Current Saints Vs 2004/05 Saints team

Bad Wolf

Which one's worse?

I was also going to suggest a combined 11 but I only got into football for the last two or three games of that 2005 season so I can't do that but I dare say Phillips, Crouch, Beattie and Camara along with Ormerod are more favourable than our current attack options!

If you made me chose an 11, I'd go with something like this (based purely on their form that season, hence no Beattie, Tadic etc.)

Niemi

Telfer - Yoshida - Hoedt - Bertrand

Prutton - Romeu - Hojbjerg

Svensson

Crouch - Phillips

I'd say our current team is worse. In 04/05 we actually beat Pompey (twice) and Liverpool, whereas this lot haven't had an impressive result all season. They were hopeless but seemed to be trying more than our current shower of sh*te.

If you made me chose an 11, I'd go with something like this (based purely on their form that season, hence no Beattie, Tadic etc.)

Niemi

Svensson

Crouch - Phillips

I'd say our current team is worse. In 04/05 we actually beat Pompey (twice) and Liverpool, whereas this lot haven't had an impressive result all season. They were hopeless but seemed to be trying more than our current shower of sh*te.

Hoedt is the worst of our 4 centre backs ?

Hoedt is the worst of our 4 centre backs ?

Yeah. I actually think Hoedt has a lot of potential. If he cut out the individual mistakes he'd be awesome. But then if he cut out the individual mistakes, he wouldn't be playing for us.

I'd play all the 04/05 lot - Davenport and all - just for that Norwich game. Couldn't see the current lot providing any joy like that.

My first game as a Saints fan. That was something else. The first Saints goal I ever cheered.

2004/05 were bottle jobs. They Shiite their pants at Fratton, the whole ****ing lot of them. The most cowardly performance I’ve seen in 40 years of watching. I wouldn’t have any of them in my combined 11, none. That day finished the lot of them for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Niemi

Svensson

Crouch - Phillips

Prutton - a good player when he wanted to be but let's not forget his immense personal contribution to our relegation.

That chance at WBA alone.. could have changed the course of our season.

Then the 'red mist' against Arsenal, or against the linesman rather, getting a 9 game ban.

Prutton - a good player when he wanted to be but let's not forget his immense personal contribution to our relegation.

That chance at WBA alone.. could have changed the course of our season.

Then the 'red mist' against Arsenal, or against the linesman rather, getting a 9 game ban.

I could never understand how Prutton got a longer ban for pushing the ref (the kind of push that wouldn’t get a booking if it was against another player) than Barton got for his rampage against Man City (8 on top of his original 4) or Roy Keane got for a premeditated assault when he deliberately tried to end someone’s career.

A 3 match ban would have sufficed for that Arsenal incident. As for the miss at West Brom, Shane Long has made a career out of that and gets regular praise for ‘always giving 100%’ even though the onus is far more on him to score goals than Prutton.