Saints 2 Boscombe 1 - Match and Reactions

St Chalet

Just wow.

I'd forgotten what winning felt like.

Good performance at times.......too much hanging on for my liking though! Couple of good goals.

Really pleased by the passion shown when the final whistle went. Perhaps some of the players do care?!

Now - come on Chelsea.

Excellent result, hopefully the players can take this result and kick on for a strong finish.

The other good thing is Huddersfield lost, their last 3 matches are absolutely brutal.

Man City (A)

Chelsea (A)

Arsenal (H)

Not unreasonable to think they won't get any points from those games.

Huddersfield are now in major trouble. They won't get any more points, one more win for us and we're safe.
You keep saying this but they've beaten more top teams than us this season. Arsenal and Chelsea are vulnerable and certainly not guaranteed to beat them.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

That was excruciating - one of least enjoyable Saints win I've ever seen. Hanging on for dear life for 30 minutes at home to Bournemouth, for goodness sake. It shows what we've become.

But it's a win. I vaguely remember those from the olden days. It's hard to imagine we can take any confidence from the performance, though.

Tadic, Lemina and McCarthy came up big for us today. Credit where it's due.

We're still alive. One more win might even be enough - Huddersfield aren't getting any more points.

We march on? Limp on? Shuffle slightly forward?

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Huddersfield are now in major trouble. They won't get any more points, one more win for us and we're safe.

no, because I've been reading on here that we are already down. I don't think stoke will get the points, so huddersfield (and Swansea, West ham) are completely safe. maybe you've not been paying attention, because it's been common knowledge on here that we were relegated ages ago.

easier said than done.

we never get a win at Goodison, they're still a decent team and at best I see a draw.

Swansea, now this game is so so crucial, both teams need that win and in those situations it can easily turn into a draw.

Man City at home- well if it comes down to that I can only hope that in 2005 it was United who took us down, and this time it would be City... I wouldn't be confident in getting something there...

however, the win will do wonders for confidence and we have a decent chance after today. come on saints.

My thinking too.

Very tough for them now.....but then they might fluke a win against an off form Arsenal.

Squeaky bum time.

easier said than done.

we never get a win at Goodison, they're still a decent team and at best I see a draw.

Swansea, now this game is so so crucial, both teams need that win and in those situations it can easily turn into a draw.

Man City at home- well if it comes down to that I can only hope that in 2005 it was United who took us down, and this time it would be City... I wouldn't be confident in getting something there...

however, the win will do wonders for confidence and we have a decent chance after today. come on saints.

The thing is we need 3 points minimum, even in the best scenario, were Huddersfield lose all their last games.

You keep saying this but they've beaten more top teams than us this season. Arsenal and Chelsea are vulnerable and certainly not guaranteed to beat them.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

Wenger's last ever league game, no way are Arsenal going to lose that one. Chelsea are in good form, and Man City are, well, Man City. It's looking bleak for them, they had to win this one and they ****ed it up.

Can almost - almost - forgive Cedric for never ever putting in a decent cross due to his effort at the end. A few 'smart' fouls from our team at the end befitting a Mark Hughes team.

Lemina had a great first half, bizarre how he can swing from one extreme to the next, maybe he just needs good man management.

Tadic my outfield man of the match, irrespective of his goals. Felt he played a bit like a captain second half today. Always calm on the ball, was the hub of anything good we did going forward. But there were a few saves today which put McCarthy in the frame for MoM and strengthen his claim for player of the season!

Wenger's last ever league game, no way are Arsenal going to lose that one. Chelsea are in good form, and Man City are, well, Man City. It's looking bleak for them, they had to win this one and they ****ed it up.

Can we get three points of Everton? Can we?

means ***** all. Sir Alex Ferguson's final game saw them draw 5-5 to WBA.

Arsenal finishing 6th is pretty much in stone now as well.

ofc Arsenal will be favourites. but it's about us getting that win first.