Mario Lemina

Born In The 80s

Haven't seen a thread on him yet but what a complete ****

Amazed he hasn't started getting booed. He doesn't give a **** and is barely running, let alone sprinting.

His game is also littered with huge, goal-costing mistakes which we have been horribly punished for.

I really don't want to see him in a Saints shirt again and he is one guy (not Redmond who always runs his heart out) deserves a ****ing rocket from the fans.

Wonder how much we get off a lower league Italian club for him? Currently, I'd be happy with 8m.

In a sense we're guilty of signing another 'big club' cast off, there's obviously reasons he hasn't made it elsewhere. I think he's got genuine quality, there's no doubting that....it's his mentality and application which needs to be questioned. He certainly doesn't look as dynamic or as quick as he did in the early days (Palace away for e.g.).

He's obviously suffering with confidence as per the rest of the side, but if anything it again shows that he's not really of the right mentality.

Have a look at Lemina's game history over the years. The first thing that will smack you in the face is how few games he's managed in any one season. I think his record is about 25 or 26. Compare that to your John Terry type, 45-50 games every season over 10 or 15 years and you'll see that Lemina is either made of glass or just an utter lightweight. Juventus sold him to us for a reason, they do not sell players they want to keep, except for stupid amounts of money like Pogba.

Clearly believes he is above saints.

Guess this is when Les Reed’s showcase club model bites you in the arse

So why did he sign for us then. Just for the money or got a boot up the backside from Juventus who didn't care to whom they sold him as long as they got their money. Mind you didn't we have an owner like that?

So why did he sign for us then. Just for the money or got a boot up the backside from Juventus who didn't care to whom they sold him as long as they got their money. Mind you didn't we have an owner like that?

Money, exposure in the premier league at a club that will happily sell quite quickly

Had he signed when Ronald was here, I think he would have flourished as we were at the other end of the table

In his defence - and this is pure speculation - he wasn't fit enough to make the travelling squad on Thursday, with back and hamstring problems, so it's hard to believe he was anything like fully fit three days later.

That may or may not explain why he barely broke into a sprint during the first half. He might have been moving as fast as he physically could.

However, I thought he was much improved in the second half, in terms of application and work rate, even if the quality - like the rest of the side - was sadly lacking.

I don't think he's mentally up to the pressure we're under, though. His early season swagger has been replaced by a nervy skittishness as the magnitude of our decline set in.

He's not alone in that that regard, either.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Money, exposure in the premier league at a club that will happily sell quite quickly

Had he signed when Ronald was here, I think he would have flourished as we were at the other end of the table

He's obviously a bit flawed mentally if he can't hack the tough times, bit of a negative mark against him really. I don't doubt he'd do well in a side that was flying, but you also need to have the ability to muck in when it's not. He's not interested in that side of it, like many of our players. That's why we can't get out of this slide.

He's obviously a bit flawed mentally if he can't hack the tough times, bit of a negative mark against him really. I don't doubt he'd do well in a side that was flying, but you also need to have the ability to muck in when it's not. He's not interested in that side of it, like many of our players. That's why we can't get out of this slide.

Boufal another. Worse than Ramirez in my opinion.

Gaston was in the side, did well enough in a team first up in the league.

He just never really established himself when Adkins left and just fell away

Boufal just has not done it at all

In the first half he was partly a victim of the system. We played with Romeu as a deep pivot and the other two midfielders fanning out either side. It meant Lemina wasn't on the ball too much to be a playmaker and also struggled to link with the forwards.

As Shurlock said, when the game opened up in the second half and we were looking to attack more he was pretty decent.

Frankly, it isn't going to help if any players are singled out for special treatment by the fans.

He strolled around the pitch without a care in the world yesterday. He's not the only one but he is a prime example of our bad our recruitment model has become. He'd be fine in a team doing well and would then get his move to Liverpool eventually but when the team is struggling he like most of the squad lack the desire and professionalism to put the team first.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

In his defence - and this is pure speculation - he wasn't fit enough to make the travelling squad on Thursday, with back and hamstring problems, so it's hard to believe he was anything like fully fit three days later.

That may or may not explain why he barely broke into a sprint during the first half. He might have been moving as fast as he physically could.

However, I thought he was much improved in the second half, in terms of application and work rate, even if the quality - like the rest of the side - was sadly lacking.

I don't think he's mentally up to the pressure we're under, though. His early season swagger has been replaced by a nervy skittishness as the magnitude of our decline set in.

He's not alone in that that regard, either.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Good post, I agree

In the first half he was partly a victim of the system. We played with Romeu as a deep pivot and the other two midfielders fanning out either side. It meant Lemina wasn't on the ball too much to be a playmaker and also struggled to link with the forwards.

As Shurlock said, when the game opened up in the second half and we were looking to attack more he was pretty decent.

Frankly, it isn't going to help if any players are singled out for special treatment by the fans.

Agree. Lemina was actually very good in the second half. Personally I'd rather have at least some players in the side who have genuine skills and abilities, and who can turn games, even if their mental application isn't always good. Better that, than a team full of players who are "fully committed", but fall well short on skill, pace, creativity.

He's the central midfield version of Tadic.

Hugely talented, can change or control a game on his own if he plays at his best, looks superb in a confident team which is playing well... but goes into hiding when it gets tough, is inconsistent at best, lazy at worst and appears to consider himself too good for a club in our situation, despite being one of the reasons why we're in this situation.

Like Tadic, there have been games where he has looked world class and unplayable. Also like Tadic, there have been games where I don't remember him being on the field, or where his mistakes have cost us.

He's the central midfield version of Tadic.

Hugely talented, can change or control a game on his own if he plays at his best, looks superb in a confident team which is playing well... but goes into hiding when it gets tough, is inconsistent at best, lazy at worst and appears to consider himself too good for a club in our situation, despite being one of the reasons why we're in this situation.

Like Tadic, there have been games where he has looked world class and unplayable. Also like Tadic, there have been games where I don't remember him being on the field, or where his mistakes have cost us.

Disagree, Tadic has a much better attitude than Lemina

Disagree, Tadic has a much better attitude than Lemina

When playing anywhere near his best, I agree.

When not, Tadic spends more time waving his arms about and moaning at his team mates, than he does contributing anything useful. To be fair, Lemina doesn't do that, instead he has that stupid sad look on his face and mopes around the field half-heartedly. The end result is the same in both cases, they don't offer anything to the game when their heads gone.