• Lemina
    • Romeu
    • Tadic
    • Redmond
    • Austin
    • Long
    • PEH
    • JWP

It has to be Tadic by a country mile, two excellent open play goals that most would bottle. Lemina is gradually getting match fit as he gets over his long injury problems. Too many idiots on here have been on his back quite undeservedly but it was always evident that the player has real class. When he ran to the coaches after his first goal assist you can see immediately who has helped him get back in the team and find his feet.

We must pray that he is still here for our battle for promotion next season. He Romeu and Hojberg will be by far the best midfield in that league and with Bednarek and Hoedt improving by the game and remember they are still young kids, the future is beginning to look very bright. I sense most of the players will give it a year before moving away and then only if we don't get promoted.

It has to be Tadic by a country mile, two excellent open play goals that most would bottle. Lemina is gradually getting match fit as he gets over his long injury problems. Too many idiots on here have been on his back quite undeservedly but it was always evident that the player has real class. When he ran to the coaches after his first goal assist you can see immediately who has helped him get back in the team and find his feet.

We must pray that he is still here for our battle for promotion next season. He Romeu and Hojberg will be by far the best midfield in that league and with Bednarek and Hoedt improving by the game and remember they are still young kids, the future is beginning to look very bright. I sense most of the players will give it a year before moving away and then only if we don't get promoted.

We are not down yet ffs

There are currently three players who have been voted for by 66 people - Tadic, McCarthy, Lemina. IMO that is my top 3 in that order. For once in his playing career at Saints, Tadic actually pulled the trigger at the right time, rather than off load to someone else to **** it up. McCarthy kept us in it, and Lemina gave us some backbone in midfield. Just wish he would push up a little more, esp when PEH came on.

Edited by angelman

I voted Tadic. Reviled by some on here, but he produced two critical goals today. Both were excellent finishes.

McCarthy, take a bow though. Not just the show-stopper at the end but a great leg save off Ake in the first half.

And Lemina, he was so good today. Who saw that coming after his first half at Wembley last weekend?

Lemina was appalling in a cup semi final under Hughes management.

There is a certain type of fan that always wants to give some players a pass. Never their fault. Sort that epitomises all that is wrong with modern football

I voted Tadic. Reviled by some on here, but he produced two critical goals today. Both were excellent finishes.

McCarthy, take a bow though. Not just the show-stopper at the end but a great leg save off Ake in the first half.

And Lemina, he was so good today. Who saw that coming after his first half at Wembley last weekend?

Good point about Lemina. He was terrible in the first half last week.

I voted for Lemina. He was immense today and is absolute class. Can't believe some people have been on his back! Tadic two great goals and was very good today. Take a bow McCarthy. He made some great saves today including the wonder one in the last minute that saw us through.

We have the best midfield in the Premier League, so it will DEFINITELY be the best in the Championship :p

Still don’t understand this - he was much better in the 2nd half against Chelsea. After that game, had no doubt he would be starting today instead of PEH.

I think his "attitude" appeared questionable when he didn't bother coming back on the pitch during an attack, and then ambled back towards the halfway line while Chelsea nearly scored.

I was certainly annoyed about that, and he has been found wanting in a few other games recently too (although I also think some of his mistakes leading to opposition goals have not been totally his fault). But, given Hughes clearly isn't standing for anyone not pulling their weight, and has maybe already had an issue with Lemina once since his arrival (not sure if that was confirmed), the fact he was picked at Wembley and again today suggests to me that maybe his attitude has been decent, and that incident at Wembley might have been due to feeling an injury or something...

No doubt of his ability though, was so glad it was him and Tadic on that break - probably the only two players I'd trust to make such an important pass successfully!

Only two candidates, Tadic or McCarthy? Two goals V two great saves.

I don't think any of you realize that if Les Reed isn't kicked into Asia at the end of the season, he will engineer MCCarthy gone so Forster tree trunk will be no 1. next year. Les Reed is that much of a lunatic.