1st May Every Year

spyinthesky

Appreciate it is old hat for the youngsters on here but every year I wake up on the 1st May remembering the sense of anticipation in seeing my team walk out at Wembley for the first time.

Despite expecting to be on the end of a drubbing (mid place 2nd Division team versus a very good, young, Div 1 United outfit) by the same time as I am writing this we were worthy Cup Winners.

One of the greatest days of my life that will stick with me forever!!!

can't believe it has taken so long to have a thread on the best day ever for SFC - they should have held the Legends day at the shop today in memory of Bobby (who by the way should be on the top banner not Shilton 216 games v 188 and Jose played 260!!)

Unfortunately 1st May every year is becoming our annual reminder of how long it’s been since we won a major trophy , obviously was a great achievement for the club and a magic day for those of you old enough to have been there, but with the players we’ve had in 80s and recently we should have added some silverware to the cabinet.

But fear not, tomorrow night all that will change when Southampton F.C. are victorious over Blackfield & Langley in the Southampton Senior Cup at St Mary’s, if we win would love to see us parade the cup on the pitch before Man City at home just to see the confusion on their fans / players faces.

Unfortunately 1st May every year is becoming our annual reminder of how long it’s been since we won a major trophy , obviously was a great achievement for the club and a magic day for those of you old enough to have been there, but with the players we’ve had in 80s and recently we should have added some silverware to the cabinet.

But fear not, tomorrow night all that will change when Southampton F.C. are victorious over Blackfield & Langley in the Southampton Senior Cup at St Mary’s, if we win would love to see us parade the cup on the pitch before Man City at home just to see the confusion on their fans / players faces.

Personally I think our 26 year run in the top league, ending in 2004-2005 was our greatest achievement.