The Joys of being a Saints fan

spyinthesky

In these disappointing times, I am cheering myself up by a few random 'football highs' experienced in my long association with the Saints.

* Coming back from 3-0 down in the last 12 mins to draw 3-3 with Nottm Forest at the Dell

* Winning the 2nd replay at WHL 5-0 in front of 30,000+ Saints fans

* Beating Wolves 9-3 and hitting the woodwork twice as well

* Two promotion games at Leyton Orient

* Winning the FA Cup

* Beating Liverpool 4-1 the year after promotion from Div 3

* Winning by the same score against a very good Liverpool side with a load of 'nippers' in the side

* A wonder Mike Channon goal in an evening 4-0 win at Oxford

* Signing Kevin Keegan (and Peter Shilton and a number of other very decent players in the McMenemy era)

* Beating Man Utd 6-3

* Any number of Mattys wonder goals, especially the wonderous late winner in the final game at the Dell

* Moving to a shiny new stadium from the cramped Dell.

* Beating Sunderland 8-0

* Watching Saints at the San Siro with 8,000 other Saints

These are just some of the highlights (and there are many more) with have been accentuated by a good deal of dross I have had to put up with during many, many years supporting Saints (thanks to my dear old Dad!!)

In these disappointing times, I am cheering myself up by a few random 'football highs' experienced in my long association with the Saints.

* Coming back from 3-0 down in the last 12 mins to draw 3-3 with Nottm Forest at the Dell

* Winning the 2nd replay at WHL 5-0 in front of 30,000+ Saints fans

* Beating Wolves 9-3 and hitting the woodwork twice as well

* Two promotion games at Leyton Orient

* Winning the FA Cup

* Beating Liverpool 4-1 the year after promotion from Div 3

* Winning by the same score against a very good Liverpool side with a load of 'nippers' in the side

* A wonder Mike Channon goal in an evening 4-0 win at Oxford

* Signing Kevin Keegan (and Peter Shilton and a number of other very decent players in the McMenemy era)

* Beating Man Utd 6-3

* Any number of Mattys wonder goals, especially the wonderous late winner in the final game at the Dell

* Moving to a shiny new stadium from the cramped Dell.

* Beating Sunderland 8-0

* Watching Saints at the San Siro with 8,000 other Saints

These are just some of the highlights (and there are many more) with have been accentuated by a good deal of dross I have had to put up with during many, many years supporting Saints (thanks to my dear old Dad!!)

Well said sir I lived through all that and also watched the Saints keep a 1 0 lead v Leeds to go to Wembley for the League Cup Final the longest 75 mins of my life.

Another sort of highlight was when we were in Div 1 I watched Hartlepool a team that always seem to be going out of the Football League but never did until recently.

By the way I have a friend who is a Manchester City fan who has gone through what we are going through at the moment but his commitment to his club has paid off.

He may get me a ticket for the Saints game but in the last year I have seen two games with him neither of which City