Everton v Saints Buildup

redkeith

If Arsenal win tonight then I fear they will play their youth team against Huddersfield last game of the season with the Europa final 3 days later. Could be at least a point for Huddersfield maybe 3.

2 wins maybe needed.

Big if though really. Arsenal are very poor defensively and may well get taken to the cleaners.

1950, Southampton FC's stadium, The Dell, became the first ground in England to have permanent floodlighting installed. The first game played under the lights there was on 31 October 1950, in a friendly against Bournemouth & Boscombe Athletic, followed a year later by the first "official" match under floodlights, a Football Combination (Reserve team) match against Tottenham Hotspur on 1 October 1951.

If Arsenal win tonight then I fear they will play their youth team against Huddersfield last game of the season with the Europa final 3 days later. Could be at least a point for Huddersfield maybe 3.

2 wins maybe needed.

Huge IF that Arsenal win tonight.. can't see it

We've got to cheer on our red and white brethren in Madrid.

They took their kits from Bilbao, who took them from us, right?

Yes Bilbao gave atheletico extra kits left over from trip to the saints shop I believe... no Blackburn shirts available which they were after so last stop Southampton prior to the boat journey home rest is history

Christ this is a big game, if you haven't got a ticket, why the hell not? Get up there and support the lads, could make all the difference.

I'd practically rather be playing any other side outside the top 6, our record up there is appaling and we barely muster a shot on target most years it seems, let alone anything else.

0-1 Saints.

I thought this would be sold out. I would get three tickets but as I live in Liverpool I can't go to the ticket office. Anyone got any ideas?

Call the ticket office, ask for collection from Goodison Park?

This thread. :lol:

So much *****ing about Everton and who are they bigger than. The only reason why a few have a bee in their bonnet is because some of their muppet fans joined this forum to troll.

I know quite a few Everton fans and they are all proper sound lads. Some of their fans are deluded yes, but so are some of every teams fans. Not long ago that some on here were expecting us to make a push for the champions league. :lol:

Internet forums don't give a true representation of a teams fan base ffs.

Anyway, they haven't been playing great lately but we are usually **** at Goodison, so even though it's a game we should go for, I think we'll draw. 2-2.

I'd actually take that now tbh. Swansea is a must win. 4 points from these next 2 games and we are safe imo as Swansea will beat Stoke and We'll finish above Huddersfield!!

It's going to be very flat on here if we don't get anything up there. I'm really hoping we don't set up for a draw, because we will lose. The refreshing thing about last week was the desire to win - missing all season thanks to the Pillockgrino. We absolutely need a win here because settling for a point is amazingly dangerous for a pressure game against Swansea. Let's get it done now instead

This thread. :lol:

So much *****ing about Everton and who are they bigger than. The only reason why a few have a bee in their bonnet is because some of their muppet fans joined this forum to troll.

I know quite a few Everton fans and they are all proper sound lads. Some of their fans are deluded yes, but so are some of every teams fans. Not long ago that some on here were expecting us to make a push for the champions league. :lol:

Internet forums don't give a true representation of a teams fan base ffs.

Anyway, they haven't been playing great lately but we are usually **** at Goodison, so even though it's a game we should go for, I think we'll draw. 2-2.

I'd actually take that now tbh. Swansea is a must win. 4 points from these next 2 games and we are safe imo as Swansea will beat Stoke and We'll finish above Huddersfield!!

it aint to do with trolling. Heath and 1984. Old wounds

So everyone is giving them **** because of a game that happened 33 years ago? :lol:

Pathetic.

Never never got that obsession either. Yes I'm sure it must have hurt to lose a semi-final right at the death but to still be going on about it 3 decades later is a bit sad and weird.

Mate of mine is an Everton season-ticket holder. He says outside of playing the top 6, they are really solid at home.

He doesn't think we'll get anything.

I'm fearing a really flat performance after the heroics of last week. But, to be honest, Everton aren't exactly Barcelona.

Mate of mine is an Everton season-ticket holder. He says outside of playing the top 6, they are really solid at home.

He doesn't think we'll get anything.

I'm fearing a really flat performance after the heroics of last week. But, to be honest, Everton aren't exactly Barcelona.

We are crap. Very crap. Be amazed if we get a point let alone 3

We have improved under Hughes. Good performances in the league against Arsenal, Chelsea and Bournemouth, however our defensive failings which have been with us all season are still there.

The one game (league)since he joined us where we didn't play well could cost us - West Ham away

Like you say though we have been crap for most of the season, keeping the Clown for too long and failing to win against sides we would have expected to is the reason why we are 3rd bottom.

9 times out of 10 we would lose at Everton, we just have to hope tomorrow is the 10th - though we need to Win not draw in my opinion .

How do you think we will set up? Will Long start to try to stretch their fairly slow defence? Out of the 11 that started last week, it was only Redmond who didn't have a good game in my opinion (except for his contribution to starting the counter-attack for Tadic's first goal). Everton are quite a slow team overall, so pace could be an advantage. Sims to have an impact?

Would you please be kind enough to swim off in your sea of pessimistic trolling and let me focus on and enjoy the wave of determination and optimism flowing through the club since last week. Thank you.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Yep! A dose of reality beckons. Too many wishful thinkers on here.

Our crapness mostly stems from ****-poor management over most of this season, and a resultant lack of confidence.

We are far better than our league position suggests.

However, at anytime a win away against Everton is a tall order, so I'm not too optimistic. Would be happy with a point.

Will be ecstatic if we get 3.

2-0 win for Saints!!!!!

So everyone is giving them **** because of a game that happened 33 years ago? :lol:

Pathetic.

You don’t get football rivalry sunshine fair enough. You have pals that are ok. Fck me.

Why do some people not like Portsmouth? Hey they are people just like me and you.

Never never got that obsession either. Yes I'm sure it must have hurt to lose a semi-final right at the death but to still be going on about it 3 decades later is a bit sad and weird.

Not getting obsessions? Another one trying to use reason and rationale. You either get it or you don’t. As said above you probably quite like our neighbours to do well.

Good. The second I’m liked by anyone from that hole will be a sad day.

Tbf last time I went up I got a decent deal on some shoplifted aftershave from a scouse gentleman in a pub :lol:

You don’t get football rivalry sunshine fair enough. You have pals that are ok. Fck me.

Why do some people not like Portsmouth? Hey they are people just like me and you.

You're comparing Everton to Portsmouth? :lol:

If we hold a grudge against every team that beats us in an important game then everyone would be our rivals. Get a grip. :lol:

I will be delighted with a draw, but ecstatic with a win as this will put huge pressure on other teams around us. Unfortunately though it is extremely likely we will lose and our relegation rivals will pick up points. Nothing is in the bag yet. Nothing.

And before that 1974, last day of the season, when we won 3-0 but were relegated anyway.

I knew it was a long time but didn't realise it was that long ffs.

I was not that optimistic for this game but that almost takes it to zero.

I think we'll go 1-0 but lose 2-1. Similar to the Radzinski brace against us in 2003. Two late goals.

We have SUCH a bad record at Goodison.

The worry in mind is their attacking players like Walcott, Tosun and Bolassie will have too much speed and tricks for our defence - we are completely in the shade if you compare our attacking players. Somehow we have to play the boring stuff; pack the midfield with Romeu, Hoj and Lemina and rely on nicking one or two through the finish of Austin or the "hard to depend on" sparks of Tadic. I'm feeling a mix of hope and denial. Hope that we can squeak out of this mess and deal with the dross of Kreuger, Reed and co.......and denial, of the strong possibility that the Toffees despatch us and effectively send us to the trap door.

You're comparing Everton to Portsmouth? :lol:

If we hold a grudge against every team that beats us in an important game then everyone would be our rivals. Get a grip. :lol:

I’m explaining it to you. It doesn’t irk me. Every football club is basically similar so there is no rational reason for hating some more than others. I do hate Everton though. I also know good lads who support them. Makes not an iota of difference to me. Don’t tell anyone but I also know good lads who support Portsmouth.

I’m explaining it to you. It doesn’t irk me. Every football club is basically similar so there is no rational reason for hating some more than others. I do hate Everton though. I also know good lads who support them. Makes not an iota of difference to me. Don’t tell anyone but I also know good lads who support Portsmouth.

haha. Fair enough mate. I also know a few really sound pompey lads tbf. :lol:

Isn't knowingly receiving stolen goods a criminal offence. Bit rash to say so on here, now the whole world knows so you can expect a 'knock' :-(

That reminds me, C - quick PM on the QT to say the last instalment on the Beemer is now overdue. I know it didn't come with a car key, but the dangling wires work every time, right?

Oh, and I've fixed today's game- we win...two ogs and a last-minute pen if the daft bu ggers can't sort it out. Make sure your eyes don't pop out when you see the bill.

Love, V.

The worry in mind is their attacking players like Walcott, Tosun and Bolassie will have too much speed and tricks for our defence - we are completely in the shade if you compare our attacking players. Somehow we have to play the boring stuff; pack the midfield with Romeu, Hoj and Lemina and rely on nicking one or two through the finish of Austin or the "hard to depend on" sparks of Tadic. I'm feeling a mix of hope and denial. Hope that we can squeak out of this mess and deal with the dross of Kreuger, Reed and co.......and denial, of the strong possibility that the Toffees despatch us and effectively send us to the trap door.

Rumour has it that Walcott is out today. Mind you I got that from a Liverpool supporter who got it from a bloke in Tescos sort of thing.

Rooney and Walcott are definitely out injured, that's what some Everton ITKs have confirmed.

This is their team apparently

Pickford, Coleman, Keane, Jagielka, Baines, Vlasic, Gueye, Schneiderlin, Davies, Bolasie, Tosun.

Edited by Pamplemousse