The EE Super Dome

Batman

Wembley could be sold soon to the Fulham owner.

Anyone bothered by this? The home of English football and a legendary venue for world football.

England to go around the country a bit more with more non footy stuff going on at the spiritual home.

Personally, could not care less. Last time I went there was about 3 years ago for an England game and it was just horrendous.

Edited by Batman

It’s not been legendary since they knocked down the twin towers. All this pony about Wembley, is just that,pony. It’s not the stadium that the Matthews final was played in, or the World Cup or 76 come to that. Horrendous location, soulless expensive rip off joint.

Selling it to yank is a fitting tribute the the shortsightedness and greed of the FA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quite a lot of unnecessary fuss really. It's not like the FA have always owned it - they didn't own it when Euro 96 was on, let alone when world cup 66 was on.

At the end of the day it's just a venue and perfectly normal for that to be owned by a private business.

The FA Cup final will still be there as will everything else because, funnily enough, what venues want is events to put on.

Quite a lot of unnecessary fuss really. It's not like the FA have always owned it - they didn't own it when Euro 96 was on, let alone when world cup 66 was on.

At the end of the day it's just a venue and perfectly normal for that to be owned by a private business.

The FA Cup final will still be there as will everything else because, funnily enough, what venues want is events to put on.

As far as I see it, if:

- FA Cup semi-finals are never played there again, and;

- England internationals tour the country again.

It can only be a good thing. Having said that I'm sure I have heard before that the debt will have been paid off in the next few yeara by which point the FA will be making a fairly healthy annual profit on the stadium, so don't see why they need to or would want to sell it.

As far as I see it, if:

- FA Cup semi-finals are never played there again, and;

- England internationals tour the country again.

It can only be a good thing. Having said that I'm sure I have heard before that the debt will have been paid off in the next few years by which point the FA will be making a fairly healthy annual profit on the stadium, so don't see why they need to or would want to sell it.

Probably because they'd be getting a similar amount of money much quicker, although probably not up front.

I would also be happy with the criteria you mentioned, plus seeing at least some of that money being pumped back into grass roots.