Saints 2 Boscombe 1 - Match and Reactions

St Chalet

Apologies I haven't responded sooner, have the 3 post limit. I see the video I posted in here yesterday received mixed/negative feedback, and I'm ashamed to have turned a thread celebrating our first Prem win since February into moaning about me. I'm sorry to have caused such a reaction, I only posted it as I thought some (definitely not all) people would be interested in it. I'd just like to defend myself on a few points:

The content of the video is as such because that is what I'm required to do for the company I vlog for. The video posted was my own edit of clips I record for a YouTube channel called 90Min Football. They pay for my travel and ticket (home and away), in return I film live reactions/commentary to the game for their channel. This is why there's no in game footage and it's all me. It's an amazing opportunity that I'm sure many people would take given the chance. Definitely people, my age, at uni who would otherwise be unable to attend anywhere near as many games, especially as I go to uni in London.

There have been comments about who would actually watch such videos, and I understand that it certainly isn't for everyone, it probably is for the younger fan. Having said that, for example my Chelsea at home 90Min vlog had 84K views. I'm not blowing my trumpet, I'm just showing that there are people who enjoy this perspective of the match, and the company I vlog for makes enough money to send 20 Premier League fans around the country every week.

With regards to how the people around me feel, I have been doing this all season and not one person sat around me has taken issue with it, often people join in and take interest in what I'm doing. I try my best to not to disturb anyone, we're all entitled to enjoy the game in our own way. Now if someone did raise an issue, I'd do all I can to ensure the situation is corrected. Though I would hope people would understand that I wasn't just doing it for myself. Having had a close up of my face broadcast in the Match of the Day highlights last night, I'm not sure anyone who attends games can have issue with featuring in a video when they could be being beamed around the world without realising. And anyone who takes issue with me talking into a camera... it's not a library, I am allowed to make noise, and I do spend most of the game chanting with everyone else. So even if I am a 'modern football fan', I still leave with a sore throat having supported the team for the 90. I'm definitely not more obsessed with filming myself than I am Saints.

I don't want to start any arguments and am sorry to have caused this much negativity in what was a positive thread. I'm sorry that the video wasn't for you - I'll stick to just posting them in my own thread from now on, only watch them and read my blog if you are interested. I hope this has cleared a few things up and we can now focus on Saints again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apologies I haven't responded sooner, have the 3 post limit. I see the video I posted in here yesterday received mixed/negative feedback, and I'm ashamed to have turned a thread celebrating our first Prem win since February into moaning about me. I'm sorry to have caused such a reaction, I only posted it as I thought some (definitely not all) people would be interested in it. I'd just like to defend myself on a few points:

The content of the video is as such because that is what I'm required to do for the company I vlog for. The video posted was my own edit of clips I record for a YouTube channel called 90Min Football. They pay for my travel and ticket (home and away), in return I film live reactions/commentary to the game for their channel. This is why there's no in game footage and it's all me. It's an amazing opportunity that I'm sure many people would take given the chance. Definitely people, my age, at uni who would otherwise be unable to attend anywhere near as many games, especially as I go to uni in London.

There have been comments about who would actually watch such videos, and I understand that it certainly isn't for everyone, it probably is for the younger fan. Having said that, for example my Chelsea at home 90Min vlog had 84K views. I'm not blowing my trumpet, I'm just showing that there are people who enjoy this perspective of the match, and the company I vlog for makes enough money to send 20 Premier League fans around the country every week.

With regards to how the people around me feel, I have been doing this all season and not one person sat around me has taken issue with it, often people join in and take interest in what I'm doing. I try my best to not to disturb anyone, we're all entitled to enjoy the game in our own way. Now if someone did raise an issue, I'd do all I can to ensure the situation is corrected. Though I would hope people would understand that I wasn't just doing it for myself. Having had a close up of my face broadcast in the Match of the Day highlights last night, I'm not sure anyone who attends games can have issue with featuring in a video when they could be being beamed around the world without realising. And anyone who takes issue with me talking into a camera... it's not a library, I am allowed to make noise, and I do spend most of the game chanting with everyone else. So even if I am a 'modern football fan', I still leave with a sore throat having supported the team for the 90. I'm definitely not more obsessed with filming myself than I am Saints.

I don't want to start any arguments and am sorry to have caused this much negativity in what was a positive thread. I'm sorry that the video wasn't for you - I'll stick to just posting them in my own thread from now on, only watch them and read my blog if you are interested. I hope this has cleared a few things up and we can now focus on Saints again.

Relax, this is the angriest forum on the internet.

Don't feel bad :lol:

Really think we have a problem with Bertrand at the moment. Yesterday he didn't take anybody on, not once, preferring to pass back to Hoedt whenever he got the ball. He used to be an attacking force but seemed disinterested. Only once all game I saw him pass to Redmond and burst into the box expecting a return (which was of course duly ignored by Redmond). Would rather have Yoshida as captain at the moment.

Redmond brought very little to the game - running into dead ends whenever he got the ball, creating virtually nothing.

Cedric ran his legs off again but he needs to stop going forward if he's not in a state to get back when he loses the ball. In the second half he ran himself out a couple of times and was stuck up the pitch slowly walking back as Bournemouth broke at speed.

Lemina and Tadic brought what little creativity we had to the game. Romeu was solid again.

Best atmos at St Mary's this season.

I think you answered your own question in the first sentence with the other two. The problem isn't Bertrand, it's Redmond playing on the left.

Relax, this is the angriest forum on the internet.

Don't feel bad [emoji38]

This :)

I enjoyed your video Owen and I'm far from 'young'. (Same age as MLT as it happens :) )

Getting a negative reaction on here is actually a badge of honour...

I don't like watching a face talking at me when a back ground voice will do the same . My choice. Keep going

I think you answered your own question in the first sentence with the other two. The problem isn't Bertrand, it's Redmond playing on the left.

I agree. Redmond should be out on the right. Bertrand had established a very good understanding with Tadic on the left previously and got further forward on the overlap with him and often played good one-twos into the box with him. There was hardly any of that with Redmond, although of course that didn't stop Tadic having a great game up the middle.

Don’t worry about it. The forum hard men have a reputation to keep up. If they don’t respond to you in a negative manner then the other hard men will think they are a nonce.

As others have said mate this place is filled with testosterone. If people don’t like what you do or post rarely will it be delivered tactfully or kindly.

There are plenty who can’t get head round any change and think touching your phone at any point during game, leaving 2 mins early before HT, or not being in a permanent state of Millwallesque type aggression means you shouldn’t be in the ground.

That said don’t ever ‘vlog’ in front of me.

No doubt someone will come forward and even rubbish this post.

Don’t worry about it. The forum hard men have a reputation to keep up. If they don’t respond to you in a negative manner then the other hard men will think they are a nonce.

I'd have said the response to his post wasn't so much a display of internet hard men as a swf version of Grumpy Old Men. And I count myself in that group, at least as far as the facebook generation is concerned.

This :)

I enjoyed your video Owen and I'm far from 'young'. (Same age as MLT as it happens :) )

True, there are some posters that dislike anyone having a view that is different, then will not admit to the fact that the poster was right.

That is young! I went to uni when they gave you grants and getting in to The Dell cost 35pish, there were just a few mainframe computers around and researching newspapers involved ruining your eyes scanning microfiches.

Anyway, you obviously feel every moment and have a very mobile face! Do you think you can keep that up for another 40 years? It's hard, I tell 'ee, it's hard!

Fair enough, its not my cup of tea, not by a long chalk, But I understand that the younger generation are much less intelligent so will like this sort of stuff.

But thats a good well thought out reply to the moaners, me included, so thanks for that and keep it up.

True, I think Bertrand truly struggles to play with Redmond and I can understand why. I miss the Clyne/Puncheon partnership (wrong side I know).

Edited by Manuel

Fair enough, its not my cup of tea, not by a long chalk, But I understand that the younger generation are much less intelligent so will like this sort of stuff.

But thats a good well thought out reply to the moaners, me included, so thanks for that and keep it up.

That's as stupid a remark as me saying that older people are less intelligent because they had to buy their music on a massive disc. Interests and habits change, get over it.

A great result on the weekend. I must admit I went to Bristol Rovers vs Gillingham which had the nice bonus of stopping me having to sit through 90min of nail biting!! Was delighted to see the result at full time and was tense enough reading Sky Sports commentary as Macca kept pulling out the saves!

One win now and we're in with a very good chance, and we've certainly put the pressure on those above us. If ourselves, Huddersfield and Stoke weren't all so complete ****, West Ham may have ended up going down!!

The issue many have is that kind of sh*t sums up everything wrong with the modern game, no offence to you particularly but the "look at me" crap that goes with these things is fairly bloody nauseating, and for some of us older lot an actual embarrassment to have associated with the club.

I do appreciate you're getting free tickets and i can see the pull of that but i know many that wouldn't take nicely to you filming them all game (whether you mean to or not) and personally i'd rather your ticket (especially at away games) went to someone who's not filming themselves all game to stick on the internet.

As someone who has shamelessly video bombed 'The Uglys' after match videos on numerous occasions after matches it would be hypocritical of me to not appreciate different online content such as OwenTheSaints..! I'll subscribe.

I liked it mate, dont take it to heart