sided the ‘rivalry ‘ is, i remember putting money in their buckets on more than one occasion , and our signing of Neil Moss to bail them out, time to call in a favour this weekend as repayment. They haven’t finished above us in the league since the mid 50s so fair play this must be a landmark season for them.

They’ve never scored at St Mary’s so that is bound to happen. My money is on Defoe.

I think you will find they have scored there before

It wasn't an insult mate ...it was an observation. People have been wearing beards, sailor tattoos & braces for year!s..hipsters hate new fashion!! They love a bit of retro Boscombe action! Wear your hipster badge with pride.!

Correct.

My mum and dad were only living in Southampton because it was between her family in London and his family in Boscombe. My dad was born in Boscombe as was his dad and his brother. That side of the family all called them Boscombe. When my mums family moved to Southbourne in 1970 from London my Grandad joined the con club and all his mates there called them Boscombe. When we moved from Southampton to Dorset ,via Taunton, all my dads old school friends that he re-hooked up with, called them Boscombe. At the middle school I joined following the move, all the kids called them Boscombe. I can assure everyone that none of the people mentioned were “hipsters”. Calling them Boscombe was exactly the same as people around Southampton saying Saints when referring to the team.

Ha! **** me sideways, in my years reading this forum I think I know about your family history better than mine!

Managed to skip my way through the history lessons.

Redmond has to start. His recent sub appearances have been good. Lemina shouldn't even make the bench. Would like to see JWP involved purely for set pieces. Hoedt out and go for a back 4. We need to attack.

However, I think Swansea will probably get a result against Chelsea.

Correct.

Beardy bloke calling team by fake name = definite hipster.

I think you will find they have scored there before

Fair enough, only games I can remember are;

16/17 - 0-0

15/16 - 2-0 Saints

10/11 - 2-0 saints in league and 2-0 in cup in same season

Have they played there is a Hampshire senior Cup or something like that?

It wasn't an insult mate ...it was an observation. People have been wearing beards, sailor tattoos & braces for year!s..hipsters hate new fashion!! They love a bit of retro Boscombe action! Wear your hipster badge with pride.!

No worries, it’s all in jest.

In my day they were called beatniks. Now they end up as leader of the Labour Party, or something.

I feel sick to my stomach about this game. We can do this, Everton were rubbish last night and one win might just galvanise us....or am I clutching at straws?

Time to give it everything, it’s better to burn out than to fade away.

McCarthy

Berty

Bednerak

Yoshida

Cedric

Romeu

Hojbjerg

JWP

Tadic

Redmond

Austin

Redmond has looked ok coming on as a sub, we need JWP for his set pieces and like it or not Tadic links the play better than anyone. Austin will benefit from 90 minutes on Sunday.

WE CAN DO IT!!

Fair enough, only games I can remember are;

16/17 - 0-0

15/16 - 2-0 Saints

10/11 - 2-0 saints in league and 2-0 in cup in same season

Have they played there is a Hampshire senior Cup or something like that?

Apologies on my part you are correct all these losses are taking their toll on my memory.

We have won 1 of the last 21 in the league but peeps on here think we will suddenly win 3 of the next 4 :rolleyes:

Never going to happen :shakey:

This will be the same nervous, slow, error ridden crap - same as last 2 years. :spaz:

love it honesty at its best.

In those days Ottawa was pretty much a very small town. In those days Canada still had to run any parliamentary decision by the Queen.

It’s a pretty big city now and (in my opinion) a wonderful place to live. The only thing I miss about Britain is being able to go to a game and a decent curry, good fish and chips, haggis supper and black pudding. :lol:

Oh and tea, my mum sends it over. :lol:

Been a tough season with Saints being so bad I usually look to our ice hockey team, the Ottawa Senators to ease the pain but they finished 2nd last out of 31 teams.

At least they won't get relegated. In fact they get rewarded with a high draft pick. We could learn something from North American sports. :(

The 11 should be:

McCarthy

Cedric

Bednerak

Yoshida

Stephens

Bertrand

Romeu

Hojbjerg

JWP

Long

Austin

Christ no.

Five defenders and absolutely zero creativity.

Back four.

Romeu and Hojbjerg.

JWP, Redmond, Tadic

Austin

Swap Gabbi or Long for JWP fairly early if we're not scoring.

Swap Sims for Tadic or Redmond if they're not having a good game.

Christ no.

Back four.

Romeu and Hojbjerg.

JWP, Redmond, Tadic

Austin

Agree with that. Much better chance of actually scoring a goal.

Christ no.

Back four.

Romeu and Hojbjerg.

JWP, Redmond, Tadic

Austin

Having three centrebacks does allow us to put Cedric and Bertrand on the overlap like we did very well against Chelsea in the home game.

The biggest problem is their crossing, The amount of overhit crosses is a joke.

Having three centrebacks does allow us to put Cedric and Bertrand on the overlap like we did very well against Chelsea in the home game.

The biggest problem is their crossing, The amount of overhit crosses is a joke.

Cedric isn't good enough to play in that position, I'd prefer Pied there.

I can only see either a Bournemouth win or a draw. Neither good enough now.

Hats off to Eddie Howe, he's done an amazing job there and they do play some good stuff.

Us on the other hand.....

I can see us winning actually. At least that would give us a base of hoping to avoid relegation at Swansea.

---------------------------- McCarthy ------------------------------

-------- Bednarek --------- Yoshida ------------ Hoedt -----------

JWP ------------------------------------------------------ McQueen

------------------- Hojbjerg ----------- Romeu --------------------

-------- Redmond -------------------------------- Tadic -----------

------------------------------- Austin -------------------------------

Subs: Forster, Bertrand, Cedric, Lemina, Hesketh, Sims, Long

City are getting a decent tune out of their fancy foreigners

But they do buy theirs from the proven pedigree market, whereas we look for bargain basement, possibly with potential (for creaming a bigger club in a year or so).

That strategy worked well with Mane but has proved our undoing by bringing in some that were talented but needed further development (Lemina, Boufal). On top of which it seems we by-passed looking too closely at their questionable attitude.

---------------------------- McCarthy ------------------------------

-------- Bednarek --------- Yoshida ------------ Hoedt -----------

JWP ------------------------------------------------------ McQueen

------------------- Hojbjerg ----------- Romeu --------------------

-------- Redmond -------------------------------- Tadic -----------

------------------------------- Austin -------------------------------

Subs: Forster, Bertrand, Cedric, Lemina, Hesketh, Sims, Long

I feel sorry for the many managers we’ve had as whatever team we put out several individuals choose to have a crap game.

Lemina and Romeu have been a menace in midfield but right now they are just weak as a pair.

Defence is all over the place as Hoedt keeps falling over, Stephen’s powder puff while Yoshida sometimes has a shocker.

Then you look at Boufal, ha ha a dancing pansy with the woeful Redmond and JWP.

The only hope we have is when Tradic turns up as he makes us tick.

With all these poor players together you need to find the solution as to why they are all so bad and the answer lies with whoever bloody well spent 100m+

Reed, I think your time is up.