Saints 2 Boscombe 1 - Match and Reactions

St Chalet

after last weeks moan about old people and kids at Wembley this week we get a selfie view, now I may miss the odd part of the game as I discuss it with the guys around me but to give a running commentary to satisfy some strange addiction to You Tube or was it Look At Me Tube is just weird.

the game , glad they scored before half time rather than after , and Redmond not been a big fan but at least he's now starting to think move the ball forwards and occasionally he takes the ball with him which is an improvement , now if someone could tell Cedric how to cross the ball to a Saints player we could be on to something rather special as for once the other results so far this weekend have helped

Haha, quite. Regardless of the people recording these videos, who actually watches them?!

this is precisely the point i wonder myself!

not just with things like this-but there is a demand to watch almost anything :lol:

there is one guy at my work who watches 'ASMR', I asked him what that is- he told me it is watching someone eat because of the food noises made when they eat :lol:lol: could not believe it. oh well whatever tickles their fancy.

as for the guy filming- for me going to Saints game is all about having a couple pints with your mates/or your family and sharing in with the emotions that come with it...

however, I do set my phone to give me notifications anytime there is a goal in all PL games- every time it vibrates I look to see how it affects us!

however, I do set my phone to give me notifications anytime there is a goal in all PL games- every time it vibrates I look to see how it affects us!

Gone are the days of someone with a radio pressed up against their ear. Only problem with that was the false rumour doing the rounds.

As for the selfie video, I'm just glad no one is filming immediately in front of me as they probably wouldn't want their 'vlog' (if that is the term) to be accompanied with an expletive ridden background from time to time.

Daytime over here now, and I have slept on that result. Wow! what a game, really tense, but in the cold light of day, the stats tell us that Boscombe were the better team. We needed those points, and got them, a real battling team performance, but I thought Austin was quite poor, as for Redmond, I wouldn't play him again. Like many, I don't see the attraction of playing Redmond left and Tadic right, and if you're playing wingbacks, why do you need the overload of two 'wide' men, imo, it would of been better with two behind the striker, like Tadic and Gabbi. That said, we won, and that's all that counts. Maybe, just maybe, one more win might do. COYR's

My MOM was McCarthy.

Don't normally post this in here but am so proud of this vlog, just for how it captures the best atmosphere St Mary's has seen in years!

https://youtu.be/gC1MJeeFE7c

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi mate. I see a few others have already pointed out they're not appreciative of your hard work here. Some didn't even watch it! However I did, but can you do us a favour a point out the bits that show the great st Mary's atmosphere and whst bits you're proud of, because from what I saw it looked like you talking bollo*cks and then singing into your camera for a bit. I'm sure im missing something,

God, at least I know my hearts ok, because that last 5 mins nearly gave me a cardiac. Tadic, MoTM. Anyone who picks anyone else is clueless. The keeper played well, as did Lemina. The back 3, particularly Wes, are ****ing woeful, but luckily so were there’s, bar Ake. **** me, it seems like an age since we actually hung on to something.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have to admit that I've not been a regular attendee at St Mary's over the last couple of seasons. Maybe it's been a mix of unadventurous football, my advancing years, a 100 mile round trip to games and any number of other excuses but a fortnight ago I determined that shouting at the internet stream wasn't enough so got myself a ticket for today.

Must say I was surprised at the all round fairly positive attitude but still wasn't expecting much during the game. Call it realism or pessimism, either will do.

Come the game. Well to be honest I was surprised just how poor some players were. Hoedt, what on earth? No problem. We all have off days but what really got me was the positive attitude from the stands. Yes we sighed when there was a poor touch or a blind pass but there was support because it seemed obvious that the players cared. The tension towards the end was almost unbearable but I have to say that the atmosphere was better than I've witnessed for quite some time. It helps the players and I witnessed excellent performances from Lemina, Tadic & McCarthy but everyone in that team today deserves to be applauded for their effort.

On to the next must win game then. Maybe all too late but there's still hope.

Edited by obelisk
clarity

Have to admit that I've not been a regular attendee at St Mary's over the last couple of seasons. Maybe it's been a mix of unadventurous football, my advancing years, a 100 mile round trip to games and any number of other excuses but a fortnight ago I determined that shouting at the internet stream wasn't enough so got myself a ticket for today.

Must say I was surprised at the all round fairly positive attitude but still wasn't expecting much during the game. Call it realism or pessimism, either will do.

Come the game. Well to be honest I was surprised just how poor some players were. Hoedt, what on earth? No problem. We all have off days but what really got me was the positive attitude from the stands. Yes we sighed when there was a poor touch or a blind pass but there was support because it seemed obvious that the players cared. The tension towards the end was almost unbearable but I have to say that the atmosphere was better than I've witnessed for quite some time. It helps the players and I witnessed excellent performances from Lemina, Tadic & McCarthy but everyone in that team today deserves to be applauded for their effort.

On to the next must win game then. Maybe all too late but there's still hope.

please don't take this one personally but in short this is what in past has annoyed me about a lot of the couch fans (though they count no less it is simply a different way of supporting). Don't judge those of us who have attended every match in person and claim '**** stadium' and '**** atmosphere' etc. Being there is very different, you can have 20 minutes of hardcore singing but it means not much when that atmosphere dies because we see the same **** time and again. After you have personally witnessed the 40th time Long could have been onside and play was in his favour but still mistimes his run or when Romeu misjudges his pass after breaking up play only to set the opposition up, or how every member of the midfield and defence decides now is the time to lunge in and drop your man simultaneously. Basically when there is something to cheer the supporters are there. Sometimes frustratingly we get to see the entire play absent the focus of the current camera selection on the VM monitor.

Defence still a major worry. Bournemouth were utter crap, we won't play a worse team all season.
Yet they still had 60% possession & more corners & equaled our shots, and we were the home team.

Honestly don't think they are a bad team the table doesn't lie

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Daytime over here now, and I have slept on that result. Wow! what a game, really tense, but in the cold light of day, the stats tell us that Boscombe were the better team. We needed those points, and got them, a real battling team performance, but I thought Austin was quite poor, as for Redmond, I wouldn't play him again. Like many, I don't see the attraction of playing Redmond left and Tadic right, and if you're playing wingbacks, why do you need the overload of two 'wide' men, imo, it would of been better with two behind the striker, like Tadic and Gabbi. That said, we won, and that's all that counts. Maybe, just maybe, one more win might do. COYR's

My MOM was McCarthy.

if you think Redmond shouldn't play again perhaps its best you are a long way away. He may not have been brilliant, but his touch for our first goal was superb. Sadly fools who miss the good he does is why we don't create sweet FA much of the time

please don't take this one personally but in short this is what in past has annoyed me about a lot of the couch fans.
I don't but I could make the point that I was a long time season ticket holder at the Dell & SMS before many on here were born. The main reason that I'm a more of a "couch fan" these days is that, in the words of JR Hartley, I am rather old now. I still aim to do my bit though.

x2

please

Nathan ake looked decent, calm and assured. Now that Bournemouth are sniffing around the top tier, maybe we should have them as a feeder club, just take their top 2-3 players each summer, a la scouse strategy...

Nathan ake looked decent, calm and assured. Now that Bournemouth are sniffing around the top tier, maybe we should have them as a feeder club, just take their top 2-3 players each summer, a la scouse strategy...

Ake and josh king!

I don't think i can take another final 10 minutes like that. See me end me.

Tjat performance pure courage and fight. Its a rare day you see the Kingsland on its feet roaring.

One turning point for me eas Mousset going off injured. He was a really dangerous player and was causing us major problems. Doubt Bournemouth will hold on to him next year. I hope he's ok to play against Swansea.

Hope for the next game but still lots to do.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

That final 10 mins almost killed me, but christ we needed that. What a day with those results as well, I honestly thought both Huddersfield and Swansea would get something so it was a total bonus day.

One of my main gripes with this side over the last two years has been our passive and safety first approach to football matches, but today we went for it. We were in their faces, pressing high, winning the ball back, and attacking them on the break with actual intent. As per a lot of our performances in recent weeks, we look a threat, we look like we can score and we keep the opposition under pressure.

The side is clearly lacking in confidence and leaders, even though we should have won yesterday’s game comfortably, it was still a very edgy last 10 mins as we struggled to see it out. But we did, that will give everyone a huge boost I think. We needed a win like that and I think the belief will start to filter through to the rest of the squad.

When I look at how we played yesterday and how we played under MP, I honestly still don't know what the club thought they were gaining in giving him ‘time.’

So, it's still tough, we still need to really win the next two. I don't want to be going into the Man City game needing a result.....

That final 10 mins almost killed me, but christ we needed that. What a day with those results as well, I honestly thought both Huddersfield and Swansea would get something so it was a total bonus day.

One of my main gripes with this side over the last two years has been our passive and safety first approach to football matches, but today we went for it. We were in their faces, pressing high, winning the ball back, and attacking them on the break with actual intent. As per a lot of our performances in recent weeks, we look a threat, we look like we can score and we keep the opposition under pressure.

The side is clearly lacking in confidence and leaders, even though we should have won yesterday’s game comfortably, it was still a very edgy last 10 mins as we struggled to see it out. But we did, that will give everyone a huge boost I think. We needed a win like that and I think the belief will start to filter through to the rest of the squad.

When I look at how we played yesterday and how we played under MP, I honestly still don't know what the club thought they were gaining in giving him ‘time.’

So, it's still tough, we still need to really win the next two. I don't want to be going into the Man City game needing a result.....

That is because our defence is so fragile we certainly look a bit better going forward Hughes is making us play a bit more direct which has helped. But there is no getting away from the fact our defensive players are not up to scratch hence the five at the back, two DM approach (and even then we are vulnerable) our best few seasons in the PL where built on a solid defensive foundation that has gone missing the last two seasons. Yesterday was great but we still have to nurse this defence through three more games which is a big ask.

What a day that was. Was exhausted almost as soon as the final whistle went!

Atmosphere wise, that’s the best I’ve seen at St Marys for a good while, everyone was doing their bit, especially the last 15 minutes when it was on a knifedge and I found myself staring through my fingers and looking at the clock.

Great fight from the players, Lemina, Tadic and McCarthy the clear stand outs, but everyone did their bit. Both sets of players on their knees when it finished, and at this stage of the season and where we are, it’s what we need to see to be honest.

Weve dragged Hudds and West Ham back in it now. We still have to get another win at least, but we’ve put the cat amongst the pigeons..

If we win the next two we wont need a result against Man City. Huddersfield would need four points due to a worse goal difference from their last three games. That would take a massive effort given who they have to play.

the foul by Cedric near the end that earned him a yellow as absolutely vital. If he hadn't made it they would have been in. That win at all costs, doing the nasty things has been totally missing this season and just one reason why we have conceded so many simple to covert goals.

Spot on. We've been far too nice this season, we got away with it previously because we had a better squad of players. We're not good enough to get away with "nice" nowadays.

Tadic, MoTM. Anyone who picks anyone else is clueless.

As per usual your post includes having a go at other fans because it would differ from your view.

FYI we would not have won that game without McCarthy - not just the wonderful save at the end but others throughout the game, his handling, his punching. He did everything to try and calm and help out a dodgy back three. Tadic will rightly get all the headlines, his best game for us in ages, but anyone who tips their hat to McCarthy as MOTM is far from "clueless"

So good to see Tadic shooting when he gets into good positions, no way would he have shot in that position for the second goal earlier in the season. Hughes has clearly told him to shoot more, great to see rather than a pass to our ineffective strikers. McCarthy outstanding too.

As for the guy with the vlog, Jesus some people on here are getting seriously worked up over something that doesn't affect them. There's clearly some kind of audience for it if it pays for his ticket and travel, and let's face it, most of us on here are old farts and not the target audience. You're no more entitled to enjoy the game "your way" than he is doing it his way.

Would absolutely love it if we escape the drop and West Ham get dragged into it. Can't see Huddersfield getting any more points, hopefully we can beat Swansea (no Siggurdsson to sucker punch us - waiting for Everton for that) and we can strengthen for another season at the top next year.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

So good to see Tadic shooting when he gets into good positions, no way would he have shot in that position for the second goal earlier in the season. Hughes has clearly told him to shoot more, great to see rather than a pass to our ineffective strikers. McCarthy outstanding too.

I also said that earlier. One of the most annoying things earlier in the season was Tadic getting into shooting positions and not pulling the trigger himself. His recent goals have demonstrated his ability and even if a shot is parried by the keeper, or takes a deflection off a defender, it has been a superior option to him passing to one of our inept strikers, who either put the shot high or wide, or get closed down before they can shoot. If Hughes has been responsible for persuading him to have a go then good for him. Now Tadic's confidence must be boosted to the extent that he will feel inclined to do it at every opportunity, which will give defences an additional headache.

Really think we have a problem with Bertrand at the moment. Yesterday he didn't take anybody on, not once, preferring to pass back to Hoedt whenever he got the ball. He used to be an attacking force but seemed disinterested. Only once all game I saw him pass to Redmond and burst into the box expecting a return (which was of course duly ignored by Redmond). Would rather have Yoshida as captain at the moment.

Redmond brought very little to the game - running into dead ends whenever he got the ball, creating virtually nothing.

Cedric ran his legs off again but he needs to stop going forward if he's not in a state to get back when he loses the ball. In the second half he ran himself out a couple of times and was stuck up the pitch slowly walking back as Bournemouth broke at speed.

Lemina and Tadic brought what little creativity we had to the game. Romeu was solid again.

Best atmos at St Mary's this season.

Really think we have a problem with Bertrand at the moment. Yesterday he didn't take anybody on, not once, preferring to pass back to Hoedt whenever he got the ball. He used to be an attacking force but seemed disinterested. Only once all game I saw him pass to Redmond and burst into the box expecting a return (which was of course duly ignored by Redmond). Would rather have Yoshida as captain at the moment.

Redmond brought very little to the game - running into dead ends whenever he got the ball, creating virtually nothing.

Cedric ran his legs off again but he needs to stop going forward if he's not in a state to get back when he loses the ball. In the second half he ran himself out a couple of times and was stuck up the pitch slowly walking back as Bournemouth broke at speed.

Lemina and Tadic brought what little creativity we had to the game. Romeu was solid again.

I think you are off the mark about Bertrand.

Had a good game IMO and put himself almost 1 on 1 and probably should have done better.

Not sure I agree with a lot of that.

Other than a lung busting running to get into the box and have a shot on goal..who else would you play anyway?

other than the important part he played in our first goal...

So you are criticising Betrand for not getting forward enough and Cedric for getting forward to much? to be honest playing three at the back means Cedric and Bertrand have to get forward and should be able to knowing there is an extra man at the back to cover them.

so we live to fight another day......It really is the hope that kills you.....off to Cuba now for the next 14 days.....our fate will probably be known by the time i get back. Internet in Cuba is really poor, i'm not sure if i'm relieved about that or not!

Not as bad as it was. Hotels in veradero now have wifi within hotel grounds.

Ive been to cuba twice, its an amazing place. Enjoy

God, at least I know my hearts ok, because that last 5 mins nearly gave me a cardiac. Tadic, MoTM. Anyone who picks anyone else is clueless. The keeper played well, as did Lemina. The back 3, particularly Wes, are ****ing woeful, but luckily so were there’s, bar Ake. **** me, it seems like an age since we actually hung on to something.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Those last 5 minutes lasted over half an hour. I’ve never seen a clock move more slowly.

I was surprised at the number of high balls out of defence we stuck down the middle when we had no-one who was going to win them in the air. Seemed like they thought Charlie is as dominant as Pelle was.
Totally agree, didn't think we won very much in the air all game. Charlie doesn't really offer very much other than the fact if he gets a chance it's highly likely he'll finish. So it's a bit of a gamble hoping that we can forge something that he can finish.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk