We didn't sack Pellegrino until March

benjii

I'm surprised they sacked him, I really thought he was going to be here till the bitter end. Either way it was far too late.

Despite all the cranial discharge pumped out on here just about every poster realised he was to winning games what Dani Osvaldo was to model professionalism long before the club did anything.

Les Reed, what a total balloon head.

People might be angry with Pellegrino but his record is probably better than Mark Hughes.

(puts on his tin hat)

We started well (ish, we were midtable), that was probably still the effect of Puel, and as Pellegrino implemented his tactics more, we got worse. Thoroughly embarrassing all round that he a) got the job in the first place and b) wasn't sacked after his predecessor embarrassed him.

We started well (ish, we were midtable), that was probably still the effect of Puel, and as Pellegrino implemented his tactics more, we got worse. Thoroughly embarrassing all round that he a) got the job in the first place and b) wasn't sacked after his predecessor embarrassed him.

The effect of Puel who managed 1 win and 2 draws in the last 8 games of the season, with 0 goals in our final 5 home matches. You really need to think about what you post. Puel becmae a ****ing disaster who is largely responsible for where we are now. He is heading the same way at Leicester just to prove that his achievement wasn't just a fluke.

The effect of Puel who managed 1 win and 2 draws in the last 8 games of the season, with 0 goals in our final 5 home matches. You really need to think about what you post. Puel becmae a ****ing disaster who is largely responsible for where we are now. He is heading the same way at Leicester just to prove that his achievement wasn't just a fluke.

Puel, responsible for leading two teams to two top half finishes in successive seasons, is responsible for us being in the relegation zone. I'm sure even you don't really believe that :)

Come on mate, we lost a Cup Final in February, were mid-table and had nothing to play for, no threat of relegation - most teams would have petered out in those closing matches. Absolutely nothing to play for and the players were probably still flat from losing a Cup Final that we could have won.

Letting Pellegrino stay on as late as he did was an obviously terrible decision.

Firing Puel without having a decent manager lined up was also a terrible decision. We would have stood a slightly better chance at survival with Puel in charge instead of the hapless Pellegrino.

Firing Puel with a more competent replacement available would have been a decent move, for me. Under Puel we dropped from 63 points to 46, and his teams produced a dull, turgid brand of football that alienated many supporters. It is telling that some of the issues reported about Puel last year, especially touching on player discontentment with his methods and fan disdain for the final product on the pitch, are repeating themselves at Leicester.

Letting Pellegrino stay on as late as he did was an obviously terrible decision.

Firing Puel without having a decent manager lined up was also a terrible decision.

Hang on, you can't have it both ways: either you get the replacement lined up before the sack or you sack on (de) merit.

Letting Pellegrino spend £20m of our hard-to-find cash on his mate, was the worst thing I've ever seen any professional football club do.

I find this worse than him being sacked so late tbh.

I would rather have spent £19m and another 7/8m more on getting Promes in....

Put on a relegation wage clause and a relegation buyout clause of say £20m

If he doesn’t perform well then someone can take him for £20m, and if he performed so bad that no one would pay £20m, then he can play in the Championship at a reduced wage.

I guess all this is easier said than done

Edited by nta786

Letting Pellegrino spend £20m of our hard-to-find cash on his mate, was the worst thing I've ever seen any professional football club do.

You have to ask is les reed ok?? Or is he completely losing his marbles because that deal was a complete cluster ****.. that’s ineptitude of the highest order. Someone needs to refer him to occupational health to make sure his still with it. This season could have been rectified had the numpty admitted his mistake and had the balls to admit he’d made a mistake.

Must mean there was no unity with the group above pellegrino.

Obviously, a mess as Ralph admitted no one person is in charge

• 2 weeks later...
Watching us now just highlights the clubs decision to keep pellegrino for as long as we did just beyond a joke

Thanks for that insightful comment. Let me know when it helps change anything.

We can cry about handballs refs and stoppage time but if we get relegated the blame lies squarely on Les Reed. To dither so long with MoPe and even sanction a $20M transfer when all we needed was to pay off MoPe and get in Hughes in January.

We can cry about handballs refs and stoppage time but if we get relegated the blame lies squarely on Les Reed. To dither so long with MoPe and even sanction a $20M transfer when all we needed was to pay off MoPe and get in Hughes in January.

Correct.

Yep. His head's gotta roll, whether we survive or not.

Absolutely

You have to ask is les reed ok?? Or is he completely losing his marbles because that deal was a complete cluster ****.. that’s ineptitude of the highest order. Someone needs to refer him to occupational health to make sure his still with it. This season could have been rectified had the numpty admitted his mistake and had the balls to admit he’d made a mistake.

Carrillo is no doubt being paid like a record signing at saints.

He can’t even make the match day squads ffs.

He will have to be loaned out with us no doubt paying a percentage of his wage, whilst we are in the championship and having to stump up his transfer fee instalments over the next couple of years.

**** you les Reed

Nail on head

Just hope some actual stick is aimed at the board when we're relegated next week. Our fans have been far too nice to Les, Ralph, Gao and Kat this season.

I agree. If we're down after Tuesday then the last game should be a clear "**** you" to Les and Ralph and a wake up call to Gao.

Weren't you the one still crying about the Watford goal literally months afterwards?

I agree. If we're down after Tuesday then the last game should be a clear "**** you" to Les and Ralph and a wake up call to Gao.
If we win on Tuesday then we could still do it, because we'd be safe.

I'm sure some ITK suggested Ralph was the member in the board room fighting MoPes corner when others wanted him out....can't seem to find the post know though.

Firing Puel without having a decent manager lined up was also a terrible decision. We would have stood a slightly better chance at survival with Puel in charge instead of the hapless Pellegrino.

Firing Puel with a more competent replacement available would have been a decent move, for me. Under Puel we dropped from 63 points to 46, and his teams produced a dull, turgid brand of football that alienated many supporters. It is telling that some of the issues reported about Puel last year, especially touching on player discontentment with his methods and fan disdain for the final product on the pitch, are repeating themselves at Leicester.

Totally agree.

I'm sure some ITK suggested Ralph was the member in the board room fighting MoPes corner when others wanted him out....can't seem to find the post know though.

Krueger needs to go whether we stay up or not. A total fraud - corporate speak bull**** at it's finest.

Something wrong when the Board are swayed by the thoughts of an ex ice hockey coach. It's Woodwardesque.

We really should get rid of the lot of them.

But if you believe the speil Reed was convinced he had Tuchel, huge error and again believed in his ego, in business nothing is watertight until it's signed , negotiating is not one of Les's skills

I won't be letting the players off. Some of their performances have been unacceptable this season. They're putting it all in now, but haven't done previously. As late as Hughes came in, we weren't in the bottom 3, West Ham was totally unacceptable, both Chelsea and Arsenal were there for the taking, as were Leicester and Everton. We've got 2 ****ing tough games, because we didn't pick up an extra point or 2 under Hughes when we should of. It's typical of these bunch of ****s, that they'll probably lose to Swansea, beat City and still go down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree.

Had the correct and only obvious outcome been made after the Leicester (home) match in December, or even after Spurs(away), Palace (home) in January the present mess could have been avoided.

Reed.... beyond belief.

Yep, it's a very tough one to top in many respects.

We allowed a truly awful manager to spend £20m on a truly awful player just before sacking him. Utter insanity.

... and then to compound the earlier error with this...

Reed/Wilson ... pair of inept cretins.

How bad was pellegrino really?

Anyone think we would be down already had we stuck by him?

We would have enjoyed 'perfect' performances as we sunk to the bottom of the league.

5 points from our last three games, we would've got at most two under Pellegrino. How he got the job is anyone's guess, what a cock up.

We would have enjoyed 'perfect' performances as we sunk to the bottom of the league.

5 points from our last three games, we would've got at most two under Pellegrino. How he got the job is anyone's guess, what a cock up.

Everyone's been moaning about ref decisions against Watford, Chelsea, and Everton ... In hindsight I think the most costly one was the penalty we got v West Ham giving us our only win before mid October. Maybe if we'd not won someone would have sacked him sooner? It really has been a catalogue of mis-management.