Everton v Saints Buildup

redkeith

Rooney and Walcott are definitely out injured, that's what some Everton ITKs have confirmed.

This is their team apparently

Pickford, Coleman, Keane, Jagielka, Baines, Vlasic, Gueye, Schneiderlin, Davies, Bolasie, Tosun.

okay glad about that. that is a blow for them. let's go saints, if we win then we have just bought West Ham and Huddersfield back in it too.

Win today could see us virtually safe. 35 pts and vastly superior goal difference depending on other results

Agree, if West Ham, Swansea and HTFC lose tomorrow and we win tonight then we will only need a draw to stay up IMO, however I will take a draw today if the others lose as I really fancy us to beat Swansea unless the rumours are true and Walcott is out injured then Im more confident we can win today.

Win today could see us virtually safe. 35 pts and vastly superior goal difference depending on other results

A win today and I still think we need a draw against Swansea. I worry the Hudders pull a off a draw somewhere

Think that is how it will look

One change in this one for me, Hojbjerg in for Redmond to make us a bit more solid in midfield. Move Lemina forward where Redmond was playing.bbb1f60c45d031d20030d62c8ce74098.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Respect the point.

Zero pace in that lineup, so we carry little threat on the counter. A real risk if they're going to dominate possession.

We better see a lot of the ball with the extra man in midfield or it's going to be a long game.

Respect the point.

Zero pace in that lineup, so we carry little threat on the counter. A real risk if they're going to dominate possession.

We better see a lot of the ball with the extra man in midfield or it's going to be a long game.

It's Big Sam, he doesn't do possession football.

Well, we have it back under our control now. Win 2 in a row and we're safe, no other results necessary. Even a draw and a win and we're safe

Only if the win is against Swansea, unless we think Arsenal will definitely beat Huddersfield. Two wins and yeah we are fine :-)

Come on Saints, we can do this!

Just hope we don’t sit in too much and let them dominate, as we don’t have obvious pace to hit on the break. Need to try to get full backs and Lemina forward to support Tadic and Austin.

Must be about the slowest XI in our history. Maybe sub in Ward-Prowse for Cedric and that'd do it.

Frankly, I think we're a worse team overall when Austin starts - a pub-fit tap in merchant is not what's required when it's all hands to the pump, IMHO.

If we can't create a tap in for him, he won't contribute a single positive thing to our play.

I guess fast counter attacks are off the table - looks like the only way we're scoring is through quick, incisive passing and movement. Or set pieces.

Yeah... we're not scoring, are we?

Come on, lads, make this post look silly. Or sillier.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk