The year 2005

Pilchards

2 - 0 up against Villa lost 3-2 - see Chelsea

2 up against Middlesboro drew 2-2 - see Watford

Blackburn away lost 3 -0 - see Newcastle/West Ham games I thought we would get a result

Stretching the Norwich win to the Bournemouth win as its the hope that kills you

Oh this is not real.....obviously

The Norwich/Bournemouth wins were 30th and 28th April respectively if you're looking for parallels between home wins that gave us hope when all seemed lost :scared:

Who's main stand was designed by Archibald Leitch too...

A good cup run that ended in the quarter finals rather than the semi finals!

Knocked out of the League Cup by a Championship team who's names begin with W too.

Starting to clutch at straws a bit here but I think that's what this thread is for.

A Manchester club at home on the last day again.

Who had already won the league (I think?), they weren’t exactly up for it, we had a chance but ultimately they were just better than us. Can see a similar thing happening with City.

Who had already won the league (I think?), they weren’t exactly up for it, we had a chance but ultimately they were just better than us. Can see a similar thing happening with City.

Chelsea won the league that year, first year with Mourinho

Well that twitchy bast8rd didnt help leaving Kevin Phillips on the bench in place of Brett Ormerod.

Right you are. I just recall United not having anything to play for, but probably because Chelsea wrapped up the league way before.

They had nothing to play for in the league, but they had an FA Cup final the following week so the hope was they would rest some key players. I remember my heart sinking when I heard the line-up before the game - Rooney, Giggs, Van Nistolroy and so on. I think Fergie really wanted to send us down that day.

Yep. Later ended up at Wolves.

I would submit an 'honourable' mention for Andreas Jakobsson too.

That what cost us the game v Villa when we were 2 up Andreas had Carlton Cole in his pocket - he got concussion I think and that twitch bast8rd brought on Calum useless Davenport instead of Higgy. Cole then ran riot yet another genius Redkrapp decision

2 - 0 up against Villa lost 3-2 - see Chelsea

2 up against Middlesboro drew 2-2 - see Watford

Blackburn away lost 3 -0 - see Newcastle/West Ham games I thought we would get a result

Stretching the Norwich win to the Bournemouth win as its the hope that kills you

Oh this is not real.....obviously

The Bournemouth game really felt like the Norwich game!

Although at least Lowe would have got rid of Pellegrino months ago.

No he wouldn't , think how long he persevered when Wigley was clearly way out of his depth. In fact the Wigley Pellegrino thing is yet another parallel......

No he wouldn't , think how long he persevered when Wigley was clearly way out of his depth. In fact the Wigley Pellegrino thing is yet another parallel......

To be fair Lowe sacked him early December which at least gave the next manager a bit of a chance to change things.

Wigley was a worse appointment but keeping Pelligrino on until after the window shuts and letting him blow £20mill on one of his mates - then sacking him has to rate as the worst decision ever made at SFC.

Not only did we sack a manager that was a bit of an experiment, we replaced him with a 'proper British' manager that 'knows the league' etc etc...

What's scary is that I remember saying to my other half at the start of the season that this season had parallels with 2005. That was based on our fixture list with an easier start to the season and a harder run-in.

It's written in the stars that we're going down, or something like that. As someone said earlier, you can read anything in statistics if you look hard enough (a bit like the stars then).

Reading this I might as well put a smile on my face and look up the winning lottery ticket numbers for the corresponding weekends of Doom back in 2005................worth a punt with so many similarities running like those Final Destination films :?:D:p

They were 12, 18, 22, 33, 43, 48 and the bonus ball was 1.

I remember them well as my uncle won it and tried to buy Portsmouth football club that summer.

It’s amazing what you got for a tenner back then!

I have never wanted to punch someone as much as I did when Marcus Bent scored. Everton fan at uni who was giving it the big one before the game, very very quiet until Bent smashed in the equaliser. I am pretty sure someone had to restrain me.

There are parallels between the seasons, but this time we have better players. Remember Olivier Bernard!

I have never wanted to punch someone as much as I did when Marcus Bent scored. Everton fan at uni who was giving it the big one before the game, very very quiet until Bent smashed in the equaliser. I am pretty sure someone had to restrain me.

There are parallels between the seasons, but this time we have better players. Remember Olivier Bernard!

I still think that was the lowest I've ever felt after a game. My dad, brother & I didnt say a word to each other for hours. Can remember it so well.

Is anyone else worried about a re-run of the Marcus Bent moment? Similar time in the season. Playing Everton, live on Sky, we desperately need the points and they have nothing to play for..

Eek.

They were locked in a battle with their bitter rivals for the final Champions League place. I'd say that's about as much as Everton have had to play for in over 30 years.