Saints v Boscome

redkeith

I never want to see Lemina in a Saints shirt again. Utter disgrace. Not fit to wear the famous shirt.

How on earth did he get picked? And how did he stay on, on a yellow? Contractual? Shop window? Liverpool insisted he gets match practice? I'd love to tell him what I think of him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, we know you are going to try and rile up others who are upset with refs by pushing a “we’d be top of the league if it wasn’t for refs” sarcasm tactic. Give up now troll.

Oh and it’s “who’s”.

We are all frustrated right now mate.

Just try n relax

Sorry but I'm just fuming with Refs right now.

Missed the handball b4 the Chelsea goal today, then disallowed Austins perfect goal and Shane longs penalty (Cahill push)

Last week missed the Alonso foul and don't even get me started on the EFL final last year or watford handball.

Refs have it out for us.

We are all frustrated right now mate.

Just try n relax

Sorry but I'm just fuming with Refs right now.

Missed the handball b4 the Chelsea goal today, then disallowed Austins perfect goal and Shane longs penalty (Cahill push)

Last week missed the Alonso foul and don't even get me started on the EFL final last year or watford handball.

Refs have it out for us.

Nope. Not buying it.

assuming other results go as expected, a point here will be enough. Point here, beat Swansea, and we have a good chance.

wtf?

We have to win the next 3 in a row. We cannot draw another game.

It is probably 90% already over, but to have people still saying we can get away with a 'point' is just daft.

wtf?

We have to win the next 3 in a row. We cannot draw another game.

It is probably 90% already over, but to have people still saying we can get away with a 'point' is just daft.

Absolutely no way that 38 points will be required. Look at the fixtures, there is no reason to think that Swansea or stoke are about to go on a winning streak.

Absolutely no way that 38 points will be required. Look at the fixtures, there is no reason to think that Swansea or stoke are about to go on a winning streak.

We need to win the 3 games to put ourselves on the front foot, you're probably right in that 38 points will be enough, but if we go into the City game with less than 35 points then it's game over. We need to go into that game with our head above water.

We need to win the 3 games to put ourselves on the front foot, you're probably right in that 38 points will be enough, but if we go into the City game with less than 35 points then it's game over. We need to go into that game with our head above water.

I still think that 4 wins can be achieved.

I will stick with my prediction of 17th, which I announced at the start of the season.

It is as simple as this: We MUST win this game!! If we can win it, we should find ourselves breathing down the necks of the teams above us:

• Saints would move on to 32 points.

• Swansea will achieve no better than a draw at home to Chelsea. They will have 33 or 34 points.

• West Ham are playing Man City. They are likely to lose. They would then have 35 points.

• Brighton are away against Burnley. I would expect them to lose that game. They would then have 36 points.

• If Huddersfield win at home to Everton and get three points we would struggle to catch them. They would have 38 points. However if they lose or draw, I don't see them getting any points from their remaining fixtures, so on 35 or 36 points they would still be catchable.

We have to win, we have to attack, please no nervy passing backwards, get at them, go 1-0 up early doors and keep going, I want a comfortable win. They're really not that good a side. They'll come here and park the bus because they know that they avoid defeat and they'll be safe virtually.

sorry might be a minor thing but seeing Boscombe to refer to Bournemouth in the build up thread is annoying and to have it spelt wrong is even more irritating :lol:

no offence to the OP, but mods could you change it to Bournemouth! i'm a firm believer in omens and seeing it spelt wrong will suggest it will go wrong on matchday when we lose:uhoh:

anyway, onto the game, an absolute must win, no two ways about, Hughes will know that, up to him to instil some bottle in these players. I don't buy this cr*p about not being able to commit players forward as we might get hit on the counter- other clubs seem to ******** do it- so when we attack let's get numbers in the box and throw ourselves at it.

McCarthy

Maya Stephens Bednarek

Cedric Romeu PEH Bertrand

Redmond Tadic

Austin

I would play this, and when we attack, we need Bertrand and Cedric to make those overlapping runs and PEH and Romeu to cover for their attacking runs when attacking- all so often these past couple of games its been long balls to Austin with no one within 30 yards of him! ridiculous football. let's keep the ball on the ground and smash these bournemouth tw*ts.

assuming other results go as expected, a point here will be enough. Point here, beat Swansea, and we have a good chance.

For me, a win against Bournemouth is crucial. Win and we’ll be breathing down Swansea’s neck assuming they don’t pull a rabbit out of the hat against Chelsea.

Agreed, a mod needs to change the thread title. Not to mention that Boscombe is spelt incorrectly anyway, embarrassing on two counts. :mcinnes:

3 counts actually - he suggests lamina should start ahead of peh. He is clearly a moron.

They were originally called Boscombe then later Bournemouth and Boscombe and then AFC Bournemouth and their ground is actually in Boscombe.

Old habits die hard.

They were originally boscombe, but added the Bournemouth bit in 1923. So unless you're over 100 suggest you should have gotten over this by now. And anyway, they're not "in" boscombe, they're in kings park. Both of which are in Bournemouth.

They were originally boscombe, but added the Bournemouth bit in 1923. So unless you're over 100 suggest you should have gotten over this by now. And anyway, they're not "in" boscombe, they're in kings park. Both of which are in Bournemouth.

Nope. They are in Boscombe. You might consider that to be a suburb or Bournemouth today but definitely in Boscombe. Their ground is a lot closer to Boscombe Pier than Bournemouth Pier and a common chant amongst their fa is is “Boscombe, Boscombe”

"Assuming" - well that's the problem. You can't assume in this league. Anyhow, we need to focus on ourselves. Let's get the wins we need and not focus on trying to work out which teams we want to win.

We absolutely have to win this, no ifs or buts.

I will likely be fretting about this all week. Get up early on Saturday and while I’m showering fantasize about some heroic blood and thunder winning performance only to be jolted back to the sickening reality of more tepid tepideness than Tadic went to study tepdity at tepid university in tepidsville. **** this football club right now!

Nope. They are in Boscombe. You might consider that to be a suburb or Bournemouth today but definitely in Boscombe. Their ground is a lot closer to Boscombe Pier than Bournemouth Pier and a common chant amongst their fa is is “Boscombe, Boscombe”

Sorry, but you're plain wrong. They're in kings park, a suburb of Bournemouth. The school a couple of hundred yards away is called kings park. Bosombe is also a suburb of Bournemouth. It's pier is indeed closer than Bournemouth, but pokesdown train station is closer than Bournemouth, so why not call them Pokesdown? Do we call manure Newton Heath? Or Birmingham small Heath? No, course not - persisting with boscombe is pathetic.

From a geeky point of view I'm finding the history lesson interesting.

Would love to see the team go forward and cut AFCB to bits. Hughes like muscle and target men which is a shame as Les has brought in loads of amazing free flowing footballers..

It will be interesting to see who Hughes chooses.

Having slated both Redmond and tadic this season I'm almost ashamed to say I'd start them both, either side of Austin. Back to a back four with Romeu, jwp and peh in midfield. Not sure on the centre backs. Probably Maya with one other. The full backs pick themselves. Absolutely must win. Think we're down anyway but anything short of a win will confirm it as a definite for me.

Sorry, but you're plain wrong. They're in kings park, a suburb of Bournemouth. The school a couple of hundred yards away is called kings park. Bosombe is also a suburb of Bournemouth. It's pier is indeed closer than Bournemouth, but pokesdown train station is closer than Bournemouth, so why not call them Pokesdown? Do we call manure Newton Heath? Or Birmingham small Heath? No, course not - persisting with boscombe is pathetic.

My grandad was born in Boscombe in 1899. They were Boscombe Cheeries and the Team from Bournemouth were Bournemouth poppies. When Boscombe entered the football league, they added Bournemouth as it was more well known. Lots of old timers, supporters call them Boscombe, it’s just as natural as are supporters calling us Saints. It’s totally different from other sides old names. It’s like Gooners, or Baggies. Get off your high horse you pious knob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You youngsters make me laugh, you think history started when you stopped wearing nappies.

Pokesdown station was originally called Boscombe. It’s name was changed to Pokesdown when the newer Boscombe station opened.

Boscombe is a place in its own right and hasn’t always been a suburb of Bournemouth.

Besides, if the fans of AFC Bournemouth (1972) want to also refer to it as Boscombe who are we to argue?