Saints RELEGATED Liverpool WIN champions league

Heisenberg

Booing ex players must taste sweet to the likes of VVD etc now, whether they win it or not, their moves must feel justified. It certainly beats fighting relegation.

We are not exactly fighting relegation, it is just happening to us. Has the Board noticed? I wish we were fighting, the Le Tiss team escaped year after year because they had terrific spirit

Their moves feel justified?

WTF has their champions league wins got to do with it? They went to a bigger club with more fame and far more money. There would never have been any doubt over it being the right decision to leave, whether we were mid table or relegation fodder.

Just fits people's narrative of they sold players so went down. Carefully ignoring the fact that if we hadn't sold players in the first place, we'd never have even signed Van Dijk or Mane, and doubtful ever come 6th.

I'd rather they'd gone to another club but there we go. Irrelevant to our situation. We're going down despite there being 10 or so really average to poor squads. Far less expensive squads than ours, with less experience and fewer top 8 finishes. But that's why good managers are vital. We had an abysmal one, kept him too long and got relegated for it. Burnley had a good one and it turned an average squad on far less money into an effective team challenging for european places.

Burnley also had Eddie Howe for 2 years, who most pundits acknowledge is a good manager, but he left. A good manager, imo, is critical but even having a good manager doesn't mean that you will keep him for long.....

Given some of his PMs to me, definitely Phil.

I think BIG micky /Phil is partial to the odd/dailey knees up.

Just to be clear here I am quite willing to publish all of YOUR PM's to me.

Prior to YOUR PM to me telling me that I had to respect you, I had never received nor sent a single PM on this board for over 6 years, not one. In reply you got short shrift from me telling you to earn respect and not demand it, it irked you, and yet again YOU PM'd me. Again you got short shrift from me. YOU then sent me yet another PM saying that I was insulting you, even though you had pretty much insulted the entire fan base on a post that you had made, and that I was acting the BIG man. You then did the old 'triggered' thing - you need to explain that - I'm nearly 60 so it went right over me.

In order to conclude our dealings I replied telling you that you I found you tiresome and that I probably wouldn't respond to further PM's.

Gratefully, I've not received any further from you. BUT let's be clear, I did not PM you at any time - YOU PM'd me.

HTH.

Prior to YOUR PM to me telling me that I had to respect you, I had never received nor sent a single PM on this board for over 6 years, not one. In reply you got short shrift from me telling you to earn respect and not demand it, it irked you, and yet again YOU PM'd me. Again you got short shrift from me. YOU then sent me yet another PM saying that I was insulting you, even though you had pretty much insulted the entire fan base on a post that you had made, and that I was acting the BIG man. You then did the old 'triggered' thing - you need to explain that - I'm nearly 60 so it went right over me.

In order to conclude our dealings I replied telling you that you I found you tiresome and that I probably wouldn't respond to further PM's.

Gratefully, I've not received any further from you. BUT let's be clear, I did not PM you at any time - YOU PM'd me.

HTH.

Micky, i have had the same "respect me" horse shyt pms too and i have responded to him but and sent him a few of my own... .

As for the triggered nonsense that`s just the other odd balls humour...

TBH its quite sad really

Micky, i have had the same "respect me" horse shyt pms too and i have responded to him but and sent him a few of my own... .

As for the triggered nonsense that`s just the other odd balls humour...

TBH its quite sad really

(S)He's clearly mentally ill. We should probably feel sorry for him(her) and hope (s)he gets the help (s)he needs.

HTH.

I wish I got a PM from Heisenberg telling me to respect him. He doesn’t even know who I am.

Their moves feel justified?

WTF has their champions league wins got to do with it? They went to a bigger club with more fame and far more money. There would never have been any doubt over it being the right decision to leave, whether we were mid table or relegation fodder.

Just fits people's narrative of they sold players so went down. Carefully ignoring the fact that if we hadn't sold players in the first place, we'd never have even signed Van Dijk or Mane, and doubtful ever come 6th.

I'd rather they'd gone to another club but there we go. Irrelevant to our situation. We're going down despite there being 10 or so really average to poor squads. Far less expensive squads than ours, with less experience and fewer top 8 finishes. But that's why good managers are vital. We had an abysmal one, kept him too long and got relegated for it. Burnley had a good one and it turned an average squad on far less money into an effective team challenging for european places.

We've had good managers, too, who have challenged for European places. And guess what? Just like the players, the left for more money and prestige.

the system is set up so clubs like us cannot have nice things for very long, even when we put all in the effort to find them.

is Burnley the new Southampton? how long will it last? how long can it last before the system spits them up and chews them out? Would it shock anyone to see Burley in a relegation scrap two years from now? Nope.

Now, you cant say the same for the a certain 6 clubs that don't have to be named on here. Its not even remotely possible.

what it boils down to is the remaining 14 clubs in the League are interchangable, might as well be nameless, placeholders for the folly of the top 6. We are cat toys.

The history boys won’t win this, other external factors are not celestially aligned.

Yes there is a wedding in the Royal Family this year (which has happened the last 2 times they have won it), but the missing piece that will never (sadly) happen Ken Barlow won’t be marrying Deirdre yet again in Corrie (which is also what happened the last 2 times they won it).

So that should keep us safe :?

I wonder if the club will get a small windfall if Liverpool win the big cup with agreements in place for VvD, Manè and possibly the others?

You mean Gao and Katarina get a windfall. Personally I'd rather they didn't win it, and forgo the windfall.....

I'll be totally be supporting Real, can't stand Liverpool these days, grinning Klopp, their unbearable deluded fans, the saints traitors and they are just all round a hateful club. What annoys me most is the whole saga round transfers where their fans and the media just expect us to roll over and sell players to them like it's our duty to supply them with talent but as soon as another club does it to them it's an outrage and they go all victim mode.

Hopefully Real will beat them heavily (against their defence Ronaldo should be licking his lips, facing a centre-back like Lovren in the Champions League final is probably a dream for him) and then Real will announce they have signed Salah in the summer, that would be glorious.

I'll be totally be supporting Real, can't stand Liverpool these days, grinning Klopp, their unbearable deluded fans, the saints traitors and they are just all round a hateful club. What annoys me most is the whole saga round transfers where their fans and the media just expect us to roll over and sell players to them like it's our duty to supply them with talent but as soon as another club does it to them it's an outrage and they go all victim mode.

Hopefully Real will beat them heavily (against their defence Ronaldo should be licking his lips, facing a centre-back like Lovren in the Champions League final is probably a dream for him) and then Real will announce they have signed Salah in the summer, that would be glorious.

This

I really wish i was over the whole Liverpool thing, but I'm not. Absolutely hate everything about them. I hope they fail in the final but somehow I think their name is on it

I'll be totally be supporting Real, can't stand Liverpool these days, grinning Klopp, their unbearable deluded fans, the saints traitors and they are just all round a hateful club.

Klopp has had some kind of freakish dental job done - looks like he's got a set of falsies that are not glued in properly and have 3 teeth too many per mandible.

Doesn't cahnge much, though it does show how stupid the money in football has gone, £10 million to like a League 1/2 club is massive, to a non-league club that keeps them running for 10 years and like 10 years ago that buys us a star player and breaks our transfer record, but now it's pretty meaningless to us, even if we get relegated.

1981:

Member of royal family gets married

Liverpool win the CL

Pope dies

2005:

Liverpool win the CL

Pope dies

Member of royal family about to get married

Liverpool in the final of the CL

Someone better warn the pope

1981:

Liverpool win the CL

Pope dies

2005:

Liverpool win the CL

Pope dies

Member of royal family about to get married

Liverpool in the final of the CL

Someone better warn the pope

ha ha that’s crazy

Now we’re virtually safe I’m more than willing to cheer for Scousehampton in the Champions League final. Get that reputed £10M bonus money into the transfer kitty.

I usually cheer for the English clubs in Europe anyway. It can’t be that hard. Can it?