Season Ticket Prices

spyinthesky

Any ideas when details will be announced?

Can't wait for the excitement of being told I will be getting 3 extra games for the same price as this year plus a bit added on for inflation.

Think season ticket take up will be around the modest 10 - 12,000 mark next season, if the Board dont take a sensible line on pricing, so the likelihood of some crowds of 15k ish on cold nights when we are mired in the middle/bottom half of the table could be on the cards.

Still it might be good to actually witness an occasional 'WIN', whatever that that feels like.

I’d like to see lower prices regardless of what league we are in next season, when you compare our “cheapest” season ticket to comparable clubs like Stoke, WBA, Swansea and Huddersfield you realise we pay a lot more.

However we all know that we’ll shed a lot of “fans” who are just there to see premier league football, and the array of empty seats at Wembley today showed the process of shedding our part time fans is well under way.

My bet on a standard adult championship season ticket is £499.

It will be a slight drop but not enough along with some serious shiny PR boll*cks and a spanking new slogan like ‘Saints REBORN’.

That’s a £200 drop - won’t happen

Not when we will have to pay wages of around £48k a week to Stephens. It’s got to come from somewhere

I dread to think what Heodt is on

I guess “because that’s what the market is”, but how the fück someone as bang average as Stephens gets £2.5m/year is all that’s wrong with football. This bloke earns more in one week than I do in a year and he’s Jack fücking Stephens. He’s not even got an exciting name ffs

https://southamptonfc.com/news/2017-03-28/southampton-2017-18-season-ticket-prices-announcement

last season they announced prices on the 28th of March!

this season they know we are deep in the mire- the club would be stupid if they don't reduce season ticket prices- who cares if it is an extra 3 home games, it is a lower quality of football and midweek games are a write off for me anyway.

https://southamptonfc.com/news/2017-03-28/southampton-2017-18-season-ticket-prices-announcement

this season they know we are deep in the mire- the club would be stupid if they don't reduce season ticket prices- who cares if it is an extra 3 home games, it is a lower quality of football and midweek games are a write off for me anyway.

problem is the club leadership is STUPID

How much lower quality of football can it be than the ****e served up this season?

I remember going to WBA a few years ago, the game where Lallana came on and scored, when they and us were both deep in the PL mire with about 4 games to go. They were selling early bird season tickets for about £299 irrespective of which league the club ended up in the next year.

If the club had any sense they would be putting them out now at a considerable discount - if we stay up the PL money covers any loss. You could argue that a lot of people will renew at full price anyway, but it looks like there are any number of people who won't - the club needs to find a way to keep it's core support if it goes down and without discounting now and locking people into another season it will surely be harder to get people back next year, at full or near full price, and once the big names have all drifted away.

Can't wait for the excitement of being told I will be getting 3 extra games for the same price as this year plus a bit added on for inflation.

it's four extra games isn't it?

Swansea (very) early bird price of £419 amounts to just £22 a game. that sounds pretty good to me. I wonder what our prices will be next season. Just as a guide:

23 x £20 = £460

23 x £22 = £506

23 x £25 = £575

23 x £30 = £690

I remember going to WBA a few years ago, the game where Lallana came on and scored, when they and us were both deep in the PL mire with about 4 games to go. They were selling early bird season tickets for about £299 irrespective of which league the club ended up in the next year.

That game was in the Championship 2007/08 and they were so "deep in the mire" that they ended up winning the league.

That game was in the Championship 2007/08 and they were so "deep in the mire" that they ended up winning the league.

Epic fail:blush:

It didn't make much sense when I wrote it cos I couldn't work out when AL would have been in a relegation slog! It also rather undermines the point that STs were put out cheap in terms of relegation, obvs what I meant to say was when we get the near the top of the champs but we are not guaranteed automatic we quickly get the tickets out at a decent price irrespective of whether we go up or not. Doh!

They should give them away for free to people who have been going for the last 2 seasons.

Actually, no, they will need to pay me. I think that's fair.

I was thinking the same. As a thank you for our support, the players have set up a fund to part/fully fund season tickets next season.

Won't happen, but if it would be a welcome gesture if the players show their regret over poor performance by putting their money where their mouth is.

I was thinking the same. As a thank you for our support, the players have set up a fund to part/fully fund season tickets next season.

Won't happen, but if it would be a welcome gesture if the players show their regret over poor performance by putting their money where their mouth is.

Half of them won't be here next season if we go down so that won't happen !

Any ideas when details will be announced?

Can't wait for the excitement of being told I will be getting 4 extra games for the same price as this year

Yep would not surprise me if they try and say something like that, they can't have it both ways though as we didn't get a reduction when we went up for getting 4 games less, nor did they stay the same for getting 4 games less - they put the prices up .

Apart from the **** football last season and the continued crap transfer windows the main reason I decided not to renew our season tickets was the dropping of the cheaper renewal fee compared to new buys , Showed me my loyalty ment nothing ! I wonder if that will be the same next season .

Season Ticket prices last time we were in the Championship.....

(Adult Renewals)

Centre - £515

Wings/Goals - £465

Family Section - £380

(Concession Renewals)

Centre - £415

Wings/Goals - £375

Family Section - £277

(Under 17 Renewals)

Centre - £340

Wings/Goals - £270

Family Section - £170

(Under 11 Renewals)

Centre - £85

Wings/Goals - £85

Family Section - FREE

Match tickets bought in advance

Adults -

Centre £30

Wings/Goals £27

Family Section £23

Concessions £25 £22 £15

U17's £20 £14 £10

U11's £5 £5 Free

Season Ticket prices last time we were in the Championship.....

(Adult Renewals)

Centre - £515

Wings/Goals - £465

Family Section - £380

(Concession Renewals)

Centre - £415

Wings/Goals - £375

Family Section - £277

(Under 17 Renewals)

Centre - £340

Wings/Goals - £270

Family Section - £170

(Under 11 Renewals)

Centre - £85

Wings/Goals - £85

Family Section - FREE

Match tickets bought in advance

Adults -

Centre £30

Wings/Goals £27

Family Section £23

Concessions £25 £22 £15

U17's £20 £14 £10

U11's £5 £5 Free

Ahh good days both my kids where under 11 back then so with a ticket in the family area (most of the chapel at the time) I got both the kids season tickets for free and got 3 STs for £380 not bad for one of the most enjoyable seasons of football I've ever had (Reading at Home aside)

I’d like to see lower prices regardless of what league we are in next season, when you compare our “cheapest” season ticket to comparable clubs like Stoke, WBA, Swansea and Huddersfield you realise we pay a lot more.

I think a better comparison would be Brighton or Bournemouth.

I think a better comparison would be Brighton or Bournemouth.

Bournemouth this season cheapest adult ticket £550 frozen for the third year running. Lowest home matchday ticket £32

Brighton cheapest £515 (350 concessions). Halfway line £730 (£500 concessions)

Brighton renewals started from the 5th February.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2018/february/season-ticket-renewals-for-201819/

I paid £570 this season for Kingsland/Northam corner this season - should be £100 less for Championship but amazed if it is.

If they don't slash the prices for next season in the Championship, they will be lucky to get crowds above 12k. Administration and league one here we come. Again

They have a good barometer of current levels of fan interest by the semi final.

Selling tickets at £500+ for championship football next season, will see season ticket take-up plunge. Probably to the lowest levels since we left the Dell. We have been served ****e football for two seasons and there will be a wave of the better players leaving. Whatever peoples' attitudes to those who leave, the quality will be reduced.

I think £450 is still steep, but would see season tickets at around 15k.

Still makes the queue for the half-time toilet easier, and makes the get out simpler...

They have a good barometer of current levels of fan interest by the semi final.

Selling tickets at £500+ for championship football next season, will see season ticket take-up plunge. Probably to the lowest levels since we left the Dell. We have been served ****e football for two seasons and there will be a wave of the better players leaving. Whatever peoples' attitudes to those who leave, the quality will be reduced.

I think £450 is still steep, but would see season tickets at around 15k.

Still makes the queue for the half-time toilet easier, and makes the get out simpler...

There might even be paper towels left at half time :)