Wonderful Saints moments...

OttawaSaint

With all that's going on and the difficult time our beloved club is going through, how about a thread devoted to little stories of some of your wonderful Saints moments/memories.

Moments that you look back on and make you smile and reminisce at how great they were at the time that gave you the best feeling in the world.

I'll start:

This was when Leeds were in the top division. My Dad, my (sadly dearly departed brother) and I were crammed in with about 500-1000 fellow Saints fans. Leeds were the top team in those days, vying for the title with Man Utd.

Of course being at home and roared on by their deafening home crowd they raced into a 3-1 lead. Steve Hodge was running the show. We were right near the pitch and I shouted, "SOMEBODY GET ON HODGE!!" and (probably co-incidentally) two Saints players (I think it was Hurlock and Cockerill) absolutely destroyed him, making him a Hodge sandwich. My brother always used to say "somebody get on Hodge!" when he wanted the team to get stuck in (regardless of who was playing) as it became a stupid joke between us.

Anyway, Saints started to get a grip on the game and got one back. The last 10 minutes we chanted and sung non-stop trying to drive the lads on to snag an equalizer as the home fans started to get a bit nervous. Sure enough, Iain Dowie bundled in a late equalizer and I don't think I have experienced scenes of celebration quite like it, we were going absolutely nuts while all around us Leeds fans stood/sat in silence. My Dad managed to lose his keys in the mayhem and we were hugging complete strangers.

The walk back to the car was bloody scary though because they just let us out at the same time as the home crowd and we had to hide our scarves and look as ****ed off as everyone else. I think it wasn't until we hit the outskirts of Leeds in the car before we let out a collective cheer.

Brilliant memories!

Apart from those mentioned on the best premier league moments thread ,As I only started going regularly in our first season back down to the championship I'd say I really enjoyed both Plymouth and Orient away in our league 1 promotion season both times we took loads and the atmospheres were cracking !