Atmosphere

Saints foreva

Yep, despite the cretins on Redmond's back in the first half.

At least he got a good round of applause when he was subbed. Felt different today, like we were all in it together for a change, all the team and the fans. Love St Mary's when it's like that, just wish it happened more often.

He was quite frankly atrocious. How he's still getting picked is mind boggling. Much rather see JWP or Sims
Don't know that he was atrocious, but he wasn't great. His delivery is poor all the time. He gets into good situations but then tries to dink a nothing ball between defenders into the box. For me one of the worst on the pitch, but i would never boo one of our players.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

He was quite frankly atrocious. How he's still getting picked is mind boggling. Much rather see JWP or Sims

I guess you were one of the divs then? He was playing well until the retards starting booing him, after which he seemed nervous. Funny, that. Much more use than JWP.

It's just bizarre that he keeps getting picked on the left, where his whole game is about getting the ball onto his right foot. He invariably plays badly there, but when he plays on the right on centrally (e.g. at Wembley last week) he plays a lot better, and then ends up on the left again!

I know that Tadic was excellent today and one of his goals came from him drifting in from the right, but most of the time the same is true for him - a lot of his best performances have come from him playing LW. Yet every manager insists on the same tactics. I wonder what they see that I (and most others) don't, or perhaps the players wrongly believe themselves to be better on the 'opposite' flanks...

No I wasn't at the game. And when I am I don't get on players backs.but was very poor even by his own poor standards .sorry gotta disagree JWP offers far more than Redmond.same number of appearances 100 less mins for JWP 3 more goals same assists 1 less booking better passing %.delivers plenty of decent balls into dangerous areas that we fail to capitalise on.but yeah keep telling yourself Redmond is better i.

JWP

Premier League 20(8) 1671 3 3 2 - 0.9 78.9

Redmond

Premiere League 20(8) 1774 - 3 3 - 1.4 77.5

No he wasn't. I'm no fan of his but he simply was not atrocious. Anyway, great atmosphere today.

Don't know what game you were watching, but he was appalling even by his usually poor standards which is saying something. How this guy is a Premier League footballer is quite baffling. He simply has no idea what to do with the ball when he has it, and just stands around looking lost when he doesn't have it.

However I don't agree with getting on player's backs, and he was still given a good reception when he came off. Crowd were excellent yesterday.

Don't know what game you were watching, but he was appalling even by his usually poor standards which is saying something. How this guy is a Premier League footballer is quite baffling. He simply has no idea what to do with the ball when he has it, and just stands around looking lost when he doesn't have it.

However I don't agree with getting on player's backs, and he was still given a good reception when he came off. Crowd were excellent yesterday.

Great to see our Manager encouraging the Fans to get behind the team at the end of the Game.

Shame he cannot get the Chapel to actually make some noise

Brilliant result

Bornmuff are a damn joke

Like I say, I'm no fan of his and neither would I get on any player's back, but I was watching the game in which he was instrumental in setting up the first goal, good skill to flick it over his man and pass it on. Generally he wasn't great but he wasn't atrocious which is what he was accused of being.

Redmond was good for the first half an hour. Not "ok", not "atrocious" but "good".

Despite that, a large number of clueless simpletons were on his back in the Kingsland and Northam corners, whinging at any action other than a forwards dribble.

He could hear these witless spanners and was rightly fed up. His confidence looked to drop off as a result and he got worse as the game went on.

The atmosphere yesterday was generally excellent but the treatment of Redmond was awful and counterproductive.

Redmond was good for the first half an hour. Not "ok", not "atrocious" but "good".

Despite that, a large number of clueless simpletons were on his back in the Kingsland and Northam corners, whinging at any action other than a forwards dribble.

He could hear these witless spanners and was rightly fed up. His confidence looked to drop off as a result and he got worse as the game went on.

The atmosphere yesterday was generally excellent but the treatment of Redmond was awful and counterproductive.

This

As the atmosphere was so good yesterday Im assuming St Mary's was full of the proper hard core fans, no tourists or families or middle class couples or childish 40 year old men or kids or old codgers or modern football fans.

56 Years of support, good and bad, class myself as hardcore think i resent your comment

As the atmosphere was so good yesterday Im assuming St Mary's was full of the proper hard core fans, no tourists or families or middle class couples or childish 40 year old men or kids or old codgers or modern football fans.

'Hardcore fans' would be there and make a good atmosphere every week, wouldn't they?

I presume this comment was some attempt at humour?

Yeah mush, all of us solid salt of the earth working class types, not a GCSE between us, we abjure the reading of books, our white vans are always dirty.

So is my attempt really..

The singing, clapping and chanting from the Chapel end was a real surprise. It's long been rumoured that's what the players have wanted and they applauded the Chapel end after the game, although they went to the Northam/Kingland corner first. Could this be the beginning of a home kop at last? Let's hope so. It will give us a real home advantage.

I presume this comment was some attempt at humour?

Yeah mush, all of us solid salt of the earth working class types, not a GCSE between us, we abjure the reading of books, our white vans are always dirty.

So is my attempt really..

Think you’re all taking Fan the Flames post too literally, its a sarcastic comment aimed at those criticising our support last weekend.

Think you’re all taking Fan the Flames post too literally, its a sarcastic comment aimed at those criticising our support last weekend.

I did detect some irony in there, so I apologise in that case for not reading this forum closely enough..

Edited by suewhistle
spolling

That was the best feeling at a game since we beat Sunderland 8-0 you could feel the energy from the crowd throughout the match . No player deserves any criticism for their performance because for every mistake made they did better things to redeem themselves .

Yes Hoedt bad pass then life saving tackle springs to mind

How good did it feel at final whistle,was brilliant. And the ground was still 90% full

I think Saturday was the first time I have heard so much dissent from around us towards the folks who left from 88 minutes, on the flip side seeing so many other normally early leavers still sat on the edge of their seats.

Even Sammy Saint was still sat on the "cinder track" in front of the Family Centre...............and he had a drum he was tapping lightly!:rolleyes:

It's been deleted as Bournemouth fans weren't very happy about it:

https://bournemouth-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/southampton-v-afc-bournemouth.5741/page-20

Cherries fans appear very bitter on there. Can't believe that they are that hacked off with their season so far, it would seem that they were desperate to knock a nail into our relegation coffin. I actually felt sorry for some of them, give it a couple more seasons in the top flight and they'll be thinking they should be wining the European cup.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk